The Expert Prediction storage Area

If Sam believes we have a RB problem and he uses that as an excuse for a bad team, then yes,he is an idiot!

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/09/07/mike-holbrooks-2010-nfl-predictions

Mike Holbrook- Pro Football weekly

AFC East

1. Miami: Marshall just what emerging QB Henne needed.

2. N.Y. Jets: Sanchez must limit mistakes.

3. New England: Brady, Moss motivated to perform, but D-line is big question mark.

4. Buffalo: The favorite to hold No. 1 overall pick in 2011 draft.

The guy who made the comments RB problem on NFL.com is Steve, not Sam. Steve's bio says nothing about ever being a coach.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accountability is a funny thing.

Sometimes it works in your favor, and sometimes it works against you.

What are you Cynical or something? sure, I'll stick around. Why would them being right (which they won't be unless we have as many critical injuries as last year) and me being wrong, bring me any shame? So I could be wrong. Okay.

I realize some one has to do this picking the worst teams in the league but I don't have to like it if they pick us this time. If I am wrong big effing :oops: at least I didn't get paid and put out there on a website which millions are going read and not earn my money as an "expert". That is where the accountability SHOULD come in.

BTW,what does this have to do with anybody leaving?

Here are the one I have that I haven't seen posted yet:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ben_reiter/08/31/afc.east.preview/index.html

Ben Reiter, SI.com

Predicted record: 3-13.

The Bills are widely expected to be one of the NFL's worst teams, and that they play in a stacked division and face a brutal early schedule (they play five popular playoff picks -- the Dolphins, Packers, Patriots, Jets and Ravens -- in their first six games) won't help matters. A defense that ought to be improved, even though sacks leader Aaron Schobel retired, should keep them in games long enough for the offense -- and, particularly, the offensive line -- to lose them. They might emerge from their four games against fellow bottom-feeders in the Jaguars, Chiefs, Lions and Browns with a few wins, but an ultimate record better than 3-13 would constitute an accomplishment.

The Bills are widely expected to be one of the NFL's worst teams, and that they play in a stacked division and face a brutal early schedule (they play five popular playoff picks -- the Dolphins, Packers, Patriots, Jets and Ravens -- in their first six games) won't help matters. A defense that ought to be improved, even though sacks leader Aaron Schobel retired, should keep them in games long enough for the offense -- and, particularly, the offensive line -- to lose them. They might emerge from their four games against fellow bottom-feeders in the Jaguars, Chiefs, Lions and Browns with a few wins, but an ultimate record better than 3-13 would constitute an accomplishment.

I toughness of the team is based on last year. This is where the experts made their mistake in 2009.

There was no way Buffalo could beat Miami or Jacksonville

Edited by Another Point of View

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d5d81228bfe/article/bills-hope-gailey-can-provide-muchneeded-change

In case the above link doesn't persist:

Bucky Brooks

Offense will show signs of improvement under new coach Chan Gailey, but Bills will still land in division cellar.

Prediction: 4-12, last in AFC East

Wow! Bucky Brooks, as in Bu. Brooks (the other B. Brooks of the 1994 Buffalo Bills). It's nice to know that, after a quiet career as a mediocre kick returner and reserve defensive back, NFL.com welcomes you on as a talking head!

What are you Cynical or something? sure, I'll stick around. Why would them being right (which they won't be unless we have as many critical injuries as last year) and me being wrong, bring me any shame? So I could be wrong. Okay.

So it's not possible they could be wrong and that's it?

Why is it allowed to end there for you, but not for them?

I realize some one has to do this picking the worst teams in the league but I don't have to like it if they pick us this time.

Nobody says you have to like it. I disagree with their opinions myself.

They expressed their opinion, you express yours.

Again, why does it have to be more than that?

If I am wrong big effing :oops: at least I didn't get paid and put out there on a website which millions are going read and not earn my money as an "expert". That is where the accountability SHOULD come in.

Ah, now I get it. They get PAID to express their opinion, and you don't.

I'm guessing the money they got paid with came from you? No?

What about the fans of the teams that fail to meet the expectations of these "experts"? Should they also be ready to condemn the experts?

Wrong is wrong. Should be no different just because they over estimated the expectations of a team.

BTW,what does this have to do with anybody leaving?

I'm not surprised. You too busy on your quest of holding those accountable who disagree with your opinion to get it.

So it's not possible they could be wrong and that's it?

Why is it allowed to end there for you, but not for them?

easy it is MY team, that is where it ends for me. And except arguing my point with you no one really cares about my opinion

Nobody says you have to like it. I disagree with their opinions myself.

They expressed their opinion, you express yours.

Again, why does it have to be more than that?

really you are willing to argue with me on a message board about it and then ask me why there has to be more to it for me? Why is there more to it for you, that I can't question it?

Ah, now I get it. They get PAID to express their opinion, and you don't.

I'm guessing the money they got paid with came from you? No?

What about the fans of the teams that fail to meet the expectations of these "experts"? Should they also be ready to condemn the experts?

Wrong is wrong. Should be no different just because they over estimated the expectations of a team.

if I am a jets fan and they tank this season, I may get upset. If I watch a weather man and he says sunny tomorrow no chance of rain so I decide to ride my motorbike to work and I am riding home and we have a tropical storm am I a bit critical of the job he did, excrement yeah!

I'm not surprised. You too busy on your quest of holding those accountable who disagree with your opinion to get it.

To get what? Why people leave here? Is it too much arguing? Or trying to make a point. If I have to ask I don't get it your right. What I do get this year is simply this, this team could be better than last years, they can say they are going to suck all they want. In a lot of ways yeah, I could give a flying copulation. I just don't think they are doing their job well, am I held accountable when I don't do my work well, yeah I am. I am not on any quest, if I was I would do something like email them instead of doing this thing here. What the heck, didn't you like being called cynical?

Edited by bowery4

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article185150.ece

By Mark Gaughan

NEWS SPORTS REPORTER

Outlook

The Bills' shift to a 3-4 scheme makes sense in the AFC East, which is a punishing division. Newcomers Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis help make the Bills more stout. But logic suggests there will be some growing pains in adjusting to the 3-4. On offense, Gailey's track record is cause for optimism. He probably will utilize Spiller, Parrish, Jackson and Evans to the best of their abilities.

However, there are too many question marks to predict that everything will fall into place in Year One of the Bills' new regime. The schedule is tough early. Look for the Bills to be more entertaining, competitive and ultimately unsuccessful. Prediction: 5-11.

It is actually a decent article

Another one from ESPN Gene Wojiechowski

12. Words sure to be spoken by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell next April

"With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select University of Washington quarterback Jake Locker."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?page=wojciechowski/100908&sportCat=nfl

I like the Qb but the rest is hogwash

Buffalo News- Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan article 9/9/2010

www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article185119.ece

I'm willing to be surprised, but its looks like a three- or four-win team. By now, even the most ardent fan has to wonder what's to be gained by winning six or seven

I really can't stand his articles much anymore.

By now, the most ardent fans must feel Jerry Sullivan has spent 20 years too long in Buffalo :wallbash:.

Another one from ESPN Gene Wojiechowski

12. Words sure to be spoken by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell next April

"With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select University of Washington quarterback Jake Locker."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?page=wojciechowski/100908&sportCat=nfl

I like the part where he says CJ Spiller ZOOM ZOOM!! Zoom Zoom Spiller kinda nice :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.g...08&sportCat=nfl

He makes predictions about the whole league, but the ones that concern us include #6, #8, and #12.

I am so sick of hearing that the Bills are "guaranteed" to be picking 1st next year.

EDIT: didn't notice plenzmd's post, but Gene is a tool and deserves to be proven wrong twice.

Edited by SpillerTime21

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/09/pfts-week-one-picks/

"Dolphins at Bills

Florio's take: The four-team AFC East will come down to three teams. The Dolphins are one of those three teams; the Bills aren't. Though anything can happen in Week One (after all, the Bills once spanked the Pats, 31-0, to launch a season that ended with a New England Super Bowl win), the Dolphins are better than the Bills at most positions, and whether it comes from passes thrown to Brandon Marshall or Wildcat runs from Ronnie Brown or a defense that gets a kick in the butt from Mike Nolan, the Dolphins should handle the Bills with relative ease.

Florio's pick: Dolphins 27, Bills 13.

Rosenthal's take: Toughest game to pick on the schedule. The oddsmakers want you to take the Dolphins. Which means it's a bad idea. I predicted the Dolphins would make the playoffs in the PFT Season Preview. Which means they won't. Miami couldn't have had a more deeply depressing August on offense and the defense remains unsettled. But a wise man once told me: "Always ignore August. And September is the best time for Miami to play in Buffalo."

Rosenthal's pick: Dolphins 14, Bills 13."

http://www.wgr550.com/twobillsdrive/8109772

Jeremy White Reporting

5-11

Edwards for the season - 11 Games, 14 TDs, 10 INTs, 2600 yds

Fitzpatrick - 5 Games, 6 TDs, 8 INTs, 1200 yds

I don’t know WHEN Trent will get hurt...I just think it will happen.

CJ Spiller does NOT win Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Torrell Troup does NOT win Defensive Rookie of the Year.

The Bills finish 5-11, and will pick 6th in the upcoming NFL Draft. Short on Billievers and low on expectations, let's just hope we can all have some fun.