Can we help the experts with their bonehead Buffalo Prediction

I am telling you, these guys are dead wrong this season and I am SURE the experts will manufacture a long list of Excuses later

I starting my own list of excuses for the experts.

#1 Well,they sure looked dead,but I was covering the Revis story in New York.

#2 Buffalo was lucky, Spiller should have been taken #1.

#3 The Patriots, Jets and Dolphins started SLOW, just let those Bills in there!

#4 I did say "Probably" last place. :oops:

#5 I KNOW FOOTBALL, THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!!!

#6 I am not really very good at predictions, I just followed the crowd!

#7 It seems so clear to me now, It's a team sport!

#8 What an improved football team! That Brent Medford is my favorite!

#9 The Bills won 5 games by a field goal, LUUCCKKYY!!!

AND #10 My dog ate my homework and the facts were blury.

"Well, I didn't really look at them carefully. I was just saying what the other guy said."

"Maybe they had some decent players all along and their success this season is really an indictment of Dick Jauron's poor coaching."

"That's why they play the games."

"So, whipty-do, they are successful. Who cares?! It'll always just be Buffalo."

"I really thought they were good, but I was afraid of being laughed at by my peers."

"Well, I didn't really look at them carefully. I was just saying what the other guy said."

"Maybe they had some decent players all along and their success this season is really an indictment of Dick Jauron's poor coaching."

"That's why they play the games."

"So, whipty-do, they are successful. Who cares?! It'll always just be Buffalo."

"I really thought they were good, but I was afraid of being laughed at by my peers."

God, I like your's better!

Edited by Another Point of View

In response to your title: No, we can't. The experts will have the Bills in the cellar.

What will be fun, if the Bills do make the playoffs, is watching all those experts go into full blown disaster recovery mode.

Oh, it will be fun, indeed. And they will have to do so because the Bills will be much stronger than they are saying right now. This was a great thread idea!!

In response to your title: No, we can't. The experts will have the Bills in the cellar.

What will be fun, if the Bills do make the playoffs, is watching all those experts go into full blown disaster recovery mode.

I can hear it now, Doctor...

"Wow, I can't believe it! What a 'Cinderella story' - who would have ever thought that, after being picked up off of Green Bay's practice squad last season, Brian Brohm would step in under such adverse circumstances early this season and lead the Buffalo Bills all the way to the Superbowl championship???" ;)

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

"Wow, I can't believe it! What a 'Cinderella story' - who would have ever thought that, after being picked up off of Green Bay's practice squad last season, Brian Brohm would step in under such adverse circumstances early this season and lead the Buffalo Bills all the way to the Superbowl championship???" ;)

Lets not get crazy :unsure:

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

I'm more inclined to think they'll lie through their teeth, say they picked the Bills from the beginning and pronounce Gailey a genius.

Wow...just playing devil's advocate

A starting QB that you wanted to run out of town last year.

A suspect OL w/ probably the worst Tackle combo in the league.

A HC that wasn't on anyones short or long lists (until he got the job of course)

A defense that just lost it's best pass rusher, should be good, can be great....nobody knows yet.

A division that includes a 3 SB winning coach/qb and a pretty good team that seems to make the playoffs every year, A team that went to last years AFC championship and did nothing but add value in the off season (many choose them for the SB) and the fins who's anybody's guess.

A franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since Flutie Flakes were all the rage.

A history of horrendous drafting in the last decade

And you expect them do fawn all over this team and pick them anything better than 3 in our division?

I love the optimism here, great fans for sure. Don't worry what the writers say, they will hop on the wagon if were any good in the first 3-4 weeks. It's up to the team now.

Wow...just playing devil's advocate

A starting QB that you wanted to run out of town last year.

A suspect OL w/ probably the worst Tackle combo in the league.

A HC that wasn't on anyones short or long lists (until he got the job of course)

A defense that just lost it's best pass rusher, should be good, can be great....nobody knows yet.

A division that includes a 3 SB winning coach/qb and a pretty good team that seems to make the playoffs every year, A team that went to last years AFC championship and did nothing but add value in the off season (many choose them for the SB) and the fins who's anybody's guess.

A franchise that hasn't made the playoffs since Flutie Flakes were all the rage.

A history of horrendous drafting in the last decade

And you expect them do fawn all over this team and pick them anything better than 3 in our division?

I love the optimism here, great fans for sure. Don't worry what the writers say, they will hop on the wagon if were any good in the first 3-4 weeks. It's up to the team now.

Are you saying NO SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR?

ummmm, they're called predictions, based on observations, history and an evaluation of talent.

in other words, they are "expectations," not facts or guarantees.

given that, a boneheaded prediction would in fact entail someone in an objective position to project the Bills making the Super Bowl this season. that's not to say it's not possible, but it's very unlikely.

now that we're at Week 1, my prediction is 6-10.

jw