Clean Slate -- A Doom 'n Gloomer's Pledge

CosmicBills

In just seven days, the 2010 Buffalo Bills will take the field and try to squish the most foul smelling of fish. With a new season finally upon us, it's time to put an end to all the off-season hysteria and over-analysis. Since the final few weeks of the 2009 season I've been pretty vocal and extremely pessimistic about how far off course this team had strayed. Now that the final roster is set for the 2010 season I think it's time for me to shut the hell up and instead get fired up.

Yes, it's true that I think that Nix was an uninspired and incestuous hire. Yes it's true that I (still) think the Spiller pick was the wrong move for this team no matter how good he becomes. Yes it's true that this team has so little talent on its roster that 5 undrafted free agents made the final 53 man squad. Yes it's true that this team has horrible depth in the offensive trenches, absolutely zero talent at the RT position and only potential talent at the LT spot. Yes it's true that this WR corps is not only the least experienced unit in the NFL but it also lacks any semblance of a legit number 2 receiver. Yes it's true that Trent Edwards has yet to stay healthy enough to make 16 starts and is unlikely to do so this year because he's more injury prone than a blind man in stampede. Yes it's true that the defense so far has been awful thanks to a total lack of proper 3-4 personnel along the front 7 and without question the worst LB crops in the NFL.

But you know what? Who cares?! The Bills are 0-0. It's a brand new season, and I'm a fan. The Bills are the only NFL team I've ever rooted for in my life and always will be. Hell, I live in California now but STILL have my season tickets to the Ralph. At the end of the day I'm a fan. And like all fans I want to see my team kick ass on Sunday. Despite all my critiques of this team over the past 9 months, the one thing I've never questioned is the heart of its players. Even the players I've dogged recently have huge hearts and have showed it week in and week out. This team has been punching above its weightclass for a decade now and remaining competitive -- there's no reason to expect that to change this year. And you know what that means?

It means they have a shot.

That's what makes sports great. That's what makes football great. "Any given Sunday". So I'm putting all those critiques in a little box and padlocking it. Until this team, this pure and clean 2010 Buffalo Bills team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, the homer glasses are going on. So let's get ready to squish some fish!

GO BILLS!

In just seven days, the 2010 Buffalo Bills will take the field and try to squish the most foul smelling of fish. With a new season finally upon us, it's time to put an end to all the off-season hysteria and over-analysis. Since the final few weeks of the 2009 season I've been pretty vocal and extremely pessimistic about how far off course this team had strayed. Now that the final roster is set for the 2010 season I think it's time for me to shut the hell up and instead get fired up.

Yes, it's true that I think that Nix was an uninspired and incestuous hire. Yes it's true that I (still) think the Spiller pick was the wrong move for this team no matter how good he becomes. Yes it's true that this team has so little talent on its roster that 5 undrafted free agents made the final 53 man squad. Yes it's true that this team has horrible depth in the offensive trenches, absolutely zero talent at the RT position and only potential talent at the LT spot. Yes it's true that this WR corps is not only the least experienced unit in the NFL but it also lacks any semblance of a legit number 2 receiver. Yes it's true that Trent Edwards has yet to stay healthy enough to make 16 starts and is unlikely to do so this year because he's more injury prone than a blind man in stampede. Yes it's true that the defense so far has been awful thanks to a total lack of proper 3-4 personnel along the front 7 and without question the worst LB crops in the NFL.

But you know what? Who cares?! The Bills are 0-0. It's a brand new season, and I'm a fan. The Bills are the only NFL team I've ever rooted for in my life and always will be. Hell, I live in California now but STILL have my season tickets to the Ralph. At the end of the day I'm a fan. And like all fans I want to see my team kick ass on Sunday. Despite all my critiques of this team over the past 9 months, the one thing I've never questioned is the heart of its players. Even the players I've dogged recently have huge hearts and have showed it week in and week out. This team has been punching above its weightclass for a decade now and remaining competitive -- there's no reason to expect that to change this year. And you know what that means?

That's what makes sports great. That's what makes football great. "Any given Sunday". So I'm putting all those critiques in a little box and padlocking it. Until this team, this pure and clean 2010 Buffalo Bills team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, the homer glasses are going on. So let's get ready to squish some fish!

GO BILLS!

Nice post tgreg. I am a vocal critic of the Bills too. Now, it's time to unite forget about who is wrong or right and watch some football. I think the Bills have a good shot at beating the Dolphins. That's the only game I care about right now. GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by mpl6876

Yes, it's true that I think that Nix was an uninspired and incestuous hire. Yes it's true that I (still) think the Spiller pick was the wrong move for this team no matter how good he becomes.

GO BILLS! [/b][/size]

Sorry got this far and skimmed down to the bottom and you said something I agreed with

Don't like them, do what I do with you use the ignore button instead of calling me incoherent. BTW don't bother replying, I won't be reading your posts anymore. Just thought I would give you my opinions about what you have been saying tonight here. If it seems incoherent to you so be it. I have a much lower opinion of you already anyways and I expressed that in a rather civil and polite way with out reverting to name calling.

GO BILLS!

What a damn good post! :thumbsup:

Sorry about the Hijacky thing I replied to someone when I should have bothered (I am a little pissed at myself for doing it and even more so for putting it in your thread too) and now I actually did read the whole thing, Pilsner is right it is a GREAT post! :thumbsup:

Sorry about the Hijacky thing I replied to someone when I should have bothered (I am a little pissed at myself for doing it and even more so for putting it in your thread too) and now I actually did read the whole thing, Pilsner is right it is a GREAT post! :thumbsup:

it is a great post and I said that. I have one question for you. When and where did I call you a name.

Wow, this thread got hijacked fast ...

It sure did. In the second paragraph of the original post, you accuse Buddy Nix of being an incestuous hire. This soap opera mentality has got to stop. I have seen nothing to indicate this and besides, although I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, I doubt at Nix's advanced age can even think of things like that any more. Maybe he can't remember which one is his sister? How would you know all this crap anyway?

Then again with all the Levitre, Wang and Wood around OBD, I guess you never know.

It sure did. In the second paragraph of the original post, you accuse Buddy Nix of being an incestuous hire. This soap opera mentality has got to stop. I have seen nothing to indicate this and besides, although I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, I doubt at Nix's advanced age can even think of things like that any more. Maybe he can't remember which one is his sister? How would you know all this crap anyway?

Then again with all the Levitre, Wang and Wood around OBD, I guess you never know.

:lol:

You're my hero.

GO BILLS!

Well said Greg, you're less of a dick than I thought. :D

Well said Greg, you're less of a dick than I thought. :D

:lol: LMAO ....but exactly what I was thinking.

seriously though tgregg, after all the negative crap i had to wallow through to get to the end, that was cool. We got our team now good, bad ,or indifferent and hopefully all the doom and gloomers, realists, pessimists, and positive ones(me)can finally just come together and back our team. (and I pray we win some games fast or it'll all unravel so damn fast and the board will melt like just after the spiller pic)

GO BILLS!

We dont have the worst linebacker core in the league. Poz is a GOOD linebacker. Andra Davis is a solid addition, and Kawika Mitchell is OK. Reggie Torbor has been impressive in camp, and i would say the only question mark is Kelsay at this point. Our LB's arent exactly GREAT, but we are definetely not the worst in the league. Check: Rams, Lions, Bucs, Giants.....

GO BILLS!

It is hard to get inspired by your speech after reading all your negativity for months on end. To your credit you have been very consistent and you are one of the many unhappy die-hards.

If you ever get a job leading people please remember it is more important to walk-the-walk than to talk-the-talk.

Edited by Bob in STL