Give me your take on Brian Brohm #4

I give him a passing grade. Nothing great but his passes were for the most part on the money, scrambled better then I though, did a nice job reading the defense.

I did count 3 times when the receiver ran the wrong route or just plain fell down.

Grade C+ :flirt:

Edited by Another Point of View

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give him a passing grade. Nothing great but his passes were for the most part on the money, scrambled better then I though, did a nice job reading the defense.

I did count 3 times when the receiver ran the wrong route or just plain fell down.

Grade C+ :flirt:

I felt bad for Brohm because he played hard. He even ran down field to throw a block. Unfortunately he didn't get much help from his teammates. Too many dropped passes, receivers running the wrong routes and horrible play from the offensive line has most likely cost him a roster spot. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else.

Guest dog14787

I wasn't particularly happy with Brohm or the whole teams performance for that matter, TE played O.K. I suppose, but the long ball to Evans could have went either way and just as easily INT. The O-line starters looked shaky and If you had to grade them as a whole(starters/2nd/3rd string)) most folks would probably give them a failing grade.

The Running game looked dismal without CJ and maybe kelly the well balanced dog is correct, Spiller needs to start and stay on the field, he's our new age Thurman Thomas.

I will say this though, I missed half the friggin game :wallbash:

You guys tell me If I'm out of line here

Edited by dog14787

I felt bad for Brohm because he played hard. He even ran down field to throw a block. Unfortunately he didn't get much help from his teammates. Too many dropped passes, receivers running the wrong routes and horrible play from the offensive line has most likely cost him a roster spot. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else.

Me feelings exactly, you could tell he was a little agrivated with his WR's

it would really have been nice to eveluate him with the 1's, you want see him as a 1 not a 3, his teammates failed him bad.

I still think he stays and Levi heads to the PS!!

Yeah, I mean I am pretty much indifferent to Brohm, but I still think we keep the three that we have and Levi goes to the practice squad.

I'll say this for the third time and I know many of you know it, but here it goes anyways: if someone takes Brown off of our practice squad they have to put him on their 53 man roster...which is kind of big move to make at the start of the season with another teams 4th QB.

yes, I know he has to make it to the PS, meaning pass through waivers, but still, I don't think he is a threat at being picked up.

Yeah, I mean I am pretty much indifferent to Brohm, but I still think we keep the three that we have and Levi goes to the practice squad.

I'll say this for the third time and I know many of you know it, but here it goes anyways: if someone takes Brown off of our practice squad they have to put him on their 53 man roster...which is kind of big move to make at the start of the season with another teams 4th QB.

yes, I know he has to make it to the PS, meaning pass through waivers, but still, I don't think he is a threat at being picked up.

Great observation, its not likely a team will claim him! :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787

I know Levi mad a costly mistake last night against the Lions, but Levi Brown also made some real nice throws in my opinion.

Despite the unfavorable results against the Lions, Chan Gaileys approach/handling of the Bills young signal callers and the Buffalo Bills football team in general has been outstanding in my opinion and I can't wait to get the season started.

Edited by dog14787

I wasn't particularly happy with Brohm's or the whole teams performance for that matter, TE played O.K. I suppose, but the long ball to Evans could have went either way and just as easily INT. The O-line starters looked shaky and If you had to grade them as a whole(starters/2nd/3rd string)) most folks would probably give them a failing grade.

The Running game looked dismal without CJ and maybe kelly the well balanced dog is correct, Spiller needs to start and stay on the field, he's our new age Thurman Thomas.

I will say this though, I missed half the friggin game :wallbash:

You guys tell me If I'm out of line here

I am impressed with how we looked, and have been impressed with Trent this pre-season and really hope it translates to the regular season. I don't get your comment, because if he had chosen not to throw that pass to Evans, and only thrown the safe passes, then he "doesn't trust his receivers." Trent took a shot, trusted Evans to make the grab, and it worked out. To say that since it "could have just as easily been an interception" is the case with most shots that QB's take, and it's actually the reason he has looked so much better, is because he did trust his receiver to make the catch.

I know Levi mad a costly mistake last night against the Lions, but Levi Brown also made some real nice throws in my opinion.

Despite the unfavorable results against the Lions, Chan Gaileys approach/handling of the Bills young signal callers and the Buffalo Bills football team in general has been outstanding in my opinion and I can't wait to get the season started.

An interception in a preaseason game by a rooke is nothing more then blip.

I think the Bills are crazy if they cut Brohm and keep Brown on the active roster as the #3. Levi is clearly not ready to play in the NFL yet. He needs a year or two of development on a practice squad, whether it is ours or someone else's. I think we should stick with Trent, Fitz and Brohm. Cut Levi and pass him to the practice squad. If he gets picked up and kept on someone's active roster, so what. There are other guys avaialble that could be put on the Practice squad to develop.

I've always liked Brohm and before Trent stepped up his game this preseason I thought the starting lineup would be Brohm Trent Levi with Fitz either traded for a 7th round pick or released. I do believe that it was an unfair showing of his skills last night since our recievers ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I counted a handful of passes from brohm that were right on the money but were dropped. Tight spirals vs. edwards lame duck wobbels is a huge difference. I think Brohm has the tools to be a great QB still but it's really tough when your supposed supporting cast plays like dookie and makes you look bad. I hope he stays. I like his Character, his passion for the game and the fact that he can scramble as he showed last night since we are one injury away from a tretchorous offensive line. If you ask me if trent were to go down in regular season who would play as the backup, i would still choose Brohm all day. What does everyone think about who is 2nd string?

I think the Bills are crazy if they cut Brohm and keep Brown on the active roster as the #3. Levi is clearly not ready to play in the NFL yet. He needs a year or two of development on a practice squad, whether it is ours or someone else's. I think we should stick with Trent, Fitz and Brohm. Cut Levi and pass him to the practice squad. If he gets picked up and kept on someone's active roster, so what. There are other guys avaialble that could be put on the Practice squad to develop.

The real question is...Will Trent Edwards survive and who will move up if he doesn't!

In that case I want Fitz and Brohm.

Edited by Another Point of View

Guest dog14787

I am impressed with how we looked, and have been impressed with Trent this pre-season and really hope it translates to the regular season. I don't get your comment, because if he had chosen not to throw that pass to Evans, and only thrown the safe passes, then he "doesn't trust his receivers." Trent took a shot, trusted Evans to make the grab, and it worked out. To say that since it "could have just as easily been an interception" is the case with most shots that QB's take, and it's actually the reason he has looked so much better, is because he did trust his receiver to make the catch.

The ball looked under thrown to me, I don't know, maybe I'm being to critical. Given Evans size(I know he's a play maker),its just not the kind of throw I would advise.

I am however one of TE's biggest fans

Edited by dog14787

I think Fitz and Brohm are pretty much equal as far as talent and showing what they have goes, but I suspect Fitz will be the backup, and I am pretty darn sure we'll want to keep Brown. I'm seeing Brohm being cut and possibly coming back on the taxi squad.

You may be right but the league is loaded with Develpmentel QB's and I don't think other teams will rush to sign a 7th round draft pick. If they liked him so much they could have easily drafted him.

Its not like he had a GREAT preseason. He did okay

Guest dog14787

An interception in a preaseason game by a rooke is nothing more then blip.

Chan Gailey hates costly turnovers and a blip like that can cost you a possible roster spot, but I've always suspected Brown would be hitting the practice squad anyway.

Think of it this way. Trent has been here for how many years and how many years has he been able to play a full season? Do you trust Levi Brown with the responsibility of playing late in the season if Trent and Fitz/Brohm are hurt? I maintain he will sneak through waivers and be on the PS. Brohm will be 3rd string b/c he showed he is capable of being on the field and at least presenting as competent.

Brown needs some seasoning for sure but that heave he had in the 4th to Hardy was pretty sick! :thumbsup:

Dog, I swear to you I still don't think he made that mistake.

I truly think he is covering up for his receiver running the wrong route, and if that is the case that shows some damn fine leadership in putting it on his own shoulders.