The player I am most happy for... +

beggar13

As far as last season went, it could not have been more disheartening for anyone other than Roscoe Parrish. I think that's the thing I love about Gailey most, the fact that he recognizes talent and rewards the player with that talent who applies himself. I am so excited to see Roscoe finally being used in this offense. After the way the coaches treated him last season, I would have sworn they caught Roscoe stealing from their wallets and sleeping with their daughters. I really hope he shines this year. I for one will be wearing his jersey on opening day!

As far as last season went, it could not have been more disheartening for anyone other than Roscoe Parrish. I think that's the thing I love about Gailey most, the fact that he recognizes talent and rewards the player with that talent who applies himself. I am so excited to see Roscoe finally being used in this offense. After the way the coaches treated him last season, I would have sworn they caught Roscoe stealing from their wallets and sleeping with their daughters. I really hope he shines this year. I for one will be wearing his jersey on opening day!

Don't you just wish you knew the real story behind what the real story was on why Parish didn't play..! I know I do..! I agree I'm also happy for him, the guy plays with heart, as do alot of guys on this team..I too hope Gailey can work some magic on this team...!

It was disheartening to see the former coaching staff not pay attention to the talent that was sitting right in front of them, or seeing it and just not knowing how to use it. I guess that is why some Head coaches have success & some don't .

But i am with you i always thought that Roscoe reminded me & could be a lot like one Steve Smith in Carolina if given the chance and i hope he will show us all just how talented he is !!

Don't you just wish you knew the real story behind what the real story was on why Parish didn't play..! I know I do..! I agree I'm also happy for him, the guy plays with heart, as do alot of guys on this team..I too hope Gailey can work some magic on this team...!

I think the real problem was flat out incompetence from the offensive braintrust. They had a weapon and didn't bother to find ways to use it. Lack of a good OL and QB played a part, I'm sure. But those limitations put a higher value on creativity. There has been none of that for the past few years.

Stop with the "+". It's irritating. I read all the threads and don't need some pollyanna symbol to protect my eyes from negativity. This is the last time I will open anything with a "+" or "-"! If anybody else thinks this is childish speak up now.

Stop with the "+". It's irritating. I read all the threads and don't need some pollyanna symbol to protect my eyes from negativity. This is the last time I will open anything with a "+" or "-"! If anybody else thinks this is childish speak up now.

+1 ( I kid.....)

Edited by Green Lightning

Yes, it's completely stupid. But almost nobody is doing it, so why make a fuss. If he want's to put + and - let him. To tell the truth, I didn't even notice it was there.

I think the real problem was flat out incompetence from the offensive braintrust. They had a weapon and didn't bother to find ways to use it. Lack of a good OL and QB played a part, I'm sure. But those limitations put a higher value on creativity. There has been none of that for the past few years.

I think its a combo of that and the fact Roscoe was reponsible for some bonehead plays last year that cost us at least the browns game and DJ felt his seat get warmer and Freddy was playing awesome...he had to find a way to get him the ball...returning kicks was one way and that took roscoe out

I think its a combo of that and the fact Roscoe was reponsible for some bonehead plays last year that cost us at least the browns game and DJ felt his seat get warmer and Freddy was playing awesome...he had to find a way to get him the ball...returning kicks was one way and that took roscoe out

If you are referring to the punt return change, I agree. Roscoe didn't do himself any favors by whining about his role/asking for a trade/etc and then making a couple of what you correctly called "boneheaded plays".

I'm talking about far more than that. Roscoe hasn't been used properly in the offense for years. Neither was Josh Reed. For example, this preseason I have seen more quick slants than the past three years combined.

It was disheartening to see the former coaching staff not pay attention to the talent that was sitting right in front of them, or seeing it and just not knowing how to use it. I guess that is why some Head coaches have success & some don't .

But i am with you i always thought that Roscoe reminded me & could be a lot like one Steve Smith in Carolina if given the chance and i hope he will show us all just how talented he is !!

Jauron seemed intent on over simplifying the offense and attempt to bang square pegs in round holes. The mark of a good coach, IMO, is one who maximizes what he has to work with and brings out the best in those players. Not one of Jauron's strengths. Hopefully, it will be one of Gailey's.

Edited by DrFishfinder

Nelson. I think this guy has worked very hard through the off season and training camp hoping for a long shot to make the team and he has done it really well. I appreciate the folks who earn their way through the long tough path rather than be given the keys to the corvette.

I think it was Dick Mauron being Dick Mauron.