Tea Party Rally Video ...hysterical, wish I'd gone for laughs

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you say Palin and Beck do it solely out of concern for the country. That is their statement essentially. Am I correct?

I'm saying a liberal who tries to paint either of them in a negative way based on the lone fact that they are making a bunch of dough in the process is an idiot.

When all else fails, give them crap about the money. Libs do it to Beck and Palin. Conservatives do it to Al Gore and his global warming nonsense. It's a stupid argument used by the weak-minded when they are completely unable to discuss the issue on its own. You notice no one is debating Beck's message at the event, right? So what's left? "Hey, everyone! Look at the loonies in the crowd! Look at all the cash Beck and Palin are making!"

But thanks for trying to bait me. It was almost a decent effort.

Now hold on a minute. We're talking about 100k people who attended a GLENN BECK rally. And we're questioning whether or not they're idiots? Isn't "Attending a Glenn Beck rally" more of a determining criteria?

Just so I have this straight: "The Big Cat" went to a Glenn Beck rally yet he believes OTHER people are idiots?

Just so I have this straight: "The Big Cat" went to a Glenn Beck rally yet he believes OTHER people are idiots?

You must have missed it, he is employed with a journalistic business that has him covering stories such as Palin's book signings and Glenn Beck rallies.

I'm sure there is no liberal bias whatsoever.

I'm saying a liberal who tries to paint either of them in a negative way based on the lone fact that they are making a bunch of dough in the process is an idiot.

When all else fails, give them crap about the money. Libs do it to Beck and Palin. Conservatives do it to Al Gore and his global warming nonsense. It's a stupid argument used by the weak-minded when they are completely unable to discuss the issue on its own. You notice no one is debating Beck's message at the event, right? So what's left? "Hey, everyone! Look at the loonies in the crowd! Look at all the cash Beck and Palin are making!"

But thanks for trying to bait me. It was almost a decent effort.

What is his message? All i got is that he wants the country to pray to his God ... the God of Racism, in this case.

Other than that, what are his specific proposals? What's his detailed plan for America?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Why did you go? And what did you come away with, WRT the whole event?

I went because my cousin got married. And while I wasn't assigned to the event per se (no real need to dispatch someone from Chicago to gather the kind of material I was after), I was told that since I was right then and there to look for stories where I could find them.

Technically I was on vacation, so doing any kind of "work" was my own prerogative. But like I mentioned, there was no "story" to be had since everyone just wanted to rehash talking points, most of them vague and meaningless. I didn't challenge them, but when I'd dig a little deeper or ask them to talk about how issues had effected them personally, they'd get their backs up like it was some kind of hit campaign. WRT the whole event, what can I say? A lot of like-minded people in one area on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Spirits were high, and with the exception of a few isolated incidences where the masses were being outright taunted by dissenters, it was a lively, jovial atmosphere. Everyone there was very pleased with themselves and the so-called movement they represent, regardless of how well or how poorly they could define it.

The attendees were the same brand of cheerleader that gets beaten to a pulp on PPP. And since I take such issue with how the event's message was thwarted and disseminated by the ring-leaders (Palin and Beck), it was tough for me to take anyone seriously. And in that regard, the Old Glory jump suits certainly didn't help either.

Believe me, I didn't want to be anywhere near those people. And had I been sent on strict assignment (which wouldn't have happened anyways) I would have really pressed the poor buggers. But spending the entire weekend within a quarter mile radius, there was no way to avoid the event and all its attendees. I certainly didn't travel to Washington to witness what I already knew was out there.

You must have missed it, he is employed with a journalistic business that has him covering stories such as Palin's book signings and Glenn Beck rallies.

I'm sure there is no liberal bias whatsoever.

Wow, I forgot I even went to that signing. That was another right place, right time, and it had nothing to do with the job that, as I already mentioned, started just a few weeks ago.

What is his message? All i got is that he wants the country to pray to his God ... the God of Racism, in this case.

Other than that, what are his specific proposals? What's his detailed plan for America?

You're a brainless lemming. Way to go with the race card dipshit.

I went because my cousin got married. And while I wasn't assigned to the event per se (no real need to dispatch someone from Chicago to gather the kind of material I was after), I was told that since I was right then and there to look for stories where I could find them.

Technically I was on vacation, so doing any kind of "work" was my own prerogative. But like I mentioned, there was no "story" to be had since everyone just wanted to rehash talking points, most of them vague and meaningless. I didn't challenge them, but when I'd dig a little deeper or ask them to talk about how issues had effected them personally, they'd get their backs up like it was some kind of hit campaign. WRT the whole event, what can I say? A lot of like-minded people in one area on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Spirits were high, and with the exception of a few isolated incidences where the masses were being outright taunted by dissenters, it was a lively, jovial atmosphere. Everyone there was very pleased with themselves and the so-called movement they represent, regardless of how well or how poorly they could define it.

Straight out of the journalism 101 textbook I see? You didn't happen to have a preconceived notion of the rally and the crowd before you arrived? And it didn't happen to flavor your "reporting" of the event?

Tell me, did you also ride public transit with people of color and felt proud about it?

Straight out of the journalism 101 textbook I see? You didn't happen to have a preconceived notion of the rally and the crowd before you arrived? And it didn't happen to flavor your "reporting" of the event?

Tell me, did you also ride public transit with people of color and felt proud about it?

Yeah it's just like judging reporting you didn't hear.

Could you link to video where Beck had the attendees praying about racism? I mean, you wouldn't make such a moronically connerific statement unless you actually SAW Beck with his audience praying to do away with all the colored people right?

Right?

Or maybe, just maybe, you're trying to pry the moron tiara off conner's head because you think it would look better on your melon.

Back it up, skippy. Show me the racism. Show it. Or stop with such a stereotypical, pathetic liberal argument that all people are racists until liberals say otherwise.

Could you link to video where Beck had the attendees praying about racism? I mean, you wouldn't make such a moronically connerific statement unless you actually SAW Beck with his audience praying to do away with all the colored people right?

Right?

Or maybe, just maybe, you're trying to pry the moron tiara off conner's head because you think it would look better on your melon.

Back it up, skippy. Show me the racism. Show it. Or stop with such a stereotypical, pathetic liberal argument that all people are racists until liberals say otherwise.

So where's your outrage at Beck for labelling your President a racist?

Beck Calls Obama a Racist

Back to Beck and Palin's "plan for taking back America":

what are the specific details on:

- healthcare

- economy

- foreign policy

- environment

- satisfying energy demand

- education

- healthcare

- economy

- foreign policy

- environment

- education

First, I fail to see how the link you provided proves that this weekend Beck had his entire audience pray to the God of Racism. Please clarify.

Next, I believe last Sunday on ABC News, Beck apologized for his "racist" comments and said they were out of line and admitted "I have a big, fat mouth." I'm surprised you didn't get the email from HuffPost about that story. But since you're only able to see what you NEED to see, then I'll ask one more time: where, at the rally, was Beck asking people to pray with him for "racist" things to happen to the colored people? You said, specifically, he was making them pray to his god of Racism. Can you please stay on topic to your own claims and detail where this happened?

Next, I'm curious...where did Beck and Palin say they were, at the rally, going to lay out a "plan for taking back America" that would specifically address the list of items you, apparently, believe they should have addressed. Can you please provide a link to where this was the stated goal of the rally?

What's that? No, you can't? Your statements are off topic and irrelevant to the claims you made? Really?

Gee, who didn't see THAT coming from you?

Conner, polish the tiara. There's a new melon begging to wear it.

The day after the rally, on FOX News Sunday (the only interview he would give), Beck went back to his old partisan politics and said that Obama practices a perverted type of Christianity that's based on Marxism (hint, hint, Obama's a commie). So much for coming together in Jesus' name.

And did you see who was sitting behind Beck on the stage as one of his special guests? The Rev John Hagee, the same man who believes that Katrina was God's vengeance on New Orleans for allowing a Gay Pride parade earlier in the year, and who called the Catholic Church "the great whore of Revelation 17". Another fine example of tolerance.

- healthcare

- economy

- foreign policy

- environment

- education

Beck is looking for a new Chalkboard and Palin needs.. well a brain. :-)

Still waiting on detailed specifics of the Beck/Palin platform. Surely there must be something more than calling our President a "racist", poking fun at Muslims and hitting up the Tea Party faithful for mega bucks for leading them in prayer.

Still waiting for you to show us Beck leading rally attendees in prayer for more racism, as you stated.

Still waiting for you to show us where the stated goal of the rally was for Beck and Palin to address the issues you listed earlier.

Still waiting for you to do anything other than say something stupid and refuse to support it before moving on to saying something else stupid.

Yep. Still waiting.

Hey, while we're waiting, let's play "These unemployment numbers could have been worse and show that we're headed in the right direction...really...we're not kidding this time..."

Yep. Still waiting. Know why? Because your president is a disaster, you have no answers for his failures, and instead of admitting this, the only thing to do is to point at the other side and yell "May I mommy dog face to the banana patch!"