Roscoe Parrish--Emergency QB (circa 2009)

I was just looking through Tim Graham's blog and stumbled across this gem from the Jauron era:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/5143/parrish-dresses-but-probably-wont-play-for-bills

Yes, I know it's a dead horse that might have taken one too many floggings. But gosh, how incompetent can one coach be? Jauron had many shortcomings but if Roscoe Parrish turns out to be a major playmaker in Gailey's offense, then I think it's safe to say that mishandling 'Scoe was his greatest folly.

Mike Lombardi said a couple years ago on the BS Report that he was one of the most underused players in the league. Interesting that Rosenhouse was behind the trade rumors. I was never in favor of trading him for a 4th or 5th round pick. Just because he didn't live up to his early 2nd round pick doesn't mean he is totally worthless. Before last year's dreadful performance which was an outlier fluke imo, his elite punt returning ability alone was worth more than a late round pick. I mean he is the mvp of the opener vs. Denver if our defense could've made a stop on 3rd&40. Of course being an actual playmaker on offense remains to be seen.

In fact we signed him to an extention.

PTR

Not only that, some justified the insane resigning by saying that DJ would be a hot commodity after his third season and there would be a "bidding war" to retain his services as HC.

So I think it's rasonable to reserve judgement on the latest/greatest HC until he produces a different result.

Despite back to back crappy 7-9 seasons, I don't recall many here posting about how bad DJ was after he started his third season 5-1.

Just sayin....

Actually, that's not true. There were plenty of people that posted during that 5-1 start that they were winning despite DJ, not because of him.

Despite back to back crappy 7-9 seasons, I don't recall many here posting about how bad DJ was after he started his third season 5-1.

Just sayin....

And how did that season end up?

Just sayin.......just saying you don't judge a coach by one six game stretch against a soft schedule.