Have ever you hated a player in the NFL?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely hated Bryan Cox, but at a certain point it was like hating a slow little kid or something the way Thurman dragged him for the first down in the "Bird" game to win our last division title in '95. I could never truly hate Marino for that reason, due to the fact that he more or less always lost to Kelly when it counted.

I recall Cox pouting like a b***h a year or two later when he went to Chicago after the Bears gave up a questionable TD: he just stood in the end zone with his helmet on his hip during the extra point in protest. But at the end of his career with the Jets and Patsies he seemed to turn into a different player altogether, mature and exhibiting an almost mentor type presence. After his playing career when he briefly worked for ESPN on NFL Live he actually turned into a bit of a Bills booster, in the mid '00s for awhile, which created somewhat of a temporary soft spot for me. But still, praise Saban that Carwell tried to f**k him up post game in '95.

I still hate Louis Oliver, come to think of it.

Edited by Punch

I definitely hated Bryan Cox, but at a certain point it was like hating a slow little kid or something the way Thurman dragged him for the first down in the "Bird" game to win our last division title in '95. I could never truly hate Marino for that reason, due to the fact that he more or less always lost to Kelly when it counted.

I recall Cox pouting like a b***h a year or two later when he went to Chicago after the Bears gave up a questionable TD: he just stood in the end zone with his helmet on his hip during the extra point in protest. But at the end of his career with the Jets and Patsies he seemed to turn into a different player altogether, mature and exhibiting an almost mentor type presence. After his playing career when he briefly worked for ESPN on NFL Live he actually turned into a bit of a Bills booster, in the mid '00s for awhile, which created somewhat of a temporary soft spot for me. But still, praise Saban that Carwell tried to f**k him up post game in '95.

I still hate Louis Oliver, come to think of it.

Ugh, Louis Oliver, I forgot about him. Ya he was a pain too. During Cox's playing days with the fish he was an ass. Thanks for reminding us that after his playing days were over he turned out to be a more mature guy. But I still can't forget him flipping off our fans at home.

I used to hate Bryan Cox until I waited on him a few years back in Naples, Florida. He was incredibly nice and well-mannered and even signed a joke autograph for my aunt. You see, my family moved to Florida when I was a young kid and it really upset me. To cheer me up, my Aunt went to Bills practices and would send me autographs and newspaper clippings about the Bills(I was about five years old when we moved and she continued to regularly send me stuff until I hit the teenage phase). Anyway, I was talking to him about it and how strange waiting on him was after rooting against him for so many years, and he gave me an autograph to give my aunt. It read: "To Aunt _____, Sorry about the finger -Bryan Cox." When I think about the man now, that is all I remember. P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread. I just thought I'd share that since his name is coming up so much.

He wrote"sorry about the finger" to someones Aunt? God that reinforces what a scum ball he is.Perhaps "I regret my rude behavior" would have been a little more appropriate in this case.

Wilfork. I'd like bad thing to happen to him.

Wilfork was a Buffalo Bills fan. He is still a douche, just wanted to share

Yeah...enough of a fan that he cheap shots our players every chance he gets now...I remember hearing he was a fan...apparently he's bitter about not being selected by us

Myself personally,I don't hate any NFL players current or past, but I do hate some of the things they've done. At the top of my list is O.J. Simpson, Simpson was a childhood hero of mine, my hero, can you imagine that,

Michael Vick also comes to mind of players that have done things I hate,

As a player, Vick isn't worth thinking about....as a human being, he doesn't fit...he's total scum

Bryan Cox. Even after all these years I swear I would jump the curb to run him over.

COX is the worst, taunted the fans.. Who can ever forget him giving us the finger? Other than that, if a player played great against the Bills, I find it hard to hate him.. Really it's more the Bill's inability to stop that particular player... If he were neutralized, he wouldn't be able to gloat!!

Bryan Cox. Even after all these years I swear I would jump the curb to run him over.

I immediately thought Cox before I clicked on the link. :D

Edit: Now, after reading the thread, and seeing how many other Cox haters...:P...there are...

...is it any wonder why most of us still hate Miami more than the Patriots? The Patriots and Jets will always be 2nd fiddle in this division, ill-gotten SB rings or not.

No amount of phony, ginned up marketing is going to change the fact that the most classic games, and the best games, that have been played in this division are still Buffalo Vs. Miami.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Cox is hard to forget about so he is way up there on the hate list. Bruschi tops this list for me though.

That comeback game against the Bills was such a joke. His stats at the end of that game were nothing special but somehow he was still touted in all of the national media like he was some kind of super hero that single handily destroyed Buffalo.

I can't stomach him on ESPN either. As soon as he begins speaking I have to immediately change the channel.

I immediately thought Cox before I clicked on the link. :D

Edit: Now, after reading the thread, and seeing how many other Cox haters...:P...there are...

...is it any wonder why most of us still hate Miami more than the Patriots? The Patriots and Jets will always be 2nd fiddle in this division, ill-gotten SB rings or not.

No amount of phony, ginned up marketing is going to change the fact that the most classic games, and the best games, that have been played in this division are still Buffalo Vs. Miami.

Having come up in the age of *Patriot "greatness", I feel only the slightest twinge of enmity against Miami. I want the Bills to beat them of course, but it doesn't have the feel of the great rivalry that it holds for my older Bills compatriots :flirt:

New England, though...that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. I hate the smugness of their fans. I hate the cockiness of their team. I hate their filthy, disgusting, cheating ways. I was in the Rockpile two years ago during that infamous "wind game" when the gusts were so bad, the field goal posts shook. We were long eliminated from playoff contention at that point, but I didn't care, just as long as we knocked the tar out of the Pats. We lost that game (f*%k you Duke Preston for getting provoked into a fight at the end of the 1st half), but even if it was inconsequential in the standings, it still meant something because it was the damned Patriots. The only other teams that I hold such passionate hatred for are USC and Michigan; you can understand why Tom Brady gets a double whammy in my book.

This season I despise the Jets for many of the same reasons, including that pretty boy USC chump at QB. They haven't yet exhibited the dominance that the Patriots have consistently shown over the years (and I personally don't think that they ever will), but God help us if they do.

Cox is hard to forget about so he is way up there on the hate list. Bruschi tops this list for me though.

That comeback game against the Bills was such a joke. His stats at the end of that game were nothing special but somehow he was still touted in all of the national media like he was some kind of super hero that single handily destroyed Buffalo.

I can't stomach him on ESPN either. As soon as he begins speaking I have to immediately change the channel.

At least Cox was entertaining and could play, and gave a reason to come to the stadium and root against him.

Bruschi is such a dork ... no fun to watch as a player, full of himself for no reason and a complete maroon on TV. My fondest memory is of him getting buried on winning TD run that sent Colts to Super Bowl.

I turn the channel when he's on.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Haywood Jeffires

Now that's an inspired pick. One of the images burned into my brain from the Comeback is of Jeffires rotating his hips slowly with his back to the camera after scoring a touchdown to go up 28-3. Of course we all know what happened after that.

But in truth, like just about everyone else here, I thought "Bryan Cox" before I even opened the thread. Tim McKyer was another one.

And Marino too. I would say Brady as well but it's not a really SATISFYING hate unless you can beat the guy at will, like we could with Marino, McKyer and Cox.

I hate to say it but in one game when Marino was playing i was yelling at the tv "Come on Marino, break an ankle! Tear your achilles!" Then lo and behold on that exact play i yelled it, he tore his achilles. Out for the season. I was dumbfounded.

That was you?!

:worthy::worthy:

also, Frank Middleton and Warren Sapp.

Most of the NFLers from "Da U"

I was going to say Frank Middleton, his cut block on Sam Cowart was one of the dirtiest plays in football. For those that don't remember Cowart was having a great game (I believe he had 3 sacks in the 1st half of the game) and was the best LB in the game when Middleton took him out.

Sapp was a complete D bag outside of football.