Vic Carucci reporting

jayg

that there is a big buzz amongst the national media that the Bills as an organization believe in Drew. States everyone thinks he will be the starter next year. Just reporting what I heard on the post game show.

146927[/snapback]

If Drew is the starter next year, JP will be used as our Slash.

The White Slash Baby!

Two things...

1) I dont comment on that certain player anymore

2) JP will be nothing as long as he sits the bench. Just remember I called it when it comes time. You guys will call him a bust and be in his ass the entire season it takes him to develop ON THE FIELD. And I will be here to remind you over, and over and over how it would have been better to have done it now.

146992[/snapback]

The more JP sits -- for now -- the better he will be when his time comes. Let's enjoy the rest of this season, because things are LOOKING UP!!!

Two things...

2) JP will be nothing as long as he sits the bench. Just remember I called it when it comes time. You guys will call him a bust and be in his ass the entire season it takes him to develop ON THE FIELD. And I will be here to remind you over, and over and over how it would have been better to have done it now.

146992[/snapback]

You just did, you loon... ;)

I was all for pulling of Bledsoe back when he was stinking up the joint and hurting the team.....

But I admit....gladly....that he is playing much better and it is a combonation of people also playing better around him.....

I still dont consider him a playmaker...but more of a facilitator because other things have to go well in order for him to succeed.....he cannot make plays on his own.

But...as long as the bills are still in it then Drew is the man.....and rightfully so I think.....

As for next year...it should be an open competition.......

I was all for pulling of Bledsoe back when he was stinking up the joint and hurting the team.....

But I admit....gladly....that he is playing much better and it is a combonation of people also playing better around him.....

I still dont consider him a playmaker...but more of a facilitator because other things have to go well in order for him to succeed.....he cannot make plays on his own.

But...as long as the bills are still in it then Drew is the man.....and rightfully so I think.....

As for next year...it should be an open competition.......

147831[/snapback]

What John said...

ICE, how did sitting and watching not help Pennington, McNair etc etc Even R-berger is a complete rookie and doing well. But he has a lot of help from the *rest* of the team. As long as his supporting cast holds up, JP will be fine when his time comes. As DB is proving it to be, as long as everyone does their part, this team will still be in it.

The biggest factor in JP's development is not going to be whether he plays now or later. Is how Sam Wyche's health holds up and how focussed JP is.

Charles

Two things...

146992[/snapback]

Ice, I have agreed with you all season. . . until now. We are on a bit of a roll. We CANNOT just throw a rookie QB in right now to get him some experience. We are not yet eliminated, and are one of the hotter teams in the land right now.

Forget about JP until we are eliminated. If DB stinks it up down the stretch and we miss the playoffs, then I'll agree that JP should start NEXT year. . . this year is still alive.

I think Drew has a legitmate four game tryout to be the bills starter next year. He has everything going for him now. He has an O line playing pretty well, he has a coaching staff willing to do what he needs to do, he has a running game and he has at least two good receviers. If he wins out, he deserves the job, because that means he has won 6 games in a row, four or five in a row on the road, and ALL of the criticisms of him will be relinquished, except for winning playoff games, which he has already done. If he DOESNT win out, then there will be an open posiiton. If he outplays Losman clearly, then perhaps he should start. If he DOESNT outplay Losman, then Losman should start. But if Drew plays as Drew has played the last three games, then Drew is, rightfully, our QB. If he plays poorly in the next few games, he is done, like we al thought he is done.

All of you Drew bashers can rest assured if you are right, because he will tank. If he wins 5 staright on the road, most if not all of your criticisms will be rendered null and void. Frankly, I doubt it will happen, and look forward to Losman being our starter. if, by chance, we do win out, or come close and Drew plays as he has the last three games, it will certainly appear as if the offense is as the coaches, and not the fans, have always said it should and would be.

147010[/snapback]

Excellent post, Kelly. Bottomline: If the Bills run the table and finish 10-6 then DB SHOULD be the starter in '05, regardless of whether or not they make the playoffs. If the Bills drop a game then the JP era begins.

that there is a big buzz amongst the national media that the Bills as an organization believe in Drew. States everyone thinks he will be the starter next year. Just reporting what I heard on the post game show.

146927[/snapback]

Tell that to ICE. When Drew has time to throw the ball, he's as good as anyone.

Excellent post, Kelly. Bottomline: If the Bills run the table and finish 10-6 then DB SHOULD be the starter in '05, regardless of whether or not they make the playoffs. If the Bills drop a game then the JP era begins.

147897[/snapback]

Disagree. If team runs table and Drew plays like he has than yes he is the incumbant but force JP to challenge him and prove why he should be #1 versus drew. Would be nice to see a little camp competition plus maybe JP getting healthy has given Drew more reason to prove he still has it. JPs time will come but no need to force it based on the resurgance in the offense.

I think that no matter what happens this year, the decision who to start is made in camp and the offseason based on performance, rapport with the team, knowledge of the playbook and ability to execute the playbook...

NEITHER man has automatic right to the starting job next year - regardless of what happens this year - and that goes for EVERY player...

4 touchdowns is not average (unless you're Peyton Manning).

146985[/snapback]

Against this year's Dolphins, it's quite average.

Drew played a good game, no doubt. Anything else should have earned him a benching against these losers.

I would say he really deserves the starting job if he could play a competitive game against the Pats with less than 7 months of prep-time.

Against this year's Dolphins, it's quite average.

Drew played a good game, no doubt.  Anything else should have earned him a benching against these losers.

I would say he really deserves the starting job if he could play a competitive game against the Pats with less than 7 months of prep-time.

148202[/snapback]

No it is not. Up until this weekend, the Miami Defense had 11 passing TD's thrown against them. That's an average of 1/game. They were the #1 passing defense.

Just remember I called it when it comes time. You guys will call him a bust and be in his ass the entire season it takes him to develop ON THE FIELD. And I will be here to remind you over, and over and over how it would have been better to have done it now.

146992[/snapback]

It amazes me that the only thing that seemingly matters to you is whether you are right. You just hate being wrong, and have no ability to admit when you're wrong. In fact, to keep from admitting you were wrong, you just add other things to keep an eye on for the day you may be right.

Bottom line: you gave up on this year's team and never in your wildest dreams thought we'd be 6-6 right now. Do I believe we can get to the playoffs? Not really. And even if we do, we'll likely be backing in, which is something I don't care for...but damn, man, we're doing a whole helluva lot better than you thought we would. Most of us kept the faith. The rest of you quit before it was time to quit.

But you're not wrong. You're "correct-in-waiting." ;)

Don't bother the man with pesky facts!

148368[/snapback]

Yeah, I know, it's a 2-9 team, so they have to suck at every phase of the game, and the only teams that suck more are the teams that they beat (after all, they lost to a 2-9 team).

What's weird is that the game went completely against expectations. Based on team stats, here's how the matchups looked:

Bills O vs. Miami Passing D: Advantage Dolphins (Bills won the battle)

Bills O vs. Miami Running D: Advantage Bills (Miami "won" the battle)

Bills D vs. Miami Passing O: Advantage Bills (Mixed - torched for 1Q, then 5 INTs)

Bills D vs. Miami Running O: Advantage Bills (Mixed - almost allowed Travis Minor 100, after only allowing 1 100 yard rusher all season).

Special Teams, Bills Kicking: Advantage Bills (Mixed - Miami had some good returns)

Special Teams, Bills receiving: Advantage Bills (Bills won thanks to the TD, but outside of that...).