Vic Carucci reporting

jayg

that there is a big buzz amongst the national media that the Bills as an organization believe in Drew. States everyone thinks he will be the starter next year. Just reporting what I heard on the post game show.

And if he is then average is all we will ever be.

146950[/snapback]

I have to agree, while he played one hell of a game 2-day I think when he comes up against a defense of the Pats, Ravens, Steelers etc he is limited as to what he can do but who cares we won again!!

Actually I say make it an open competition next year.  Upgrade the O-line, fill a few holes on defense, and let 'em have at it.  May the best man win.

146946[/snapback]

Unusually quiet Ice? what's the matter? LOL.. JP gets the time he needs to develop..ty football gods

Unusually quiet Ice?  what's the matter?  LOL.. JP gets the time he needs to develop..ty football gods

146975[/snapback]

Two things...

1) I dont comment on that certain player anymore

2) JP will be nothing as long as he sits the bench. Just remember I called it when it comes time. You guys will call him a bust and be in his ass the entire season it takes him to develop ON THE FIELD. And I will be here to remind you over, and over and over how it would have been better to have done it now.

Drew at his best will still take some sacks but will avoid the interceptions. That's really all you can ask from him - just don't turn the damn ball over. Today he protected the ball very well - one of his best games as a Bill for that reason. If he can continue to minimize the turnovers (esp. on the road) then I can live with him as a starter.

Wouldn't lay down $1000 on the Bills on the road in January with DB at the helm though, sorry.

I think Drew has a legitmate four game tryout to be the bills starter next year. He has everything going for him now. He has an O line playing pretty well, he has a coaching staff willing to do what he needs to do, he has a running game and he has at least two good receviers. If he wins out, he deserves the job, because that means he has won 6 games in a row, four or five in a row on the road, and ALL of the criticisms of him will be relinquished, except for winning playoff games, which he has already done. If he DOESNT win out, then there will be an open posiiton. If he outplays Losman clearly, then perhaps he should start. If he DOESNT outplay Losman, then Losman should start. But if Drew plays as Drew has played the last three games, then Drew is, rightfully, our QB. If he plays poorly in the next few games, he is done, like we al thought he is done.

All of you Drew bashers can rest assured if you are right, because he will tank. If he wins 5 staright on the road, most if not all of your criticisms will be rendered null and void. Frankly, I doubt it will happen, and look forward to Losman being our starter. if, by chance, we do win out, or come close and Drew plays as he has the last three games, it will certainly appear as if the offense is as the coaches, and not the fans, have always said it should and would be.

I think Drew has a legitmate four game tryout to be the bills starter next year. He has everything going for him now. He has an O line playing pretty well, he has a coaching staff willing to do what he needs to do, he has a running game and he has at least two good receviers. If he wins out, he deserves the job, because that means he has won 6 games in a row, four or five in a row on the road, and ALL of the criticisms of him will be relinquished, except for winning playoff games, which he has already done. If he DOESNT win out, then there will be an open posiiton. If he outplays Losman clearly, then perhaps he should start. If he DOESNT outplay Losman, then Losman should start. But if Drew plays as Drew has played the last three games, then Drew is, rightfully, our QB. If he plays poorly in the next few games, he is done, like we al thought he is done.

All of you Drew bashers can rest assured if you are right, because he will tank. If he wins 5 staright on the road, most if not all of your criticisms will be rendered null and void. Frankly, I doubt it will happen, and look forward to Losman being our starter. if, by chance, we do win out, or come close and Drew plays as he has the last three games, it will certainly appear as if the offense is as the coaches, and not the fans, have always said it should and would be.

Two things...

1) I dont comment on that certain player anymore

2) JP will be nothing as long as he sits the bench. Just remember I called it when it comes time. You guys will call him a bust and be in his ass the entire season it takes him to develop ON THE FIELD. And I will be here to remind you over, and over and over how it would have been better to have done it now.

146992[/snapback]

Sitting the bench for two years really hurt Pennington's development. I for one will never be "in JP's ass", but whatever floats your boat! :w00t:

Wouldn't Bledsoe playing well motivate Losman?

When Bledsoe was sucking consistantly, Losman knew he was going to get a chance to play quite a bit. If Bledsoe can step it up and the team can win, Losman will have to work extra hard and really be able to prove he's the guy when he does get his chance (whenever that is). And if he can't do that, he's not the guy we were all hoping he was.

146992[/snapback]

I flatout disagree that you will be justified in saying you called it if JP is a bust. You will be justified in calling yourself correct if JP is a great player whose development is delayed by him not taking the field. However, if he is a bust you also would likely be wrong in having called for him to play when he turns out not to be muxh of a player.

If you want to be specific about the criteria for you to have bragging rights. JP being a bust only gives them if you hold that he has to be developed om some tight timeline where playing him now or this season is just right and holding him on the bench means we wait until it is too late.

I doubt you would be taking that position because that would be too dumb a position even for someone who takes multiple positions or is wrong about key positions to take.

JP is more fragile than RJ! 

Sorry but it's proven to be true so far.  He never took that hit 100%!  Wow.  :w00t:

He doesn't have the mentality for the starting job either.

147047[/snapback]

Whoa, settle down here.

It's WAY too early to make any statments (good or bad) about JP. Until he plays more than 10 snaps he is an unknown commodity.