Best Sports Bars in the Buffalo area?

sir andrew

Been a Bills fan my whole life and just moved out here from the Albany area for school. Just wondering what are some good places to watch the away games. Thanks!

I assume you are under 21. If so BWW is probably the best option as far as HD games and big screens. Tullys would be a close second owing to the better food.

The Aud Sports Bar on Transit...last year, it was the host for the 103.3 The Edge away game parties and considering how well they did with it, I suspect they'll hold them again...lots of TVs all around to watch all the games..though obviously the Bills game gets the most and best TVs as well as the sound.

If they do host the away game parties again, there's giveaways all season long as well as a TV at the end of the season that you'd be drawing for. Anytime the Bills score, a pair of Buffalo Jills will be going around the bar giving out entry blanks for the year end drawings

The Aud Sports Bar on Transit...last year, it was the host for the 103.3 The Edge away game parties and considering how well they did with it, I suspect they'll hold them again...lots of TVs all around to watch all the games..though obviously the Bills game gets the most and best TVs as well as the sound.

If they do host the away game parties again, there's giveaways all season long as well as a TV at the end of the season that you'd be drawing for. Anytime the Bills score, a pair of Buffalo Jills will be going around the bar giving out entry blanks for the year end drawings

this is the best spot in the Depew/Lancaster/Cheektowaga area, but if you are in the city, I am sure you can find something suitable closer to your home.

I guess it depends on where you live...

North Buffalo-

Hertel Ave has MT Pockets, The Wellington Pub, and Gecko's. For Sabres games I would recommend Gecko's b/c they havea siren that goes off when they score and everything. BWW does have a lot of TVs but it isn't a true Buffalo Sports Bar per se. If you're looking for a true dive, try Del Denby's. You shan't be disappointed.

Elmwood Area-

Coles would probably be the ticket there. Usually packed with people anyhow but the TVs aren't that big and the food isn't great. Prob would want to venture toward downtown at that point. My buddy owns Papa Jakes and the food there is solid. They have solid beers, amazing steak sandwich, and the fries are the best in the city.

Downtown-

Probably go to Fat Bob's or Colter Bay. I wouldn't go down to Chippewa...at all.

Southern Suburbs-

24K Gold...:oops: ...Danny's South has amazing food and it is right near the stadium in OP.

Northern Suburbs-

Try Amherst Ale House if you're near the North Campus of UB OR Mooney's on Military if you're in Tonawanda. Mooney's is the old St. James Place and they have a food challenge...I wouldn't recommend that on a game day.

Those are just a few suggestions for you but the great thing about the B-Lo area is that you can;t go more than 3 feet before you almost trip over a bar. You may have a cozy little dive in your area that you comfortable in. Every bar will have the game on so don;t worry about that. It's just your personal preference. Hope this helps and welcome to the area!!!:thumbsup:

Cheers! :beer:

Edited by tbonestake

Been a Bills fan my whole life and just moved out here from the Albany area for school. Just wondering what are some good places to watch the away games. Thanks!

If you're in town.. Go to the Game!!! Beats and BS bar... Then head to someplace like The Big Tree, where you can savor the victory!!!