Would any of our QBs actually start for another team???

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would any of our current QB's start for another team???

• Heck yeah, these guys have tons of upside
    • No way, our QBs are journeymen backups at best

We'd probably have trouble offloading any of our QBs to another team RIGHT NOW. But who knows what things will look like, say, halfway through the season.

Also, don't forget that there's a few teams that have young "franchise" quarterbacks that could be headed up or down. I'm not totally convinced that Mark Sanchez and Chad Henne and Alex Smith and Kevin Kolb are better QBs than Trent Edwards. They may be...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just callin' 'em like I see 'em guy. Does your response inicate that you are okay with our current QB corp? LOL.

It means the poll sucks just as much as our QBs. IF you wanted real results, have real, unbiased options in the poll. Otherwise it is just a tongue in cheek game to state the obvious.

But yes, there are teams our QBs would start on, especially Edwards. It is obvious we are at the bottom when it comes to the QB postion, but we aren't last. We are in better shape than Arizona and Clevland easy. And like others have said, you could easilly argue tampa, jax, raiders, carolina, and others. Kolb even doesn't look like he is doing very well, at all. One that hasn't been mentioned (I don't think) is Sanchez.... the guy is having a WAY worse preseason than our QBs.... The only reason he hasn't been cut is because he is a first rounder from last year. Sanchez has more upside, just because he is still new.... but right now, edwards is very easy better than him.

So yeah, our QBs suck. but we aren't the only team in the nfl with QB problems. so you can "LOL" all you want at all your little jokes. You clearly don't know what is going on in the rest of the nfl.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

This has been talked about quite a bit already - but to repeat my opinion: If I'm our G.M. taking over this past year and I'm looking at this team for the next 3-5 years, I might pass on the QB's in this past draft if I think the one I really like will be available to get the following year. I mean, it'd be tough to justify picking a QB in the first round, or even second, if you don't believe he's the real deal, only to use your following year's first rounder on another one - like Nix said, you go backwards if you waste a pick on a position that needs filled the next year again.

That's the only way I like the moves we made this offseason - and in that light it does make good sense.

And, I like the positions we did solidify with our top three picks - RB of the decade to come for us, DE and DT to sure up our D-line for the next 5-7 years.

As for our QB's this year... well, I'm confused a little. Really, I'm worried that Edwards will do just good enough this year to make us hesitate on picking a legitimate star QB in the first next year. I don't want to hang our future hopes on this guy - even if he does good this year. But, I think if he were in a few other systems around the league he'd be an o.k. QB.

Brohm, though - I wish we could see more of him to know what he's capable of. I'm thinking we could find in our crop of QB's a back-up QB for the next few years. Does Brohm want to take on that role? Edwards? What if Brohm's light goes on here in Buffalo and he were to light it up? Would we avoid going after a QB next year? That's the skicky part of our current QB situation that I just don't know how to respond to, because there are supposed to be three or four QB's coming out next year that could be upper end, franchise types.

I'm not sure what some of you guys see in Brohm. He seems like a life long back up to me. I find it very unfortunate that we ignored the QB situation this offseason. Big mistake that we will pay dearly for.

Yeah, picking up a 2nd round draft choice off of waivers and allowing him to compete for a spot on our roster is something "we will pay dearly for." Brilliant take (sarcasm, because you wouldn't know it if I didn't mention it). You're a worse poster than Brian Brohm is a quarterback. What an idiot take.

Yeah, I hear ya....sort of like being forced to eat liver or spinach when we were kids. LOL. Our QBs are awful. Lets hope that one year soon we will once again sign a real QB. Sheesh.

And our QBs have looked sensational this preseason???! LOL. The fact that my poll is a landslide thus far for those who think none of our trio would start for any other team says it all.

Thanks for the detailed analysis. I suppose if the stars did align perfectly and pigs did fly, one of our QB's could start somewhere. LOL. Make it a great evening!

Amazing 10 out of 13 voters thus far believe our trio of QBs could not start on any other NFL team. Pathetic.

Just callin' 'em like I see 'em guy. Does your response inicate that you are okay with our current QB corp? LOL.

It's getting pretty obvious what's going on here. There's only two possibilities.

1) You are a troll. The kind who hides the fact. We don't mind trolls who know football and are honest about not being Bills fans. But the most despicable trolls are the ones who pretend that they are Bills fans.

2) You are a loser fan who would rather the Bills suck because you love misery.

Based on your obvious unbridled joy in this post, I'm guessing that you're a troll.

Welcome to my ignore list.

As for our QB's this year... well, I'm confused a little. Really, I'm worried that Edwards will do just good enough this year to make us hesitate on picking a legitimate star QB in the first next year. I don't want to hang our future hopes on this guy - even if he does good this year. But, I think if he were in a few other systems around the league he'd be an o.k. QB.

That is what I am afraid of. He will be just enough so that they won't address the QB position next year. Which will just be sad. Even taking a QB prospect in the 2nd or 3rd round would give some hope.

try this poll:

A. Yes, all our QBs are all pros

B. Uhhh.. no they're not?

OMG.. everyone picked B.. they suck !

that would be just as bad as:

A. Yes, at least ONE might start for SOME other team.

B. No, none of the 4 could ever start for ANY team, ever.

OMG.. everyone picked A.. they're magnificent !

toss them both in the trash, on top of the equally invalid version used here.

~AS

Lets get some more votes logged in please. Thanks guys.

I haven't voted here because none of the options reflect what I believe. I see very little upside with our present QBs. (Brohm being a possible, but somewhat doubtful, exception.) On the other hand, there are probably a few teams with QB situations that are bad enough that one of our guys could start. Your poll makes me choose between "they couldn't start anywhere" and "they have a ton of upside"--neither of which I agree with.

I haven't voted here because none of the options reflect what I believe. I see very little upside with our present QBs. (Brohm being a possible, but somewhat doubtful, exception.) On the other hand, there are probably a few teams with QB situations that are bad enough that one of our guys could start. Your poll makes me choose between "they couldn't start anywhere" and "they have a ton of upside"--neither of which I agree with.

Fair enough my man. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sure they might start a few games. kinda like they probably will here in Buffalo. All the bottom feeding teams that have QB problems are gonna have a couple different starters. Some teams fans would likely greet TE like some of the fools here have greeted Brohm. Grasping for straws, hoping that he was just in a bad situation.

Starters By Default.

The better question would be "Could any of the Bills QB's win 10 games with any other team?". I don't think so.

Edited by ThrowIt

I think there are a handful of teams. A more interesting dynamic to the question is "how many teams would win more games this year with one of our qbs starting?"

Although guys like Bradford, Sanchez, etc are obvious starters on there teams, I think Trent would go farther then Sanchez, but with the draft spot, new stadium etc the jets clearly go with who they have. ie Trent wouldn't start for the jets, but I think the team would be better with him.

They'd have a chance in ....

San Fran

AZ

Oakland (after Campbell fizzles)

Some other places like Miami, Denver, KC and Cleveland the starter seems no better but they wouldnt have a chance because the team is committed to him.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I was wrong. Maybe Trent does have what it takes to be a starter for an NFL team. Under Chan's tutelage perhaps he can be molded into something. Let's see what Chan can do with him. Is Trent getting resurrected? We shall see. I sure hope so.

Edited by Pilsner

I was wrong. Maybe Trent does have what it takes to be a starter for an NFL team. Under Chan's tutelage perhaps he can be molded into something. Let's see what Chan can do with him. Is Trent getting resurrected? We shall see. I sure hope so.

I also hope Trent will pan out, but we've seen flashes of adequacey out of him before, only to be dissapointed.

I do agree and will go one further. I think it is Trents Job to loose. I also think that the new coaches have worked enough with him to give him his swager back. I was amased with his play. Looking one way but going another. That alone is something he didnt do before.

Hi guys! I'm new here and am curious if you guys think that our current roster of QBs would actually start for any other teams. Please vote. Thanks guys. Looking forward to many interesting discussions regarding our Bills.

You should watch football. If you did, you would see that teams like Cleveland and Carolina (and maybe AZ and Oak) are in worse shape than we are at QB.

You should watch football. If you did, you would see that teams like Cleveland and Carolina (and maybe AZ and Oak) are in worse shape than we are at QB.

Thanks for the warm welcome guy. LOL. Actually I do watch the game and also played it at the college level. I will compare my football smarts with you anytime since you have chosen to insult me.

Rather naive (wishful thinking) to believe that Cleveland, Carolina, Arizona, and Oakland are in "worse shape" than we are at the QB positon.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Sheesh.

Rather naive (wishful thinking) to believe that Cleveland, Carolina, Arizona, and Oakland are in "worse shape" than we are at the QB positon.

How so? Arizona looks like a mess, and they don't even know who is going to be starting at week 1. At least we have a pretty good idea of who we are starting.

And how about the broncos? They drafted freakin Tebow in hopes he could eventually take orton's place. And then signed Quinn. If you think it is naive to think that Edwards is at least a little bit better than orton, then I don't know what to say to ya. Trent is having a better preseason than a lot of these starting QBs. I wouldn't be surprised that this season edwards looks and plays better than these QBs:

-Orton

-Leinhart

-Kolb

-Sanchez

-Delhome

And if Cutler throws a record of int, I would add cutler to that list as well. Of course, edwards will have to prove himself this season. But right now? I say he is better that those guys. Edwards has never really proven himself, but Those QBs haven't shown that they are any better than edwards. If you think they are better than edwards, that what makes them so special? Becuase quite honestly, our QB situation would either suck, or suck more with any of them on it.