Bell and Simpson

Good job, fellas. No other Bells have played for the Bills. But a few more Simpsons…

1964 15 117 Bill Simpson T 0 0 0 Baylor

1970 12 290 Dave Simpson T 0 0 0 Drake

1964 10 76 Howard Simpson DE 1964 0 0 0 2 3 Auburn

LOL. I actually have a Bill Simpson autograph. He lived near me when I was a kid. I sent him a letter when I was 9 or 10 asking for his autograph and he sent it to me a few days later. He wasn't a great player and didn't play here very long. But he was my favorite Bill for many years.

LOL. I actually have a Bill Simpson autograph. He lived near me when I was a kid. I sent him a letter when I was 9 or 10 asking for his autograph and he sent it to me a few days later. He wasn't a great player and didn't play here very long. But he was my favorite Bill for many years.

Yeah. He was actually a very good player who will be remembered for a not so great play that old-time Bills fans will never forget.

Good job, fellas. No other Bells have played for the Bills. But a few more Simpsons…

1964 15 117 Bill Simpson T 0 0 0 Baylor

1970 12 290 Dave Simpson T 0 0 0 Drake

1964 10 76 Howard Simpson DE 1964 0 0 0 2 3 Auburn

Wasn't there a Greg Bell in the 80's?

Edit: never mind -- I see Greg mentioned in orig post.

Actually, there was a Bill Simpson, former DB for the Rams that Knox picked up that helped us win the Playoff game against the jets in 1981 by intercepting a pass at the goal line.

I think he was #45 and had red hair and a beard.

Great memory! I remember that play.

Great memory! I remember that play.

Chas, how happy were you then?

I mean when he pulled that pass down (in my memory) I still get a chill and still remember what it was like to be a fan of a winning ball club, and that was 30 years ago.

...ahhh, memories. The bad does stink, and it has been going on for awhile, but damn if the good doesn't stay with you forever.

I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but how can you remember that play and barely recall Greg Bell?

Oh, I remember Greg Bell. My question about "Wasn't there a Greg Bell in the 80's" was more of a rhetorical question -- I knew there was a Greg Bell (but I missed his mention in the original post is all).

Chas, how happy were you then?

I mean when he pulled that pass down (in my memory) I still get a chill and still remember what it was like to be a fan of a winning ball club, and that was 30 years ago.

...ahhh, memories. The bad does stink, and it has been going on for awhile, but damn if the good doesn't stay with you forever.

Yes, it was just so unexpected. It didn't take us to the Super Bowl, but back then one playoff victory was a big accomplishment for the franchise after the 70's.

That was a great team--Isaiah Robertson, Smerlas, Haslett, Fergy, Shane Nelson, Jerry Butler, et al were great fun to root for after so many losing years.....

Forgot we had Isaiah! That was a fun team. Maybe that's where we are heading. I just hope we don't end up another Mike McBath, Julian Nunamaker, Al Cowlings - type era.