[please fix subject]O-line

Jluckey

I am so sick of seeing our QB's get pressured so easily. And when we are on D we can't even get a sniff on their QB!!!! It is so painful to watch. Very depressing. Dicky J was on the hot seat last yr and he knew he had to win and with his 1st pick he selected Maybin. He actually thought Maybin was his best choice at that slot to help him win now!!! That just goes to show you that Jauron has no clue!!!! When oh when will it be exciting and fun to watch this team?????

I am so sick of seeing our QB's get pressured so easily. And when we are on D we can't even get a sniff on their QB!!!! It is so painful to watch. Very depressing. Dicky J was on the hot seat last yr and he knew he had to win and with his 1st pick he selected Maybin. He actually thought Maybin was his best choice at that slot to help him win now!!! That just goes to show you that Jauron has no clue!!!! When oh when will it be exciting and fun to watch this team?????

The Bills had no pass rush when Schoebel went down with his Lis franc foot injury and had no guarantee he would ever play again. DE was a major need as was the O-line. The Bills drafted Wood also in the 1st round and traded up in the 2nd to draft Levitre to shore up the O-line. As fate would have it Schoebel did come back and played well. And Maybin sucked.

Guest dog14787
We were missing 3 starters last week....

and we averaged over 8 yards per carry on the ground ( opponent 3.4 )

Washington ran the ball 41 times to our 18 and we still out rushed them,

an actual (big) positive from the first game, hmmm, what do you know...

Two of the three people who replaced them actually started multiple games for us last year. No excuse.

Meredith played RT last year, although he wasn't a major problem the other night, as he kept Orakpo off the stat sheet (except for an assisted tackle), and Chambers, while he started last year (due to injury), was horrible last year and the other night. Howard is an UDFA rookie. So yes, there are excuses.

and we averaged over 8 yards per carry on the ground ( opponent 3.4 )

Washington ran the ball 41 times to our 18 and we still out rushed them,

I was very happy with the run blocking. It was the pass blocking that disturbed me. If it becomes a one dimensional offense other teams will just start stacking the box.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Meredith played RT last year, although he wasn't a major problem the other night, as he kept Orakpo off the stat sheet (except for an assisted tackle), and Chambers, while he started last year (due to injury), was horrible last year and the other night. Howard is an UDFA rookie. So yes, there are excuses.

Meredith started off on the left and was beat consistently from that side. I watched him specifically and he was the cause of a lot of pressure. If Chambers is truly so awful he shouldn't be playing. Howard I have no critique of and wasn't really focusing on.

he couldn't have kept Orakpo off the stat sheet. He's a stud HOF'er don't you know :devil:

Guest dog14787
I was very happy with the run blocking. It was the pass blocking that disturbed me. If it becomes a one dimensional offense other teams will just start stacking the box.

The proper play calling sets up one play to the next and even in within a very basic game plan Chan Gailey still showed why he's the man.

We have a long way to go, but I truly believe Chan Gailey has the Buffalo Bills pointed in the right direction.

The proper play calling sets up one play to the next and even in within a very basic game plan Chan Gailey still showed why he's the man.

We have a long way to go, but I truly believe Chan Gailey has the Buffalo Bills pointed in the right direction.

With injured players coming back this week, I can't wait to see the game.

Meredith started off on the left and was beat consistently from that side. I watched him specifically and he was the cause of a lot of pressure. If Chambers is truly so awful he shouldn't be playing. Howard I have no critique of and wasn't really focusing on.

Chambers shouldn't be playing, but with Bell and Green out, he had to be pressed into duty. Just because he started last year shows how bad the O-line situation was. Howard shows promise, but isn't ready. And there was some pressure from the left side but it was hardly "consistent."

he couldn't have kept Orakpo off the stat sheet. He's a stud HOF'er don't you know :devil:

I know what you're trying to get at, but he's a good pass-rusher. If Meredith was "getting beat consistently," Trent would have been sacked at least once, or even hurried.

I know what you're trying to get at, but he's a good pass-rusher. If Meredith was "getting beat consistently," Trent would have been sacked at least once, or even hurried.

True enough. Just being cute. However, I don't believe we were sacked in the game. rushed yes, but at least the QB didn't become a basketball.

Chambers shouldn't be playing, but with Bell and Green out, he had to be pressed into duty. Just because he started last year shows how bad the O-line situation was. Howard shows promise, but isn't ready. And there was some pressure from the left side but it was hardly "consistent."

How do you get sacked or hurried when you throw the ball 5 yards downfield? I don't know what you were watching but from my point of view the line couldn't give him enough time to even look downfield. We can debate about the oline, QB, pass rush all we want but the truth is it all needs major improvements in personnel.

Alright, maybe consistent wasn't the right word but it was more often than it should. I won't excuse the poor play but I do accept your reasoning.

Two of the three people who replaced them actually started multiple games for us last year. No excuse.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how this makes sense. You think that having two guys who played on last year's horrible O-line should have done a respectable job filling in last weekend? I'm not trying to be a jerk; I just don't understand the logic.

Having 3 O-line starters out is an excuse for any team's offense to under-perform. Any team.

Have to say it Doc. You are the king of making excuses for this franchise/team. It's still a team with 10 season minus a playoff appearance and it appears that this streak will continue. Even when healthy the team has zero depth at all 3 OL positions. Their principal backups at G are Kyle Calloway and Kirk Chambers. The swing OT is Meredith, providing Bell is the starter and vice versa if he doesn't. I would wager those three players would be on the fringe of even making most other teams.

Taking flyers on late round picks, UDFA's and other teams PS rejects is not how to build an OL. And at the money position of OT, it rarely works.

Not sure if you and I were watching the same game. I watched and rewatched the first 2-3 offensive series for the Bills focusing on LT and RG. I thought Meredith did just fine and was actually dominant on a couple of plays. In fact it was one of the few things that encouraged me about the game.