C'mon Brohm!

Trent looked better then Fitz in my opinion (which isn't saying much) plus TE was playing against the Redskins starters and Fitz was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

TE was also playing WITH starters.

My opinion is that Fitz looked better. He started a little shaky. He had several 3 and outs. But watch the drive that starts around 4:20 in the 3rd quarter. 85 yards capped off by a really nice play to get a TD completion to David Nelson. At the start of that drive he completes several passes for 8, 11, 13 yards, something like that. 3 or 5 first downs. Then Simpson or maybe it was Bell run for 45. Then Fitz throws the TD.

The next time we got the ball on the Redskin 35, he completes a 5 yard pass on 1st down followed by the TD run. Real solid QB play on both drives. He didn't throw an interception. 9/13 (64%) 61 yards TD

Trent did have a very nice first drive. But came up with only a FG. Then the pick and then 2 3 and outs. 5 /9 (55%) 54 yards INT

Nod to Fitz

My opinion is that Ftiz looked better. He started a little shaky. He had several 3 and outs. But watch the drive that starts around 4:20 in the 3rd quarter. 85 yards capped off by a really nice play to get a TD completion to David Nelson. At the start of that drive he completes several passes for 8, 11, 13 yards, something like that. 3 or 5 first downs. Then Simpson or maybe it was Bell run for 45. Then Trent thows the TD.

The next time we got the ball on the Redskin 35, he completes a 5 yard pass on 1st down followed by the TD run. Real solid QB play on both drives. He didn't throw an interception. 9/13 (64%) 61 yards TD

Trent did have a very nice first drive. But came up with only a FG. Then the pick and then 2 3 and outs. 5 /9 (55%) 54 yards INT

Nod to Fitz

Bolded: Because he checked down on third and long after Stupar's hold. Wasn't that the play that Marshawn was injured?

Bolded: Because he checked down on third and long after Stupar's hold. Wasn't that the play that Marshawn was injured?

I did notice on that play that he had 3 receivers all on the left side. He dropped back and then very quickly threw to ML as he was bailing out. It was hard to tell if any of the receivers were open on TV. But honestly, I don't see how any of them could have been open yet.

I did notice on that play that he had 3 receivers all on the left side. He dropped back and then very quickly threw to ML as he was bailing out. It was hard to tell if any of the receivers were open on TV. But honestly, I don't see how any of them could have been open yet.

I don't have this recorded, if you do please go back and look. Did TE do any reads? It was a very quick throw, so maybe not a checkdown. Were any DL/LBs/DBs/Hot Dog Vendors coming free to force the throw? Or was it a called play? Get the ball to the RB and set up the blocking to get the yards. Marshawn almost did. If they did this in regular season I'd be screaming bloody murder. Preseason, not so much.

One thing I find interesting in all this is Brown and Trent get to play both games according to the playing time they are allotted so I assume both are not on the chop block at cutting time.

I didn't notice how long did Fitz play, was it 2 more or less full quarters?

I really hope Brohm does a great job on Thursday. In place of Fitz - I want to see Brohm take shots down the field and score some points. Maybe Brohm will start at home against the Bengals if he impresses. :lol:

I really hope Shania Twain knocks on my door and wants to come in because she's lonely after her divorce. Your hopes for Brohm are about as likely as my hopes.

My opinion is that Fitz looked better. He started a little shaky. He had several 3 and outs. But watch the drive that starts around 4:20 in the 3rd quarter. 85 yards capped off by a really nice play to get a TD completion to David Nelson. At the start of that drive he completes several passes for 8, 11, 13 yards, something like that. 3 or 5 first downs. Then Simpson or maybe it was Bell run for 45. Then Fitz throws the TD.

Nod to Fitz

This is what I thought as well. TE had a good 1st series with the starters, then Washington started putting pressure on him and he went back to his typical mode of playing scared. Yes, of course he had lousy protection most of the time, but so did Fitz and Brown.

Then Fitz comes in and he looks like crap for a couple series. After that he settles down and plays decent with the same poor protection.

Definitely nod to Fitz, by a long shot.

Trent looked better then Fitz in my opinion (which isn't saying much) plus TE was playing against the Redskins starters and Fitz was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Lost and scared to you is TE checking with Gailey to make sure both of them are on the same page,( it is a new offense) but whatever floats your boat,

The main thing that pissed me off about TE's performance was the INT, because that's exactly why Gailey has TE in there in the first place with the starters, because he thinks TE's smart and accurate enough to protect the ball properly and still move it down the field successfully.

TE keeps throwing INT's, Brohm will be taking over, you can count on it.

The interception, although clearly a stupid play by TE, was not what bothered me, as much as how he played after that,

he had that scared checkdown look, and was bouncing passes off of the turf, he has to get better at forgetting about the

interception.

The interception, although clearly a stupid play by TE, was not what bothered me, as much as how he played after that,

he had that scared checkdown look, and was bouncing passes off of the turf, he has to get better at forgetting about the

interception.

I believe Trent is psychologically incapable of this and thus doomed to failure as a starter. Only question is how long it takes Chan to come to the same conclusion.

One thing I find interesting in all this is Brown and Trent get to play both games according to the playing time they are allotted so I assume both are not on the chop block at cutting time.

I didn't notice how long did Fitz play, was it 2 more or less full quarters?

I don't know if that's accurate. If TE looks lights out against second stringers, does that really tell you anything worthwhile? At this point in time he should look good against a second and third string defense. TE is going to sink or swim against the other team's first string. If he continues to struggle throughout preseason I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone. Fitz has shown what he's got. It's not a matter of understanding the game with him, it's limited physical tools. Personally, I think either TE or RF makes the team in the end. I don't think this season is about wins, unfortunately, so it may not ultimately matter who is behind center.

I really hope Brohm does a great job on Thursday. In place of Fitz - I want to see Brohm take shots down the field and score some points. Maybe Brohm will start at home against the Bengals if he impresses. :)

Truthfully I want to see the same thing. After the game against the Redskins it seems that we could be looking at a replay of last year regarding our offense. I hope not. I really want to see Brohm dazzle everyone on the field. I know its a long shot, but I have my fingers crossed. Thursday's game is his big chance. I hope he is up for it.

:wallbash: