Special Teams

Cuze

I'm afraid the great special teams this team has been used to are gone. Bruce Dehaven and Bobby April were the best in the league. Our kickers are great, but the days of being the number one or two team in the league in special teams are gone. It will cost us wins also. The day's of starting drives at the 30 or 40 yard line and pinning teams deep may be over. As bad as our team has been over the years we could always count on special teams being great. Now we have come back the pack so to speak and we will see how good Dehaven and April really were.

I'm afraid the great special teams this team has been used to are gone. Bruce Dehaven and Bobby April were the best in the league. Our kickers are great, but the days of being the number one or two team in the league in special teams are gone. It will cost us wins also. The day's of starting drives at the 30 or 40 yard line and pinning teams deep may be over. As bad as our team has been over the years we could always count on special teams being great. Now we have come back the pack so to speak and we will see how good Dehaven and April really were.

Don't you think you should give them more than ONE preseason game to make that claim?

Even special teams is trying out players and playing scrubs. You won't see the real coverage teams for a few more games. News flash ... Dehaven is the special teams coach in Buffalo again.

:wallbash:

I noticed the kick coverage, particularly on punt coverage looking slower, too. Moorman had some punts with decent hangtime and the coverage units were still 15 yards away from the punt returner when he caught the ball. Definitely looked slower than in years past.

I noticed the kick coverage, particularly on punt coverage looking slower, too. Moorman had some punts with decent hangtime and the coverage units were still 15 yards away from the punt returner when he caught the ball. Definitely looked slower than in years past.

Not just slower, but their inability to tackle their opponents is more noticable than in years past.

Fail.