OT: Great Donte Stallworth article

He may have saved the family a lot of grief as far as the media but, where would you or i be if we killed someone in the same manner ??

I'll give you one guess , not playing football on sundays !!!

The whole thing just goes to show how crooked the justice system is in this country . If you have the money you can get a hummer in the white house and keep your job , you can launder monies for your hubby and still be appointed multiple high gov't seats & if you have enough money you can buy yourself out of jail time on a vehicular manslaughter rap !!!!

Give me a break. I won't waste my time reading that. Between the family and his lawyers, they all agreed he was guilty and knew an agreement would cut his sentence and put him back on the field to make more money because I'm sure, either throw a legal agreement or on the side, he paid that family.

Meanwhile, if it were me, I'd be rotting in jail right now thanks to a horrible defense from some careless public defender because I couldn't afford that type of legal counsel.

Give me a break. I won't waste my time reading that. Between the family and his lawyers, they all agreed he was guilty and knew an agreement would cut his sentence and put him back on the field to make more money because I'm sure, either throw a legal agreement or on the side, he paid that family.

Meanwhile, if it were me, I'd be rotting in jail right now thanks to a horrible defense from some careless public defender because I couldn't afford that type of legal counsel.

Did he pay the prosecutor? How did it work? Did his million dollar defense team perform some form of voo doo charm on the DA to get him to offer the plea deal? And did they use the same magic on the family (who was going to get millions in an inevitable civil verdict agains Stallworth anyway)?

Help me out here fellas.

your fault. maybe you should get a better job.

Did he pay the prosecutor? How did it work? Did his million dollar defense team perform some form of voo doo charm on the DA to get him to offer the plea deal? And did they use the same magic on the family (who was going to get millions in an inevitable civil verdict agains Stallworth anyway)?

Help me out here fellas.

read the article....his lawyers didn't want him to accept a plea deal...kept telling him he should fight the charges

It obviously was a great tragedy for the person who died and his family. Yet, anyone who lives in Miami or is familiar with that roadway knows that people have no business crossing that causeway where he did.

read the article....his lawyers didn't want him to accept a plea deal...kept telling him he should fight the charges

Then that should tell you that everyone;DA, defense, thought the likelihood of a conviction of a more serious charge was very unlikely.

Hence, this had little to do with his "money".

Then that should tell you that everyone;DA, defense, thought the likelihood of a conviction of a more serious charge was very unlikely.

That....and saving taxpayer money. Plea deals being offered by the prosecution aren't exactly a rare thing...you don't have to bribe prosecutors to cop a plea

:wallbash: