Good news?

Yeah, but as a young team they need a couple of wins to build some confidence. The Redskins players looked so happy and like they were having fun.

He just asked for positive views, he never mandated that they be rational.

I try to take a Tea Party view at all things pre-season.

The offense was about how I thought it would be. Actually, not terrible. You can see the (dim) outlines of what they're planning to do. The line did a pretty darned good job overall. I think it will be all right by the Miami game. Which, before anyone goes nuts, is not the same as saying it's going to be great. Better than last year but not great.

The defense on the other hand was shockingly awful. Very, very worrisome. Doesn't look like something that Poz or Mitchell correct by returning. It was truly bad, worst I've seen in years.

Oh, and the refereeing was in mid-season anti-Bills form. One example: A pass interference call was overturned because,,,"the ball was uncatchable." Which it was because Evans was being pounded, held and tossed out of bounds beyond the five yard limit. Another: a roughing the passer call on what was a pretty clean shot to McNabb by, I think, Maybin. Arm across the chest, well below the head, more of a pull down than anything else. I stopped counting the bad calls before the first quarter was out...there were just too many questionable ones.

Slept through the game... one of the few times I actually get to see the Bills (living in VA), and I miss it. :censored:

Can anyone give me some good news about the team? Seems like that Nelson kid had a good game, according to the box score.

London Fletcher played well. Oh wait......

I take it QB play was as bad as expected?

Worse if you can imagine that. Trent looked like a guy who does not belong on an NFL playing field. Mitch Williams & Charlie Sheen may need to hand over the nickname "Wild Thing" to Fitzpatrick if he plays like tonight in the future. Levi Brown is green as a gourd. Brohm will have an opportunity to get himself into the hunt on Thursday. By design, tonight he was the Invisible Man. The only way things can get worse is if all the guys going for 1 & 2 get injured & Levi Brown ends up starting, with Jeff George brough in as his backup.

What happened to Carrington? That's a rookie I think can really contribute. I hope its not too serious.

It looked bad to me at first, but he was seen on the bench going through a battery of physical tests. May not be too bad.

Worse if you can imagine that. Trent looked like a guy who does not belong on an NFL playing field. Mitch Williams & Charlie Sheen may need to hand over the nickname "Wild Thing" to Fitzpatrick if he plays like tonight in the future. Levi Brown is green as a gourd. Brohm will have an opportunity to get himself into the hunt on Thursday. By design, tonight he was the Invisible Man. The only way things can get worse is if all the guys going for 1 & 2 get injured & Levi Brown ends up starting, with Jeff George brough in as his backup.

I thought Edwards looked solid on the first drive.

The good news is the team is still in Buffalo.

You're not the only one who slept through the game, a lot of guys wearing Bills uniforms slept through the game as well.

WHatever the Bills were smoking they should bottle it up and sell it as a good sleeping aid

Worked better than my Sominex

I was a bit dissappointed with Reggie Corner's play tonight. ---I felt he was an 'up and comer' with tons of potential. I still have faith in him.

I bet he stews over his play and comes back with two picks next week ! :censored:

I hope you're right. Seems like man coverage should be a strength for someone with Corner's attributes.

Except for the checkdown to Lynch on 3rd and long after Stupar's penalty that led to the field goal. He has to stop doing that.

I'm tired of everyone saying he shouldn't have checked the ball down on 3rd and 13. The pass was made because nobody else was open and it made for an easy field goal. Should he have forced a bad pass like he did in the next series? I'm not a huge Edwards fan but there is a time when a QB needs to check the ball down. If they were not in field goal range then maybe you try to hold the ball a little longer to make a play but they picked up 11 yards on the pass and went from a long 48 yard field goal to a chip shot 37 yarder.