A sign of COACHING yet to come?

SoggyHog

4th & inches from our own 37 yardline. 7:17 left on the clock in the 2nd Qtr. 1 (one) Timeout left. Buffalo lines up to "draw" the defense offsides. Clock ticks....... timeout! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????

If we are going to gamble a timeout, why don't we challenge the first touchdown by the Redskins that was CLEARLY not a touchdown??? If the offense does not have possesion of the ball as it crosses the goal-line, then it is not a touchdown. The offense did not have possesion!!!!

Instead of challenging an obvious blunder by the officials, we gamble out last timeout to draw the defense offsides with 7 minutes remaining on the clock!!!! WITH OUR LAST TIMEOUT IN THE HALF!!!!!! No coach in his right mind would make that call! Imagine it was the regular season and not pre-season! Now your pissed too!

"Obvsiouly you wanna win, anytime you got your uniform on and they got your name up on the scoreboard, you wanna win. You wanna have more points than the other team. But at the same time, you're mostly trying to evaluate personell." - Chan Gailey, Head Coach, Bufalo Bills...........

HEY CHAN!!!!!!! YOU'RE BEING EVALUATED TOO!!!!!!

(sorry about the spelling, but you get the point)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th & inches from our own 37 yardline. 7:17 left on the clock in the 2nd Qtr. 1 (one) Timeout left. Buffalo lines up to "draw" the defense offsides. Clock ticks....... timeout! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????

If we are going to gamble a timeout, why don't we challenge the first touchdown by the Redskins that was CLEARLY not a touchdown??? If the offense does not have possesion of the ball as it crosses the goal-line, then it is not a touchdown. The offense did not have possesion!!!!

Instead of challenging an obvious blunder by the officials, we gamble out last timeout to draw the defense offsides with 7 minutes remaining on the clock!!!! WITH OUR LAST TIMEOUT IN THE HALF!!!!!! No coach in his right mind would make that call! Imagine it was the regular season and not pre-season! Now your pissed too!

"Obvsiouly you wanna win, anytime you got your uniform on and they got your name up on the scoreboard, you wanna win. You wanna have more points than the other team. But at the same time, you're mostly trying to evaluate personell." - Chan Gailey, Head Coach, Bufalo Bills...........

Gets my vote for post of the year... so far :censored:

I don't care about not challenging the TD.

I did not like not going for it with just inches to go. All that talk about blocking and tackling and being tough.

This was the time to run a QB sneak right behind Andy Levitre and keep the ball.

Yep, that's what I thought. QB sneak time. I mean, come on, it's the preseason for crying out loud. I thought for sure that Chan would go for it. Maybe there's some league-wide "book" like the 2-point conversion one that tells you when to go for it or not (though I still wouldn't have pegged him as a "by-the-book" kind of guy).

Yep, that's what I thought. QB sneak time. I mean, come on, it's the preseason for crying out loud. I thought for sure that Chan would go for it. Maybe there's some league-wide "book" like the 2-point conversion one that tells you when to go for it or not (though I still wouldn't have pegged him as a "by-the-book" kind of guy).

There is no such book. Remember the Titans fake punt last year in preseason?

I did not like not going for it with just inches to go. All that talk about blocking and tackling and being tough.

This was the time to run a QB sneak right behind Andy Levitre and keep the ball.

I totally disagree. I did not like not challenging the TD. Certainly not a touchdown and you never know what the next play may bring. As far as a QB sneak? Not at your own 37 with 7 minutes left in the half. No way! NEVER! Kick, kick and kick again in that situation! Don't burn your last TO at that point. Dumb/stupid decision and I HOPE this year is not coached like that! If so, get ready people....... we are in for a long......long.....long year!

Well, WANTING to win might be the only progress made this season.

I completely agree.

The Skins first TD was not a TD, but oh well, it's only preseason.

As for not going for it on 4th & inches, why did Gailey fake it? That would have been the perfect time to give our offense a boost of confidence, not to mention motivation.

Gailey confused me on that call.

Gailey didn't waste a timeout - he let the clock run down and took the 5-yard penalty.

My main issue was that he didn't take the opportunity to practice a 4th and short situation with the offense...

Imagine the uproar if Jauron was still the coach and that timeout had been called. It's only preason but this looks like it may be a 2-3 win season folks.

Gailey didn't waste a timeout - he let the clock run down and took the 5-yard penalty.

My main issue was that he didn't take the opportunity to practice a 4th and short situation with the offense...

But he did. Putting players in motion, the offensive linemen's behavior to confuse the defense...it's all practice. THAT'S a truly unique situation to become accustomed to in a game situation.

DUDE......EXACTLY! WELL PUT.

WAS JAURON SECRETLY DISGUISED AND STILL CALLING THE SHOTS? IS IT POSSIBLE TO PRODUCE A WORSE NFL CALIBER PRODUCT THAN THE BUFFALO BILLS DID LAST SEASON UNDER JAURON? I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE.....TONIGHT HAS ME RECONSIDERING THAT THOUGHT...THAT WAS UGLY.

But he did. Putting players in motion, the offensive linemen's behavior to confuse the defense...it's all practice. THAT'S a truly unique situation to become accustomed to in a game situation.

Yes. But I am not buying it. Talk about hitting and getting tougher all camp long. That was the time to man up and get the first down.

So far from what I have seen, the look just like the Bills of last year except for the secondary and special teams doesn't look quite as good.

I realize it is only the preseason so I won't get to upset Trent looked just like Trent has been looking fior the past few years. Why does everyone realize we need a new QB except for Chan and Buddy?