Preseason game 1- Bills @ Redskins "Gameday" thread

Skoobydum

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to fire up the old excuse machine.....

1. Only the first preseason game.

2. New Defense. Will take time to jell.

3. Only two starters on the OL tonight.

4. New coach/staff. Will take time to jell.

5. Edwards first live action in a long time.

6. Redskins are trying to run up the score.

7. Night game. Bills used to day games.

8. Really humid in DC.

9. Basic game plan. Don't show anything too early.

10. Tired from all the physical practices.

11. Still learning the offense.

12. Still learning the defense.

13. Away game. Why show up?

14. They will be ready when it's for real.

15. Rex Grossman is a high quality backup.

Pick and choose as you wish.

Does the Oline cover wide receivers? Let's hear your positive points on the game so far.

Positive? very little, honestly. Stroud does look comfortable in the transition, which surprised me, the runningbacks all look effective, parrish got involved in the middle, even though it was only one catch, and a few other minor things.

The team obviously sucked, and if this is a shock to you, then you really don't get this team

And if you are worried about the secondary, then I don't know what to say. The first stringers didn't look too hot today, but our secondary was AMAZING last year. So I am not going to worry about the secondary because of a preseason game. You can worry about them all you want though and laugh at a secondary that was one of the best in the league last year

But it isn't like the bills didn't try to upgrade their positions of need:

1) They tried to get shanny

2) They tried to get mcnabb

3) They couldn't draft williams, okung. And what other legit LT was available that was worth that 9th spot? come on....

This team made a few improvements, and I expect them to only make more in the next offseason. like it or not, it is rebuilding mode year one. You can cry and complain all you want, but that is reality. There is no promise that a team will not be bad for 10 + years and there is no guarentee that a team will ever win. Deal with it. Or it your case, keep crying.