Wow, 'chilly' was raised somewhat by Chuck Dickerson aka '

DarthICE

Seems he isn't the total prick many idiots in WNY and on Bills boards everywhere make him out to be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...&id=5452255

Maybe the proper conclusion is "Seems Chuck wasn't always the total classless and clueless idiot he became after Marv fired him."

I like Dickerson. He is one of the few Buffalo sports personalities (maybe the only) who actually knows the game... his schtick can ware thin, I guess, and there is no doubt he harbors some bitter feelings toward Marv Levy and the Bills. But, I really think he was a scapegoat for another Super Bowl loss. The comments he made, which alledgedly got him fired, were just silly, anyone with a brain in their head would have known what he meant. It is possible there was more to the story, as Dickerson and Levy's coaching styles couldn't be more different, but, I think the guy is unfairly vilified.

I like Dickerson. He is one of the few Buffalo sports personalities (maybe the only) who actually knows the game... his schtick can ware thin, I guess, and there is no doubt he harbors some bitter feelings toward Marv Levy and the Bills. But, I really think he was a scapegoat for another Super Bowl loss. The comments he made, which alledgedly got him fired, were just silly, anyone with a brain in their head would have known what he meant. It is possible there was more to the story, as Dickerson and Levy's coaching styles couldn't be more different, but, I think the guy is unfairly vilified.

Well said.

Say what u will about Dickerson but he never had an actor draft, a food draft or a show about cheese.

It wasn't beneath him (unlike the current host) to answer the the common greeting, "How ya doing?".

Btw, he has said good things about Levy and some not so good.

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

I thought he got fired because he got in a fight with one of the other assistant coaches and stuck his face through a wall.

Dickerson was light years ahead of clowns like Schmuck and the Bullfrog. Someone who has actually been an NFL coach of course has a good head start. He sometimes said things just to be controversial, but that's in large part because he understood that he was in the entertainment business. But all the listeners knew that it was going to be pretty much 100% sports talk. Toward the end of his run it started to get somewhat stale, as he had a small core group of callers each day, so you were always listening to the same people.

I thought he got fired because he got in a fight with one of the other assistant coaches and stuck his face through a wall.

That scrap was between Tom Bresnahan and Ted Tollner, IIRC.

Back on topic: not a big fan of Dickerson. Brilliant move giving the Skins bulletin board material before XXVI. Guy never knew when to shut his yap

I don't think anyone thought Dickerson was a bad person and it's great what he did for Childress. But the logic of a radio station (who jsut lost the rights to the team) hiring a guy who got fired by teh team seems like a huge conflict of interest, no? How many people would be objective about the company that just fired them?

And still the greatest STFU line ever was by Marv Levy about Dickerson: "He's been fired more times than a Civil War cannon." Awesome.