Thought on Schobel

I suspect a minimum of three would have been interested before the draft. Schobel has always been interested in Houston (the obvious choice) and Seattle and NE are interested. The deal was there. It just didn't get done. End of story.

There was no deal. Hell Schobel hasn't even signed with anyone yet, and it's a week after he was released.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh he'll sign. Unlike Nix, his agent knows how to deal and how to use time to his advantage. Buddy....take notes and learn.

You're missing the point. He's STILL undecided about playing. How do you trade a player like that? The answer is: you can't.

Can anyone trying to revise history by suggesting the Bills could have traded AS prior to the draft, please dig up any posts PRIOR to the draft where you or anyone else suggest just that? I don't recall A SINGLE post by anyone here or elsewhere suggesting the Bills trade AS. It's laughable to suggest that the Bills could/should have traded him to one of the three teams RUMORED to be interested in signing him as an FA now.

I don't recall any of the pundits suggesting it either. But if someone can find an expert's opinion suggesting they trade AS PRIOR to the draft, then I'll gladly eat crow.

Teams don't trade players they want and feel can make a difference for their team. They don't trade players mulling retirement who say they will play for your team or nobody else.

C'mon folks. Where's all the proof the Bills could have/should have traded him way back when? This should be easy since we're dealing in 20/20 hindsight.

GO BILLS!!!

he's undecided until the conditions are right. If he's retiring he'd be retiring. This is part of the process. We call it a good BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement). He's using it as leverage. It got him out of the Bills situation and it will help him get the best deal in the Houston agreement.

I suspect a minimum of three would have been interested before the draft. Schobel has always been interested in Houston (the obvious choice) and Seattle and NE are interested. The deal was there. It just didn't get done. End of story.

Tennessee Boy,

I am not calling you an idiot.

But your obstinate opinion of Aaron Schobel's fictitious trade value IS IDIOTIC.

You are a lone voice in the wilderness (the others have come to their senses when confronted with reason) and in this case your voice is shrieking silly things in a high-pitched and shrill tone.

There are a thousand reasons why you are wrong and most of them have been mentioned here and you haven't truly addressed them. The difference between trade value and free agent value is a concept you should ponder a bit more deeply (thanks, K-9). Wherever Schobel ends up signing has no bearing on whether that team would have traded for him or whether the Bills would have traded him to that team.

Here's an as yet unmentioned reason why Aaron Schobel would never be traded to the Patriots…because Buddy Nix would never trade Aaron Schobel to the Patriots.

Tennessee Boy, did you know that an otherwise smart poster can severely destroy his own credibility with stupid takes which he then decides to turn into stupid crusades?

I try not to attack people's opinions. Consider the fact that I'm attacking yours to be significant.

And I can assure you that your credibility is circling the drain right now.

If Schobel goes to Houston I am fine with him he wants a chance to win after putting most of his career in Buffalo. BUT if he goes to the Pats* after we let him go then he is a D-bag. We didn't hold him hostage and I think it would be at least good protocol for him to not join a team in our division.

Tennessee Boy,

But your obstinate opinion of Aaron Schobel's fictitious trade value IS IDIOTIC.

You are a lone voice in the wilderness (the others have come to their senses when confronted with reason) and in this case your voice is shrieking silly things in a high-pitched and shrill tone.

There are a thousand reasons why you are wrong and most of them have been mentioned here and you haven't truly addressed them. The difference between trade value and free agent value is a concept you should ponder a bit more deeply (thanks, K-9). Wherever Schobel ends up signing has no bearing on whether that team would have traded for him or whether the Bills would have traded him to that team.

Here's an as yet unmentioned reason why Aaron Schobel would never be traded to the Patriots…because Buddy Nix would never trade Aaron Schobel to the Patriots.

Tennessee Boy, did you know that an otherwise smart poster can severely destroy his own credibility with stupid takes which he then decides to turn into stupid crusades?

I try not to attack people's opinions. Consider the fact that I'm attacking yours to be significant.

Pretty much sums it up.

Chris Brown of BB.com said that the only serious team Schobel would go to is Houston, however he states that NE and Sea have expressed interest. Even though it is a long shot if Schobel went to NE how would the fans re-act?

Personally I hate every player on the Pats just because of the lone fact that I hate the Pats, and if Schobel went there I dont think I would be able to hope for a successful season for him. I hope hed stay healthy but thats about it.

Thoughts?

Schobel always had hustle and coverage sacks;infact, other top pass rushers in the NFL either blast the qb, jar the ball loose or get the sack when their team needs a spark..................Schobel could rarely do any of those mentioned.

Schobel always had hustle and coverage sacks;infact, other top pass rushers in the NFL either blast the qb, jar the ball loose or get the sack when their team needs a spark..................Schobel could rarely do any of those mentioned.

Complete revisionist history. Schobel had plenty of big plays. 19 forced fumbles in his time as a Bill. Nobody will confuse him for a hall of famer or anything, but he's undoubtedly the best defensive Bills player of the last decade.

Tennessee Boy,

Actually you are sounding kind of high pitched and shrieky with this post.

I posited a theory. He should have been traded. He wasn't. I don't have more to add than that. I think I'll pass on the ad hominem attacks.

Actually you are sounding kind of high pitched and shrieky with this post.

I posited a theory. He should have been traded. He wasn't. I don't have more to add than that. I think I'll pass on the ad hominem attacks.

No. You didn't just posit a theory.

For the last week plus you've been harping on the idea that Schobel should be traded and that he could have been traded, and then criticizing the fact that he wasn't traded. That is why you have been shrill (unrestrained and irritatingly insistent).

I'm glad you have no more to add because your crusade is old and irrelevant now. If it weren't so relentlessly tiresome, I wouldn't have responded. Thank you in advance for not adding any more.

I know...I'm having a hard time considering what San Jose thinks to be significant as well.

Judging from your misinterpretation of Rico's post, I'd be happy to let you know what to think.

All kidding aside, I always thought of you as a good poster…which is why your Schobel crusade was so inexplicable to me.

SAhh....there's the problem. I have not harped on the idea that Schobel should BE traded. The trade scenario pretty much passed a few weeks ago with the retirement, not playing for us, not coming to camp business. I have harped on the idea that he should have BEEN traded at the time the Bills realized he didn't fit into the 3-4 strategy and was going to retire.

Now that we have cleard that up I consider the matter closed.

SAhh....there's the problem. I have not harped on the idea that Schobel should BE traded. The trade scenario pretty much passed a few weeks ago with the retirement, not playing for us, not coming to camp business. I have harped on the idea that he should have BEEN traded at the time the Bills realized he didn't fit into the 3-4 strategy and was going to retire.

Now that we have cleard that up I consider the matter closed.

And now I am suffering from "a-hole's remorse."

Sorry to be a jerk. It just got under my craw. Sincerest apologies. Really.