People predicting the Bills record this year

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...ason+prediction

I'm still standing by my 11-5 prediction. Here's what I predicted in April, but with added comments:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W (could go either way, but I think the Bills will be fired up after the "They still have team up there" comment by an anonymous Pittsburgh player)

BUF @ MIN L (If Favre doesn't play, I'd say Bills win. Tavaris Jackson sucks and Sage Rosenfels is a decent backup, but nothing more).

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

Thats every home game

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I make sh*t up? Please, enlighten me? The last time Brady played a full healthy season, the Patriots went 16-0. Last year, they went 10-6...so that's not a drop off?! Even the year before with Matt Cassel, they went 11-5.

And how about Brady's numbers from 07' to 09': 2007- 4,806 yds 50 TD's & 8 INT's, 2009 - 4,398 yds 28 TD's & 13 INT's. While Brady did have very good numbers for any QB in the league, but let's look at the difference in those 2 years. So that's 408 less yards, 22 less touchdowns and 5 more interceptions...so that's not a drop off either?!

Who's making up sh*t now?!

"Brady is still rebounding from his knee injury" is what you said which is total BS. Show me one article that says his knee is still an issue. I don't think you can. You said those exact words which are completely not true.

Holding the Pats up to a 16-0 standard and Brady up to the greatest all time season by a QB is insane. Brady put up his second best season (TDs, Yds, comp%, Ints) ever last year, he had 1 WR catch 123 passes and another have 1300 yds and 13 td's. He did all that with an average running game. Light goes down at LT and their 2nd round pick goes in and does a great job. So again, besides the greatest single regular season of all time, where is the drop off on offense. Did you ever think that other teams got better last year too?

Again, I said this in previous posts, they went through a transition on D losing some very good players and their replacements did a solid job. There D was ranked 10th in 08, 11th in 09..not much of a drop off there.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...ason+prediction

I'm still standing by my 11-5 prediction. Here's what I predicted in April, but with added comments:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W (could go either way, but I think the Bills will be fired up after the "They still have team up there" comment by an anonymous Pittsburgh player)

BUF @ MIN L (If Favre doesn't play, I'd say Bills win. Tavaris Jackson sucks and Sage Rosenfels is a decent backup, but nothing more).

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

I like your enthusiasm, but we haven't won all home games since Kelly was QB.

"Brady is still rebounding from his knee injury" is what you said which is total BS. Show me one article that says his knee is still an issue. I don't think you can. You said those exact words which are completely not true.

Holding the Pats up to a 16-0 standard and Brady up to the greatest all time season by a QB is insane. Brady put up his second best season (TDs, Yds, comp%, Ints) ever last year, he had 1 WR catch 123 passes and another have 1300 yds and 13 td's. He did all that with an average running game. Light goes down at LT and their 2nd round pick goes in and does a great job. So again, besides the greatest single regular season of all time, where is the drop off on offense. Did you ever think that other teams got better last year too?

Again, I said this in previous posts, they went through a transition on D losing some very good players and their replacements did a solid job. There D was ranked 10th in 08, 11th in 09..not much of a drop off there.

So everything needs to validated by an article now? Like I said, Brady put up good numbers last year, but he had 22 less touchdowns and 5 more INT's, that's a drop off. Every QB that had that kind of knee injury has taken some time to rebound, look at Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb & Daunte Culpeper. It took some time Palmer & McNabb to return to form & Culpeper hasn't been the same since. Granted, Brady bounced back quicker than those guys, but the stats don't lie, 22 less touchdowns...

Also in 07' & '09, Brady had Moss & Welker to throw to, two of the best WR's in the league, but who did he have to throw to in years prior?

For a guy that supposedly hates the Patriots as much as you claim to do, you're sure defending them a lot.

Uhm, going into last season, based on 2008 records, the Bills had the 2nd hardest schedule in the league.

This season's schedule is easier than last.

On W/L record in was 6th - which still seems harder than this year. But last year we had 6 games against teams that were in the playoffs in 2008.

This year we have 8 teams that were in the playoffs, not to mention Road games @ Vikings, Pack, Ravens, Cincy.

Maybe I shouldn't have said WAY harder, but it is a worse schedule even though our opponents teams are .500 vs. 2009 when they were .570

I like your enthusiasm, but we haven't won all home games since Kelly was QB.

I actually wasn't looking at that, but that would be great if we did win all home games this year. IMO, the worst I think the Bills could do is 8-8. All the differences so far I've seen on the Bills from how the team was operated under Jauron, to now under Gailey has me very excited about this season.

IMO, going from the cover 2 to man-to-man coverage will make the secondary much more dangerous. I like what I've seen from our front 7: Troup, Williams, Carrington, Ellis, Torbor, Davis, Edwards, these guys are gonna make some plays this year. The bills run defense will be much improved with the front 7.

These prediction threads are getting very repetitive.

Allow me to summarize:

1) Some people think the Bills will be very good this year, 11-5 or better. Mainly due to the coaching change and the acquisition of Spiller. Whoever does not agree with this prediction is a doom & gloomer, needs to sober up, or my personal favorite ... not a "real fan".

2) Some people think the Bills will have a very bad record this season. 4-12 or worse. Mainly due to minimal personal changes and a more difficult schedule than last year. Whoever does not agree with this prediction is drinking koolaid or a homer with his head in the sand.

3) The rest tend to believe the record will be not that different that last year. In the 8-8 ballpark. Most people can't find a reason to hate on these predictions too much.

Thank God the season will be starting soon so these prediction threads can stop.

Brilliant, well at least everybody knows your feelings, christ you harp on them enough. My prediction, is that

you will be removing that fork from your Avatar by mid-season, possibly sooner. Go Bills!

Man, you really are a tool. The players say it, so that makes it true?

What player, coach, owner, team janitor, etc is going to say ANYTHING negative? Even when they suck, the team stakeholders make up some crap about this or that to explain away the crappy performance/season.

Chan Gailey is not a proven, year after year winner. He's been fired more times than he's won anything of importance. This coaching group has absolutely no past record or credibility coaching THIS team. This team still has no QB and no OL. They will be beyond boring to watch. The defense will win them some games, but the offense wont.

This is not a 1-15, 2-14 team. I'll stick with 5-11.

I see a similiar result as well, saying were going to be worse with this much coaching organization is just wrong. It's like night and day from previous camps, even admitted by the players.

I actually wasn't looking at that, but that would be great if we did win all home games this year. IMO, the worst I think the Bills could do is 8-8. All the differences so far I've seen on the Bills from how the team was operated under Jauron, to now under Gailey has me very excited about this season.

IMO, going from the cover 2 to man-to-man coverage will make the secondary much more dangerous. I like what I've seen from our front 7: Troup, Williams, Carrington, Ellis, Torbor, Davis, Edwards, these guys are gonna make some plays this year. The bills run defense will be much improved with the front 7.

You bring up good points and I love the enthusiasm. If the Bills did finish 11-5 or 10-6, not only would that be great, but that would change a lot of people's attitudes about the Bills, coaching & management.

So everything needs to validated by an article now? Like I said, Brady put up good numbers last year, but he had 22 less touchdowns and 5 more INT's, that's a drop off. Every QB that had that kind of knee injury has taken some time to rebound, look at Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb & Daunte Culpeper. It took some time Palmer & McNabb to return to form & Culpeper hasn't been the same since. Granted, Brady bounced back quicker than those guys, but the stats don't lie, 22 less touchdowns...

Also in 07' & '09, Brady had Moss & Welker to throw to, two of the best WR's in the league, but who did he have to throw to in years prior?

For a guy that supposedly hates the Patriots as much as you claim to do, you're sure defending them a lot.

When you blatantly lie to support your argument....then yes! Brady's knee is fine and you said "he was still recovering." You're obviously not an accountabe person so let's move on.

Manning threw for a career high 49 TD's in '04 and hasn't come within 18 TD's of that season since. Has he been having down seasons since '04? Brees and Brady's stats were almost identical last year, did Brees have a down year? Didn't think so.

He actually had a remarkable year considering the fact that he came off a major knee injury and his stats were in line with all of the top QB's last year, look for yourself. He didn't match his career best season, BUT THAT'S WHY IT"S CALLED A "CAREER YEAR"!

Your hatred for the Pats clouds your judgement, let's move on.

Brilliant, well at least everybody knows your feelings, christ you harp on them enough. My prediction, is that

you will be removing that fork from your Avatar by mid-season, possibly sooner. Go Bills!

I try and avoid making personal attacks, even when provoked.

I would be very happy if your prediction somehow manages to come true.

Not sure how much this weighs into things, but......

In fantasy football I was reviewing Strength of schedule, a tool that really helps predict fantasy football value (which is directly related to things like yards, TD's, catches etc) of players.

This year the Bills S.O.S. for the QB position was 3rd easiest in the league. ----Meaning the teams the Bills play this year collectively, allowed the 3rd most (fantasy) points to QB's last year. The only downer was that we play the Jets twice and they allowed the least overall 'points' to QB's on a weekly basis. If we didn't play them twice, we would unquestionably have the easiest and lightest schedule for a QB this year.

On the downside....

Our RB S.O.S. is near the bottom of the pack. I believe (off of last nights drunken memory) was around 30 or 31st. Meaning our RB's will be facing some of the most stout Running defenses of last year. Granted, that is off of 'last years' defensive stats, but that is a concern, since our running game, in theory, should be our bread and butter this year.

Now those S.O.S. stats don't always mean we face the top 10 defenses, just defenses that didn't allow fantasy points to RB's (again, fantasy pts are based on yards, TD's, catches etc) and does in fact correlate to a defenses capabilities. The Bills weren't an NFL 'ranked' top ten Defense, but they were ranked #2 against the pass in 'fantasy' standards.

I hope the QB and the entire team do well this year and shut some nay sayers up, however I hope Trent doesnt look great against our easy S.O.S. for Qb's this year, garner a long term deal, only to be disappointed in 2011, 2012 and 2013 when we go back to facing mediocre or stout passing defenses. That would give us a 'false sense' of hope for the long haul.

10-6

Trent throws for 3300 yds, 23TD's and 11 ints.

Just my thoughts. Go Bills!

I see all of these predictions being thrown out there and I still am having a hard time understanding why people think the Bills are going to only win like 1 or 2 games... Are you kidding me?

It seems like the Bills win 6-7 games every year and I don't see why that would be any different this year. When the hell was the last time the Bills only won 1 or 2 games?

I say 6-10 yet again. The defense is too good to not to be competitive.

5 wins tops. I hope I have to eat crow. Any more than 6 wins and Gailey is coach of the year.

When you blatantly lie to support your argument....then yes!

It's called an opinion. How can my opinion be considered a lie? Nice reading comprehension. Brady's TD stats were down, INT's were up and the Pats W/L record went down, plus Brady had one of his worst playoff performances ever against Baltimore. The stats don't lie!

Just do us all a favor already, go join the Pats chatroom already since you're in such love with Tom Brady.

When you blatantly lie to support your argument....then yes! Brady's knee is fine and you said "he was still recovering." You're obviously not an accountabe person so let's move on.

Manning threw for a career high 49 TD's in '04 and hasn't come within 18 TD's of that season since. Has he been having down seasons since '04? Brees and Brady's stats were almost identical last year, did Brees have a down year? Didn't think so.

He actually had a remarkable year considering the fact that he came off a major knee injury and his stats were in line with all of the top QB's last year, look for yourself. He didn't match his career best season, BUT THAT'S WHY IT"S CALLED A "CAREER YEAR"!

Your hatred for the Pats clouds your judgement, let's move on.

You either are a relative of Brady's, Gisele Bundchen or have a serious man crush on Brady.

You either are a relative of Brady's, Gisele Bundchen or have a serious man crush on Brady.

You have to read the whole thread. MO said that Brady was still recovering from his knee injury and on the decline. I simply pointed out that he was making sh*t up about his knee and had his second best year stats wise. I hate Brady, but I'm a fan of football and I don't have a problem giving credit where credit is due.

I think Revis is good too...is that bad?

You have to read the whole thread. MO said that Brady was still recovering from his knee injury and on the decline. I simply pointed out that he was making sh*t up about his knee and had his second best year stats wise. I hate Brady, but I'm a fan of football and I don't have a problem giving credit where credit is due.

I think Revis is good too...is that bad?

Mr. Brady, I promise, that if your son Tom ever becomes a Buffalo Bill, that I will buy a Brady jersey and tell everyone that your boy will lead us to the Superbowl.

You really need to learn reading comprehension. First off, it was my opinion that Brady was still rebounding from his knee injury. Second, I said the Patriots are on the decline, not Brady...so who's lying now, Mr. Brady?

I hate to give credit to Jauron, but him & Levy wanted Revis, but Wilson wanted Lynch. I'd rather have Revis than Lynch or McKelvin.