Can't aruge Sully's article much

Jerry Sullivan gave a good summary of the Bills state on offense in today's BN.

He states the Bills D looks dominant... but then brings us back to reality that they're, in fact, playing against one of the NFLs worst offenses and offensive lnes.

Seems we've been in rebuild mode for a decade. Kinda like building a house that never seems to get finished.

Let's just hope that the toughr practices and the constant defensive pressure the defense is heaping on the offense makes the offense a lot better.

6 wins would be a big surprise. Personally, I have a difficult time acknowledging they can put 5 in the W column.

New day, hopefully a different team. And hopefully, perhaps give Sully some things to 'take back'. For now, though... not much argument with what he's writing.

My wife can make me a long list of all my shortcomings too. They may in fact be correct. That doesn't mean that I for one second want to sit there and wallow in it, especially if there's not a damn thing that I can do about it at the moment. And I'll still think she's a B word for writing it.

Alas.... "the human mind is not a dignified organ".

He's rough, gruff, cold, bold, and above all, brutally honest. He won't piss on your leg and tell you it's raining. But, he will rain on you and piss you off.

There's a big difference between brutal honesty and self-aggrandizing provocation. IMHO his writing is much more of the latter than the former. He thinks he's "bold" when he's acting like a jerk.

Even when he's right.

My wife can make me a long list of all my shortcomings too. They may in fact be correct. That doesn't mean that I for one second want to sit there and wallow in it, especially if there's not a damn thing that I can do about it at the moment. And I'll still think she's a B word for writing it.

And, she really can't pretend to be objective if she only mentions your shortcomings but has nothing to say about your strengths (assuming of course you have some).

Ok... what's your argument? What specifically in the column do you take issue with?

For starters, he doesn't say anything we don't already know or suspect. He fails to advance the argument.

Are his comments the result of his attending training camp to actually observe the team's progress, or lack of progress? This morning's column doesn't offer a clue. Do his assessments derive from personal observations -- which would require actually getting off his duff and leaving his office -- or is he simply spouting "conventional wisdom." I vote for spouting off.

Aren't you supposed to wait until your team is actually GOOD before you get all over a reporter for being negative?

If the team was good, Sullivan would have nothing to say. As someone pointed out, not only did he point out the obvious, he then took the opportunity to remind us that he thinks our QBs suck, and then somehow throws an unnecessary little OJ is a subhuman freak dig in there.

A number of years back, I challenged myself to start reading Buffalo News sports articles without reading the byline and see if I could identify Sullivan's by the unnecessary over-the-top negativity. Needless to say I was 100% accurate, most of the time after only finishing the first paragraph. Any time I've heard him on the radio or seen any blog or read any column he has been associated with it is negative. Someone ought to slip some antidepressants in his coffee if they're going to allow him to continue to have access to the public before his bull **** causes people to start jumping from rooftops in droves.