Ruben Brown in the news

Beerball

Was in the Big Tree a few years ago with my brother. It was a Friday afternoon before the home opener and the place was dead. I heard a Harley pull up outside and he walked in with his full leathers on. I'm 6'4" and 210 pounds and must tell you I've never felt so small as when he bellied up to the bar. Always thought he was overrated as a player, but from all accounts, is one hell of a fine person. Kudos to him for this prestigious award.

This would be a great time for Ruben to issue a public apology for quitting on the team at the end of the 2003 season. :thumbsup:

How about this, Ruben spoke up to Greggo and his henchmen about the crappy job they were doing and he paid the ultimate price? That was far more the reality than him quitting on the team. Ruben was one of the few that cared and had the internal fortitude to speak out about it. If I recall, he also refrained from going public. Ruben was a class act and a great player for a team of far less quality than he.

Ruben, congrats and thanks.

I know ruben very well and let me tell you he is class all the way. It amazes me how people on these boards read another posts speculations and they take them to be the truth. The above post has it completely right...most any other player in this league would have gone to the media and flapped their gums but ruben kept his mouth shut. Call ruben overrated, penalty prone, or a quitter based on your limited football knowledge. However, ask any other player that has played with him what they think of rube and they will have something much different to say. Remember the pro bowl is voted on by the fans, fellow players, and coaches. I'll take the latter 2/3's expertise over some armchair quarterback's any day of the week. Anyone that has had one conversation with ruben or has seen what he does with the community is a fan all the way.

I know ruben very well and let me tell you he is class all the way. It amazes me how people on these boards read another posts speculations and they take them to be the truth. The above post has it completely right...most any other player in this league would have gone to the media and flapped their gums but ruben kept his mouth shut. Call ruben overrated, penalty prone, or a quitter based on your limited football knowledge. However, ask any other player that has played with him what they think of rube and they will have something much different to say. Remember the pro bowl is voted on by the fans, fellow players, and coaches. I'll take the latter 2/3's expertise over some armchair quarterback's any day of the week. Anyone that has had one conversation with ruben or has seen what he does with the community is a fan all the way.

Used to love his chats with Shredd and Ragan. He always seemed honest and funny... as opposed to Ted Washington, who always seemed grouchy (but also funny... and usually half asleep).