Can Chan inspire like Marv?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor question.

The offense was entirely based on a hurry-up, quick tempo, attacking offense that had a set number of plays designed into it. The QB was the chief driver of the offense on game day, except for in the red zone.

Kelly ran the offense on the field.

If Kelly is not balancing the run/pass ratio in a way that is most conducive to winning, the coaching staff has to get that message to him.

That adjustment could have been made during the numerous stoppages that occur in any football game…during timeouts, between periods, between plays, using substitutions…during faked injuries by the opponent...

Marv is the head coach. It falls on his shoulders.

Just watched an old DVR of "America's Game" on the 1990 Bills from the NFL Network... Great stuff and pulls at all the emotions... I thought I'd share the poem Marv quoted after the first loss:

“Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew Said

”A little I’m hurt but not yet slain.

”I’ll just lie down and bleed a while,

”And then I’ll rise and Fight again.”

GO BILLS!!! It's our time to turn this thing around...

Hey VA, I don't know about all the Marv bashing... I loved the guy... if you haven't seen this already, watch it. It is about 40 minutes long, but it "In Their Own Words: Marv Levy". I just stumbled upon it on Hulu. Great show. I thought I had seen, or heard everything there was to see or here about Marv..but this had lots that I had never seen/heard. Particularly interesting (and hilarious) is the section on the birth of some of Marvs' "Marvisms"....seems like Stevestojan, Marv is a bit of a revisionist too! Seriously, this is worth the time, it is awesome:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/137371/in-their-...words-marv-levy

btw- it seems like Chan's "this is a tough game, for tough people" mantra is catching on with his players...CJ Spiller said it in two separate interviews I heard on his first day at camp. :thumbsup:

btw- it seems like Chan's "this is a tough game, for tough people" mantra is catching on with his players...CJ Spiller said it in two separate interviews I heard on his first day at camp. :thumbsup:

The whole team is saying it. Almost any interview you see with a Bills player mentions it in some way. I've also not heard a peep about the practices being longer, harder and in pads. Usually, you hear something along those lines from veterans at least.

It seems like many players are responding to Gailey.

The whole team is saying it. Almost any interview you see with a Bills player mentions it in some way. I've also not heard a peep about the practices being longer, harder and in pads. Usually, you hear something along those lines from veterans at least.

It seems like many players are responding to Gailey.

Yeah, from what I have seen and heard, Chan has a little more charisma than I remember from his days down here in Dallas. I was not at all excited about him as Bills head coach, but he is really starting to grown on me. His "ol football coach" routine is a breath of fresh air over the stiffs we have suffered through, since Wade was canned. Hopefully, he can keep his demeanor. He seems more like a college coach to me, which, I think this team needs.

I just hope he's a much better coach than Marv was. Because Marv would never make it three years with the guys we've been forced to watch the last decade. If Chan can get this team to the playoffs, call him the miracle worker.

I just hope he's a much better coach than Marv was. Because Marv would never make it three years with the guys we've been forced to watch the last decade. If Chan can get this team to the playoffs, call him the miracle worker.

Just remember: the best TEAM wins, not the best players.

PTR

Wow, a lot of posts that have no clue about the importance of leadership...

Particularly the comment about Chuck Dickerson......what is that piece of lard doing now-a-days? Probably still pandering to morons on the radio somewhere, since he can't coach.

Yeah, I'd prefer Hank Bullough