I consider myself fairly Internet savvy

Mikie2times

basically, its people's online diarys that they let everyone else read.

If you want, you can use RSS (which stands for really simple syndication) that allows your blog to basically be broadcast to others. Every Time your blog is updated, andone subscribed would get notification.

Anyway, it started small, and blew up.

It gives people who like to write an out, and "voyeurs" a chance to read about stragers (or friends) day to day activities.

MSN has one in the beta stages right now, google just bought blogger.com.

it's latin (or greek...not sure which) for, "i don't have a girlfriend".

144754[/snapback]

Exactly.

We are trying to figure out a way to incorporate them into our sites here. But that's manily for advertising.

But we had a meeting about them, and i don't really have a problem with people who like to READ them (everyone likes to be nosey somewhat), but the people that actually take their time and write about their mundane lives? That's troublesome.

Anyway, Mark Cuban has one. Its called http://www.blogmaverick.com/ pretty good stuff in there... but then again, like him or hate him, he's an interesting person.(he constantly openly tears apart Donald Trump - good stuff). ..

One good entry "It was probably but just a matter of time ‘till it happened, but I didn’t want it to go unnoticed. I got fined for my comments in a previous blog entry regarding opening night in the NBA."

alot of people who blog ARE NOT .

So, does this mean that we just write about our life and put it into our blog?

Does that include our blind dates stories as well?

144767[/snapback]

Auss...nevermind.....you just keep those stories right here amongst your TBD family!!!

But we had a meeting about them, and i don't really have a problem with people who like to READ them (everyone likes to be nosey somewhat), but the people that actually take their time and write about their mundane lives? That's troublesome.

144761[/snapback]

:devil: You're kidding right? :D

im just messin with ya

Auss...nevermind.....you just keep those stories right here amongst your TBD family!!!

144773[/snapback]

on your very own TBD Blog

There are some people using blogging software for cool stuff, not just "I made toast today. It came out kinda dry. I'll try turning the toaster down tomorrow" type stuff.

Dave Barry's blog, for example, features unusual/funny stuff, with his usual running gags. http://weblog.herald.com/column/davebarry/

Then there are blogs different categories of things, like engadget and gizmodo for things techie...

So, yes, web log is more appropriate... :devil:

The woman that blogged here in D.C. about her sexual trysts with married politicians "on the hill" got in big trouble when she was "outed". Oh, then she got paid a nice sum to appear nude in a magazine and got a huge article written about her in Washington Post magazine. I guess it's great for attention seekers.