BGIOP's Training Camp Report (8/3)

I don't mean to be a downer or anything, but the thought just occurred to me.

Could our O-Line's ineptitude be making our D-Line look awesome?

Or maybe our D-Line super awesomeness is making our O-Line look inept?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe our D-Line super awesomeness is making our O-Line look inept?

no, no, no, that cant be it because our dline is awful, none of them fit the 3-4 and the 2 rookies we got played at small schools, therefore, they cant step up to the competition level in the NFL.

The truth is that both lines are so bad that they make each other look good and bad at the same time while simultaneously being so inept that neither will be effective during the season. Also, the sky is falling and were all doomed, thanks. :blink::lol:

Great report! I had some things to do at home and also didn't want to melt in the hot, steamy day,..so I didn't go. I'm glad that someone went out in the sauna. Sounds like the DL keeps improving. Glad to hear. How did Chris Ellis look? I've been watching him quite a bit lately.

From where I was, I didn't see Trent complete much of anything. I wasn't around the QBs much for the individual drills but when it came to 7 on 7 and the final scrimmage, he did very little to move the ball. Basically the same thing we're all used to, lot of dump off passes.

no, no, no, that cant be it because our dline is awful, none of them fit the 3-4 and the 2 rookies we got played at small schools, therefore, they cant step up to the competition level in the NFL.

The mpl truth is that both lines are so bad that they make each other look good and bad at the same time while simultaneously being so inept that neither will be effective during the season. Also, the sky is falling and were all doomed, thanks. :blink::lol:

What the heck was that all about Bill. I haven't said a word in this thread and you throw that in there.

You should be ashamed of yourself. A classless act.

Guest dog14787
From where I was, I didn't see Trent complete much of anything. I wasn't around the QBs much for the individual drills but when it came to 7 on 7 and the final scrimmage, he did very little to move the ball. Basically the same thing we're all used to, lot of dump off passes.

Conflicting reports on TE, funny how one person see's TE one way while another person see's him in a totally different light.

Chan Gaileys offense will be allot more dump off friendly by design so Captain Checkdown/ Glove wearing Mary should feel right at home.

Folks need to remember, Trent Edwards plays against the starters and as the 2nd and 3rd string QB's roll in, normally the same goes for the defense. Aside from Evans, theres not much of a drop off in WR's in my opinion.

Thanks for the report BillsGuy :blink:

Conflicting reports on TE, funny how one person see's TE one way while another person see's him in a totally different light.

Chan Gaileys offense will be allot more dump off friendly by design so Captain Checkdown/ Glove wearing Mary should feel right at home.

Folks need to remember, Trent Edwards plays against the starters and as the 2nd and 3rd string QB's roll in, normally the same goes for the defense. Aside from Evans, theres not much of a drop off in WR's in my opinion.

Thanks for the report BillsGuy :blink:

We also don't know what the coaches called and were looking for? Neither report has all the facts. It also could be no body was open and therefore really it means the 1st string WR's suck. Any openings on 2nd and 3rd string is likely because the 2nd and 3rd string WR's were beating the 2nd and 3rd string DB's.

You've got to know all the factors. Plays called, personel, what the coahes were looking for...

Maybe dump offs was the thing Trent was required to practise...?

We need to be careful not to judge too much from one practise.

We also need to remind ourselves that THIS report differs significantly to Fluff's from the same practise.

From what I have been able to gather, every QB has had his ups and downs, but the others haven't yet shown enough to unseat TE.

"but, but, but duh... carrington played at a small school, and uh, so did troup, they cant possibly be good and kyle williams is too small, duhhhh, we're gonna suck, duh, i love the bills"

sorry, i was waiting for that response, glad to hear the DL is shaping up and brohm is looking better (aside from the snap exchange)

Troup played at UCF last time I checked that wasn't a small school.

That's exactly what I've seen. My friend who went to the night practice with me basically said that Trent looks like Trent. Still Captain Checkdown and he's gotten worse with how much he stares down the damn receivers. <_<

We also don't know what the coaches called and were looking for? Neither report has all the facts. It also could be no body was open and therefore really it means the 1st string WR's suck. Any openings on 2nd and 3rd string is likely because the 2nd and 3rd string WR's were beating the 2nd and 3rd string DB's.

You've got to know all the factors. Plays called, personel, what the coahes were looking for...

That's actually not true. A lot of times, they have the starting defense mixed in with backups and play them against the #2 offense, or #3 offense. It really depends on what they are working on in the drills.

Guest dog14787
That's exactly what I've seen. My friend who went to the night practice with me basically said that Trent looks like Trent. Still Captain Checkdown and he's gotten worse with how much he stares down the damn receivers. <_<

I just reread your reports Mike and it sounded like for the most part TE was operating the offense efficiently and it seems like (although I don't have the count) TE has made more successful long passes for TD's then any other QB on the Bills roster so far,

am I missing something here?

I just reread your reports Mike and it sounded like for the most part TE was operating the offense efficiently and it seems like (although I don't have the count) TE has made more successful long passes for TD's then any other QB on the Bills roster so far,

am I missing something here?

My reports are generally just play by play...I'll have to get more detailed in them...but throws that he's been making are usually the checkdown ones. He has had guys open downfield a few times and threw it to the RB or TE instead. The offense has been operating efficiently, but it's still the same short passes. I don't remember stating that he's made more long passes for TDs...i'll have to go back to my reports and check it out. It doesn't help that Brohm only gets 1 day as the backup and then the next day getting hardly any reps.

I'm not a Trent fan, never been one...but I will say this...it's obvious who Gailey wants to win the job, he's giving Trent more reps out of anyone else and this every other day crap is BS for the #2 spot, especially when Fitzpatrick has been as bad as he's been, IMO.

That's actually not true. A lot of times, they have the starting defense mixed in with backups and play them against the #2 offense, or #3 offense. It really depends on what they are working on in the drills.

Yes they will mix it up obviously. But, the #1 team is likely going against the #1 defense. And so on. '

Also, unless you're miked up (no pun intended) you don't know what they are working on and what the play calls are. Unless the coaches are yelling immediately at Trent for missing a wide open guy or at a receiver for running the wrong route you nor I will truely know.

My reports are generally just play by play...I'll have to get more detailed in them...but throws that he's been making are usually the checkdown ones. He has had guys open downfield a few times and threw it to the RB or TE instead. The offense has been operating efficiently, but it's still the same short passes. I don't remember stating that he's made more long passes for TDs...i'll have to go back to my reports and check it out. It doesn't help that Brohm only gets 1 day as the backup and then the next day getting hardly any reps.

I'm not a Trent fan, never been one...but I will say this...it's obvious who Gailey wants to win the job, he's giving Trent more reps out of anyone else and this every other day crap is BS for the #2 spot, especially when Fitzpatrick has been as bad as he's been, IMO.

Ahh....

Guest dog14787

Thanks for the reply Mike,

On the long ball TD's I meant more in general since the Bills started practicing,