Connecticut truck driver mass murderer playing race card

Passed thru the Merrillon train station where Colin Furgeson, who went to my college and I actually saw roaming the halls in the weeks before he gunned down several people, commited HIS crime due to what he called "black rage."

People go off for all kinds of batschitt reasons. Why does this shock you?

Bigotry is back in style it seems:

But even as the mayor called for the mosque to be embraced, those opposed to the project pledged to aggressively fight it, using both litigation and public pressure. A prominent Republican and foreign policy analyst said he was working with business, civic and political leaders to organize a campaign to persuade architects, contractors and donors to steer clear of the project. He said they would also aggressively scrutinize any donors who supported it.

The Republican, Daniel Senor, a former high-ranking official with the coalition government in Iraq, said that anybody who works with the center “needs to know there is going to be a real stigma associated with this project.”

“Do they really want to be involved with something so detrimental, that might set New York back?” he asked.

Lawyers representing a firefighter who survived 9/11 also said they would file a lawsuit on Wednesday to block the city’s approval.

The plan for the complex, which began as a local zoning dispute, has quickly snowballed into an intense national debate about the nature of Islam and the meaning of the Sept. 11 attacks.

National Republican leaders, like the former House speaker, Newt Gringrich, and Sarah Palin, the 2008 vice presidential nominee, assailed the proposal, calling it offensive. On Friday, the Anti-Defamation League, an influential Jewish civil rights???? group, declared its opposition, distressing many in the interfaith community.

Just disgusting! A stigma attached to who and what?

Have you read about what took place in the city of Cordoba, the true name of the center means Islamic culture? Do you know that the guy who is going to run the "mosque" fully supports the implementation of Sharia law in the United States? And who is financing the "mosque"? Do you know why their funding resourceis being kept hidden?

Of course not....its MUCH easier to skip all that readin' and learnin' stuff, see the names of those big bogyemen......the white christian heterosexual republican....and just yelll "RACISM!!!!!"

Mosques are often built at the scene of a Muslim victory. I wonder what victory it was that happened here? If you don't find that offensive then you are even a bigger a$$ than you have always shown to be.

Of course not....its MUCH easier to skip all that readin' and learnin' stuff, see the names of those big bogyemen......the white christian heterosexual republican....and just yelll "RACISM!!!!!"

I'm still waiting for liberals to find a way to pin all racism on Bush. You know it's just a matter of time.

Did you catch Obama telling an audience that Republicans are trying to "bamboozle" them? How long before some liberal whack job puts Obama's face on a of Spike Lee "Bamboozled" movie poster, and the cry of racism jumps to a new level? Just wait.

Too bad there isn't a "crayon" or "finger paint" option on this board. Then we could spell it out for you so you might be able to understand.

Do I have to explain? They have a right to build a mosque, but, they are being d-bags about it.

This is disrespectful. Period. It lacks class. Period. It is divisive. Period. It doesn't help anybody do anything, other then help this Imam be a d-bag. Period.

The funny part is: apparently you don't know NYC that well. (And before you say anything: last time, I told somebody they didn't know Chicago that well, and that it was corrupt. Of course the the d-bag ran his mouth and then Blago happened 2 weeks later <_<. Fair warning.)

That Mosque will be completed.....in 30 years.....maybe. God help the company that sings up to build it...they are going to lose, big time. In fact, they might not even be able to get a tri-state company to do the job, and it's f'ing over already if they bring in people from the outside.

When every construction worker keeps making "mistakes", provided that the union remembers to assign them, and doesn't have to pull them off the job for "worker safety" violations, when every piece of material keeps showing up broken/late/flawed, when every cop is "distracted" and doesn't stop the hooligans from stealing everything from the site that isn't secured with concrete, when every fireman in the city has a "garbled" radio call to come put out the fires that keep starting....yeah right, after all that is sorted out....then you will see that Mosque get built.

NYC is used to giving the finger, not getting it :D You are talking about uniting the entire town and giving them an opportunity to unleash one of the biggest collective "F U"s of all time, and revel in a massive amount of humor while they do it. That is irresistible, and little mayor "turtle without a shell" Bloomberg isn't going to be able to do a thing about it.

100 million dollars? Those dudes better plan on spending a billion.

We'll see if you can tell us what the word "stigma" means 5 years from now when they finally give up.

Too bad there isn't a "crayon" or "finger paint" option on this board. Then we could spell it out for you so you might be able to understand.

Do I have to explain? They have a right to build a mosque, but, they are being d-bags about it.

This is disrespectful. Period. It lacks class. Period. It is divisive. Period. It doesn't help anybody do anything, other then help this Imam be a d-bag. Period.

The funny part is: apparently you don't know NYC that well. (And before you say anything: last time, I told somebody they didn't know Chicago that well, and that it was corrupt. Of course the the d-bag ran his mouth and then Blago happened 2 weeks later <_<. Fair warning.)

That Mosque will be completed.....in 30 years.....maybe. God help the company that sings up to build it...they are going to lose, big time. In fact, they might not even be able to get a tri-state company to do the job, and it's f'ing over already if they bring in people from the outside.

When every construction worker keeps making "mistakes", provided that the union remembers to assign them, and doesn't have to pull them off the job for "worker safety" violations, when every piece of material keeps showing up broken/late/flawed, when every cop is "distracted" and doesn't stop the hooligans from stealing everything from the site that isn't secured with concrete, when every fireman in the city has a "garbled" radio call to come put out the fires that keep starting....yeah right, after all that is sorted out....then you will see that Mosque get built.

NYC is used to giving the finger, not getting it :D You are talking about uniting the entire town and giving them an opportunity to unleash one of the biggest collective "F U"s of all time, and revel in a massive amount of humor while they do it. That is irresistible, and little mayor "turtle without a shell" Bloomberg isn't going to be able to do a thing about it.

100 million dollars? Those dudes better plan on spending a billion.

We'll see if you can tell us what the word "stigma" means 5 years from now when they finally give up.

It'll be so f'd up that I doubt their compass will point the way to Mecca.

It'll be so f'd up that I doubt their compass will point the way to Mecca.

You know, as I just re-read that? That's what happens on regular construction jobs! <_< I can't even imagine what they will do on this one.

I just keep picturing all these "Frank Rizzo"s showing up and just doing nothing all day, and their cousins showing up at night and robbing the place blind. Never mind what the unions/mafia will do. It's a license to steal: who's going to give them a hard time? The cops? Nope. The FBI? Not a chance.

These tools have a right to do what they want, but, they don't have to be douchebags about it.

They are going to find out that other people have rights too, and they love being douchebags, especially if it's funny. :D

Have you read about what took place in the city of Cordoba, the true name of the center means Islamic culture? Do you know that the guy who is going to run the "mosque" fully supports the implementation of Sharia law in the United States? And who is financing the "mosque"? Do you know why their funding resourceis being kept hidden?

You are a complete idiot

nuff said

You know, as I just re-read that? That's what happens on regular construction jobs! <_< I can't even imagine what they will do on this one.

I just keep picturing all these "Frank Rizzo"s showing up and just doing nothing all day, and their cousins showing up at night and robbing the place blind. Never mind what the unions/mafia will do. It's a license to steal: who's going to give them a hard time? The cops? Nope. The FBI? Not a chance.

These tools have a right to do what they want, but, they don't have to be douchebags about it.

They are going to find out that other people have rights too, and they love being douchebags, especially if it's funny. :D

Normally, Id think yer NUTS for putting forth such a theory, but living in NYC my whole life and seeing the "speed" at which most construction projects get done.....Id say youre on to something.

Only problem with your theory is that commerical projects usually move at a good clip....its the municipal ones that ALWAYS experience the er..."problems" that you mention. This "mosque" would obviously fall under the commercial project scenario