Wang might need surgery

Bills head coach Chan Gailey said after practice that the injury that’s kept Ed Wang out of practice Monday, may also require surgery.

“Ed has something that they may have to operate on and it might take him out for quite a few weeks,” said Gailey. ”We’ll have to wait and see what the doctors say about that. That decision will be made tomorrow.”

Wang was out at practice this evening with a wrap on his right calf. No word as to whether that is in the injury that could require surgery. Gailey did say this is not related to his ankle injury suffered in the spring.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/02/w...t-need-surgery/

Batten also has a "fairly significant" shoulder injury.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/02/b...miss-some-time/

:lol:

The only amusing part of all of this is in Chris Brown's rush to get this news posted on his BB.com blog, he left in some pretty good misspellings.

“Danny hit his shoulder nad it’s a fairly significant injury and we’re going to have to look and see how long that takes for him to get back,” Gailey said.

Poor guy, I wouldnt want anyone to ever hit my shoulder nad.

Well that's football. But it seems we had just as many dinged-up players at Camp Jauron.

PTR

Its the lack of depth that is scaring the hell out of me right now. Not so much at LB but our Tackle position right now is god-awful, regardless of who starts. I know Wang was a rookie, but that now leaves us with Jamon Meredith and Nick Hennessey as our primary backups. Ugh.

I dont know what Levi Jones did to make people think he can't play in the NFL, maybe he re-injured his knee in the offseason and thats why everyone is staying away from the guy, but he was Washington's best O-Lineman over the last half of 2009 and has experience at LT. I'd at least bring him in for a visit and a physical, I"m amazed he's still a FA. At best, he'll start. At worst, he's depth.

THE WANG IS SOFT....sorry had to say it...He is going to be injury prone I'm afraid....

We've all heard the term limp D**K. Well, what if Wang hurts his leg and begins walking with a limp.

... or if he gets bruised

I remember Wang having some injury issues while @ VT also. I know that one time was an ACL. As far as the "injury bug" goes? It's biting alot of teams. I honestly didn't expect much from Batten or Wang this year, but hopefully our starters can stay healthy through camp. There are still some experienced FA guys that could serve as depth if we need to go that route.