x games thread

Pete

:worthy:

Count me among those who think X Games jumped the shark a long time ago.

I think that is actually an X Game.

And, let's be clear. These are stunts, not games.

I think that is actually an X Game.

And, let's be clear. These are stunts, not games.

And most of these stunts are driven by the laws of physics... One's just gotta have balls to mesh into those laws and "do your own thing."

They are risking their life doing what they do... So I guess the old Hemmingway (at least attributed to him) quote would apply... That these are "sports."

"There are only three sports: bullfightuing, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

What were the organizers thinking when they came up with the rally course? Which was my favorite event from the last few years.

You practice the course in one configuration, qualify in another, test again in the opposite direction, and the actual races are finally in the correct direction. Add onto that that you are not allowed to have a co-driver to give directions. Add onto that further, because the course is a complete clusterf*ck.

In one 2 minute race you have to make at least 8 hairpin turns on the same hillside. It's redundant and confusing. The "road" section of the course is a small circle completed in 4 seconds max.

Just now, (due to the HORRIBLE track design) two drivers were headed towards each other at full speed on the same side of the road.

Out of the 5-6 races so far, 1 (ONE!) has been completed. Seriously, scrap the competition, put together a sensible course, and rerun the whole event.

Rant/