Imagine if you will

Let's just say at the draft in 2009, Goodell went to the podium and said:

There has been a trade......the Bills have traded the 11th pick of the 2009 NFL draft to the Miami Dolphins for linebacker Reggie Torbor. The Dolphins have selected Aaron Maybinot, tweeting tweener, Penn State University.

This place would have gone absolutely bonkers. Crazy. Nutso.

Well, guess what?

That is basically what happened. Forget that there were about 253 better players than Maybinot available for us to pick. Let's just say, Maybinot was Miami's pick and we got Torbor. That is exactly what we have today with the exception that we got Torbor as a free agent and are still burdened with Maybinot's contract, tweets and locker room distractions. So at the time, everyone would have gone crazy but it would still have turned out better than what we have now because we would have shifted a burden to a rival.

The point is, it takes a couple of years to evaluate a draft so if next year the Bills trade their pick for say a backup LT from Cleveland, don't just call it a bad draft right away. It can always be worse.

He's 22 and super raw. He was drafted as a project player based on his potential and upside. He wasn't supposed to be an immediate contributor.

I just hope he works hard, has a good attitude and learns as much as he can from Bob Sanders. As hard as it is, we have to be patient with him.

He's 22 and super raw. He was drafted as a project player based on his potential and upside. He wasn't supposed to be an immediate contributor.

I just hope he works hard, has a good attitude and learns as much as he can from Bob Sanders. As hard as it is, we have to be patient with him.

works hard?: strike one

good attitude?: strike two

beaten out by Reggie Torbor: you guessed it.

Should we continue to be patient? Maybinot.

He sucks. Was a one year wonder in college that NEVER would have been on the field if not for the current starter not being able to play.

He is greatly undersized even for a LB and the ONLY reason he was taken so high is because of the two idiots Brandon and Jauron.

There have been no questions whatsoever about his work habits and attitude. It's his ability, and now his ability to play LB, that are questionable. We'll find out over the next couple of years.

Again, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Gailey is making him prove he warrants the starting nod. Here's a college one year wonder (thanks Jauron....you toad), and he's now having to learn a new position. I agree wholeheartedly that the Maybin pick highly questionable and desperate at best, but it may well take more than just a single mini camp for Maybin to learn the new position.

By the season's end, we should have a much better evaluation on whether this kid is going to "get it", or not. No excuses, just reality. If he has anything to offer, Gailey will find spots for him to contribute.

He sucks. Was a one year wonder in college that NEVER would have been on the field if not for the current starter not being able to play.

He is greatly undersized even for a LB and the ONLY reason he was taken so high is because of the two idiots Brandon and Jauron.

He's 6'4" 250lbs.

I'm not calling him a bust just yet.

Again, I wouldn't write him off just yet. Gailey is making him prove he warrants the starting nod. Here's a college one year wonder (thanks Jauron....you toad), and he's now having to learn a new position. I agree wholeheartedly that the Maybin pick highly questionable and desperate at best, but it may well take more than just a single mini camp for Maybin to learn the new position.

By the season's end, we should have a much better evaluation on whether this kid is going to "get it", or not. No excuses, just reality. If he has anything to offer, Gailey will find spots for him to contribute.

It would not shock me if he gets cut this offseason. I'm serious. If not now, then next August for sure. This front office and coaching staff are not tied to that pick and probably would be happy to just move on. All the kid does is run upfield and take himself out of plays.

There have been no questions whatsoever about his work habits and attitude. It's his ability, and now his ability to play LB, that are questionable. We'll find out over the next couple of years.

The Redskins of all people avoided drafting him because of his attitude and the tweeting tweener should abviously spend more time working that typing on a computer about parties.

No. They need to cut the cord. Give his reps to Arthur Moats.

The odds of him turning it around are really low. Doesn't have the physique and doesn't seem to have the capacity to learn the playbook.

He's 6'4" 250lbs.

I'm not calling him a bust just yet.

Maybin is less than 230 lbs, no matter how they list him. He looks more like James Hardy than any of the linebackers when you see him in real life. I was ten yards away from him at the summer open practice. Maybin is the size of a safety, but not a run stopping one, just a tall one.

Lennox Lewis was six five, 250. Do you think Maybin looks like Lennox Lewis?