Here is a hint Trent is the starter

I think brohm jumped to #2 and they want to give trent a fresh start, but come gameday, he will show the new coaches why he finished last yr on the bench. This will be brohms team by week 1.

Just my opinion

So you're speculating on tangible depth chart movements based on nothing more than what you want to happen? Okay, just checking.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...based on nothing at all, which is akin to basically what you want to happen. Super. Thanks for the input.

so trent didnt finish lat yr on the bench, is that what you are saying?

last season, trent did not play his way out of the starting lineup, thats what u are saying?

Cause thats what i based my statement on. Fewell wasnt tied to trent, and when he got control and trent didnt perform he pulled him, thats a fact. Its my opinion that trent will once again underperform, and be replaced, again, only this time by brohm.

I think Brohm not starting at the top is the right decision. It's up to Brohm to go out and prove it on the field that he deserves to be the #1 guy and not be handed anything. Beat the 2 guys in front of you and show your teammates that the job should be yours. I believe Gailey when he says he is going to go with the best player and is not tied to any one player.

GB doesn't get the opportunity to "match" the offer sheets. Guys on practice squads are not restricted and can sign with anyone at anytime. Buffalo offered and he accepted. GB had no pocker in the fire.

Yes, a team can make a counter-offer to a player on their PS (a player can accept any offer he wants), and according to some reports the Packers did just that. Here's one example:

http://m.courier-journal.com/news.jsp?key=...p;rc=sp&p=1

The Packers actually came to Brohm with a counteroffer after the Bills extended a deal, but the decision came down to playing opportunity. The Bills placed him on their active roster and cut Gibran Hamdan.

Here's another:

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2009/11/re...ille_quart.html

The Packers tried to counter-offer with the same two-year package and a newly-opened roster spot, but Brohm declined.

Here's a thought: maybe Brohm just isn't any good and a vast number of you have attached your hopes to him simply because of the projections and expectations for him coming out of school?

In a seven-on-seven drill, Brohm took fewer snaps than rookie project Levi Brown.

Here's a thought: maybe Brohm just isn't any good and a vast number of you have attached your hopes to him simply because of the projections and expectations for him coming out of school?
:flirt:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blo...tice-squad.html

Brohm sucks and for those that B word about Trents arm, Brohms probably isn't even as strong as noodle arm Fitz.

I mentioned in past threads Brohm didn't show great deep ball arm strength as his deep throws were under thrown and intercepted in that Atlanta game, probably why the Packers decided to put him on the practice squad in the first place.

Here is the link to the mentioned quote in the post above:

""In a seven-on-seven drill, Brohm took fewer snaps than rookie project Levi Brown. ""

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...-qb-nod-for-now

I wouldn't cry to long and hard over the pecking order at QB, the O line is still very suspect and no QB will last very long if Gailey starts calling for deep passing plays. Pretty sure all you Trent haters will get your chance to watch how Brohm performs this season.

Someone who (for whatever reason) wanted to justify this decision could make the following points in Trent's favor:

• Last season, Trent was still a young, developing QB.
  • Trent didn't have an offensive line last year.
  • Trent had no QB coach last year.
  • Trent had a first-year offensive coordinator who hadn't been given the offseason to prepare, and who was clearly in over his head.
  • Trent's go-to receiver was an aging Terrell Owens, who dropped a lot of passes.
  • Other QBs--most notably Drew Brees--have taken a step backward, only to then move forward.

The above list sounds great and all. But if Trent really was the next Drew Brees--or anything close--I'd expect to have seen a lot more from him last season than I did. Not necessarily in terms of output, but in terms of seeing multiple reads, reading defenses, stuff like that.

Maybe Brohm is as bad as some of the people on this thread have written. If so, Trent deserves one last shot at this, if only by default. But at this point, I think the Bills would be best-served by using a first round pick on the QB position in the 2011 draft.

BB=BUST IN GB, BUST IN BUFFALO, BUST IN NFL

Why do birds, suddenly appear

every time, Trent is near?

Just like 'bany, they long to

close to he.

Why do stars fall down from the sky

Every time Trent walks by?

Just like 'bany, they long to be

Close to he.

On the day that Trent was picked

Walsh and Marv got together

And decided to play a joke right here

So they sprinkled moon dust on his gloves of white

And headlight in his eyes of deer.

That is why fansboys in town

Follow him, though a clown.

Close to he.

On the day that Trent was picked

Walsh and Marv got together

And decided to play a joke right here

So they sprinkled moon dust on his gloves of white

And headlight in his eyes of deer.

That is why fansboys in town

Follow him, though a clown.

Close to he.

Just like 'bany (Just like 'bany)

They long to be

Close to you.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, close to he.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, close to he.

Hahhhhhhhhhhh, close to he.

Lahhhhhhhhhhh, close to he.

Someone who (for whatever reason) wanted to justify this decision could make the following points in Trent's favor:
  • Last season, Trent was still a young, developing QB.
  • Trent didn't have an offensive line last year.
  • Trent had no QB coach last year.
  • Trent had a first-year offensive coordinator who hadn't been given the offseason to prepare, and who was clearly in over his head.
  • Trent's go-to receiver was an aging Terrell Owens, who dropped a lot of passes.
  • Other QBs--most notably Drew Brees--have taken a step backward, only to then move forward.

The above list sounds great and all. But if Trent really was the next Drew Brees--or anything close--I'd expect to have seen a lot more from him last season than I did. Not necessarily in terms of output, but in terms of seeing multiple reads, reading defenses, stuff like that.

Maybe Brohm is as bad as some of the people on this thread have written. If so, Trent deserves one last shot at this, if only by default. But at this point, I think the Bills would be best-served by using a first round pick on the QB position in the 2011 draft.

Agreed, and I might add as I have said before, Trent does not have proper throwing mechanics. His mechanics, which are like a person shot putting the ball, will not allow him to be a long term viable option. He is limited in his ability to throw deep because of mechanics, and his penchant to go with the short game way to much allows other teams to easily figure him out and therefor have good gameplans to throw at him. He is what he is and that is average at best because at this stage of the game I don't think he could change his throwing mechanics. Trent is not the answer and once he is done as a Bill he will be out of the league.