Here is a hint Trent is the starter

Hmm.

GB spent a '08 #2 to buy his services, then waived him in Sept. '09 and signed him to the practice squad. There he sat un-plucked until the last week of November. BUF bit, and GB declined to match the offer, preferring to retain 7th rounder Matt Flynn.

That's not a ringing endorsement. Brohm has a lot to prove.

GB did indeed match the offer sheet, Brohm chose buffalo.

regardless he does have a lot to prove, almost as much as trent.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think brohm jumped to #2 and they want to give trent a fresh start, but come gameday, he will show the new coaches why he finished last yr on the bench. This will be brohms team by week 1.

I know this is total conjecture/horseshit, but I have to ask the question: "...based on?"

The short, or the long throws? Anyone attempting a long throw protected by BUF's rookie/injured OL last season, waiting for a receiver to motor down

field, was split seconds away from being splattered. That would rattle my throws.

Come on. The line was bad, but Fitzy didn't even complete 56% of his passes. That's abysmal.

Apparently Brohm said that Trent is (currently) the starter and he and Fitz will rotate as backups.

Which is the logical scenario until the starter flops or one of the B/U's outplays him. Which is, after all, what preseason is for, methinks.

Apparently Brohm said that Trent is (currently) the starter and he and Fitz will rotate as backups.

That reminds me of 2004 when Joe Lieberman was running for president and came in fifth in the NH primary are gave a speech where he claimed to be ecstatic about being "just where we want - tied for third!" If Brohm's making the comment, it sounds like it's damage control. If he can't at least leapfrog Fitzy on this pathetic depth chart his career really is just about over. He undoubtedly realizes this.

Which is the logical scenario until the starter flops or one of the B/U's outplays him. Which is, after all, what preseason is for, methinks.

Pretty much. Sounded like Trent is 1, Fitz 2a, and Brohm 2b. Not 1, 2, 3.

Not much drama here and the PFT article states the obvious but very succinctly. We'd all love to see a new exciting QB in town. But the FO had it's reasons for not doing that. And the only way that makes sense is to see if Trent has it in him. We'll know soon enough.

GB did indeed match the offer sheet, Brohm chose buffalo.

regardless he does have a lot to prove, almost as much as trent.

GB doesn't get the opportunity to "match" the offer sheets. Guys on practice squads are not restricted and can sign with anyone at anytime. Buffalo offered and he accepted. GB had no pocker in the fire.

And only a moron could make a mistake like that? You sound like a SF Bay Area native, and that's not a compliment.

You ever hear of a "Cardinal" tree? And I'm sure there are plenty of SF Bay Area native's on this board, myself included, who really appreciate your broad generalization of a group of people based entirely on the locale in which they live or lived.

If you want to attack something I said, fine. If you want to attack me, that's fine, too. I'm a grown man, I can deal with that. Just lose the anonymous blogosphere balls and stop insulting an entire region, jackhole.

Pretty much. Sounded like Trent is 1, Fitz 2a, and Brohm 2b. Not 1, 2, 3.

I think Gailey will rotate all 3 during camp to decide who gets the nod for starting preseason. He'll also have a good idea of 2a & 2b (or not 2b.....hep me lawdy momma) by the end of preseason. #1 guy gets to show his stuff in preseason games & only if he flops will Gailey trot out 2a & b. Winner of a vs b would get #1 and former #1 would get backup status.

Of course, all of the above + $1 will get you a cuppa joe, no tip.

You ever hear of a "Cardinal" tree? And I'm sure there are plenty of SF Bay Area native's on this board, myself included, who really appreciate your broad generalization of a group of people based entirely on the locale in which they live or lived.

If you want to attack something I said, fine. If you want to attack me, that's fine, too. I'm a grown man, I can deal with that. Just lose the anonymous blogosphere balls and stop insulting an entire region, jackhole.

The true irony that you don't realize is that the poster you corrected wasn't even being serious.

And by the way, you're complaining about somebody using internet muscles after you called a guy a moron for not knowing an obscure fact.

The true irony that you don't realize is that the poster you corrected wasn't even being serious.

I've been around long enough to know that crayonz is never serious. Maybe in the future I will need to frame my comments with "sarcasm, and /sarcasm" so as not to confuse people.

And as for the further explanation I provided, I just thought that a little bit of history on the genesis of the Stanford name, logo and mascot just *might* be interesting to somebody.