Prime minister: France is at war against al-Qaida

Booster4324

AP - PARIS - Update - This is a breaking news story. France has surrended to al-Qaida.

AP - PARIS – France is "at war" with al-Qaida and will step up efforts to fight its North African offshoot after it executed a French hostage in the Sahara, Prime Minister Francois Fillon said Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100727/ap_on_...l_qaida_hostage

French agents sink Rainbow Warrior, surrender to neighborhood watch.

Yes, you read that right...not New Zealand, not even Greenpeace. French agents captured by a bunch of portly middle-aged guys playing rent-a-cop. :blush:

That was like an elite French team too. Not run of the mill soldiers, Special Forces types and secret agents. To be fair, I suppose they might have got away with it if the Greenpeace guys hadn't rushed back onto a ship that just had a huge explosion. The guy who died, a photographer, went back for his cameras.

0:)

But of course.

There are all these little blue things after most of the statements. They are footnotes to the links to back up the article. If they do not have one, perhaps take it with a larger grain of salt than you do any one individual link. Food for thought perhaps.

i've not been on TBD for about 4 months and the day after i come back i have to read those eternal bad jokes...

great...

:blink:

is it too much to ask once in a while for a little respect for the french military guys currently fighting with US forces in Afghanistan?

Is too much to ask for a little respect for the french special forces fighting the war vs terrorism with the US and their allies in Africa, the Middle East, Asia?

Is too much to ask for a little respect for guys like my Grand Father who fought the war vs the Nazis in 1940 ? I don't know why he should not have that respect because he fought that war during a period when the allies were defeated... 55 years after those battles he still had tears and anger in his eyes when he was talking about them... There is no second class veterans.

English vets who were at Dunkirk never hear those "dropped rifles jokes"...

i've not been on TBD for about 4 months and the day after i come back i have to read those eternal bad jokes...

great...

:blink:

is it too much to ask once in a while for a little respect for the french military guys currently fighting with US forces in Afghanistan?

Is too much to ask for a little respect for the french special forces fighting the war vs terrorism with the US and their allies in Africa, the Middle East, Asia?

Is too much to ask for a little respect for guys like my Grand Father who fought the war vs the Nazis in 1940 ? I don't know why he should not have that respect because he fought that war during a period when the allies were defeated... 55 years after those battles he still had tears and anger in his eyes when he was talking about them... There is no second class veterans.

English vets who were at Dunkirk never hear those "dropped rifles jokes"...

My apologies, Olivier. :worthy: