Incognito should be a Bill

Shoulda, woulda, coulda; but the oline would be less of a topic if we kept the guy who started two days after coming here and played fairly well. He would have been cheaper and healthier than Pitts. Another one of those things where you're not sure of the direction that seems right before you but is not taken advantage of but makes you hope and say things in your head like "oh, they know what they are doing". Their track record isn't so promising though.

Nobody but Miami offered him a contract. The contract they gave him has a $25,000 signing bonus. I have never heard of a signing bonus that low for a veteran player. That's a contract the team set up so they can dump him with no cap problems if they have to. It is no sure thing he won't be cut before the season starts.

If Incognito is so great then why did the Rams cut him and the Bills refuse to re-sign him? Both of those teams need lineman and I don't think it's idiocy that led to him being cut by both teams. This Incognito stuff is way overblown. The guy has a real problem that teams see very warily. Miami was willing to take a chance on him but for a very small price.

BTW, for a point of reference the Bills seventh round pick OT Kyle Calloway got a $61,000 signing bonus. That's more than double what Incognito got from the Phins.

Let it go the guy is not someone any teams feel comfortable with. JMO

He was the best lineman we put on the field last year.

That's like being the tallest midget.

By the way, Levitre was the best lineman last year. Wood might have been if he played all season, definitely tons better than Incognito.

Nobody but Miami offered him a contract. The contract they gave him has a $25,000 signing bonus. I have never heard of a signing bonus that low for a veteran player. That's a contract the team set up so they can dump him with no cap problems if they have to. It is no sure thing he won't be cut before the season starts.

If Incognito is so great then why did the Rams cut him and the Bills refuse to re-sign him? Both of those teams need lineman and I don't think it's idiocy that led to him being cut by both teams. This Incognito stuff is way overblown. The guy has a real problem that teams see very warily. Miami was willing to take a chance on him but for a very small price.

BTW, for a point of reference the Bills seventh round pick OT Kyle Calloway got a $61,000 signing bonus. That's more than double what Incognito got from the Phins.

Can't vouch for the guy, obviously, but on one of these boards, some guy said he met Incognito and his wife at a restaurant in ... I'm thinking it was St. Louis ... after the season, and that Incognito was very cool, but said he hated Buffalo. Again, I can't vouch for the guy, but it was a very convincing post. So that might be part of the reason.

The guy has a real problem that teams see very warily. Miami was willing to take a chance on him but for a very small price.

I have a dim memory of comments about him before he was drafted.

I really like Ritchie. He has the physical skills to be a probowler at his position. Unfortunately the kids a lunatic. Not what Chan and Buddy are looking to build on I suppose.

I think it's a 100% team chemistry reason. the bills are very decisive with what kind of players they want to build with....cognito is simply not good enough to ignore his many blemishes. you gotta do wehat you think is right.....

GO BILLS!

I like Incognito as well, but there's no way we can know all of the dynamics involved in a decision like this. We just have to trust that they made the right choice. It'd be nice if they started repaying that trust a little bit.