Bills -3.5 @ Miami

soljc

The Bills should win the game, but I sure don't like laying 3.5 on the road, particularly after a road win last week.

Otherwise, I don't care how many points the Pats lay, but I like 'em against a beat up and demoralized Browns team. Also like the Chargers -3. Thoughts?

NE is -10.5 @ Cleveland, not sure where you got 7.5?

As usual, I would stay away from the Bills this week. If forced to make a pick I'd take the Bills using this season's "don't pick the underdog unless you think they can win the game outright" trend - but you can't like that 3.5 spread.

I like Baltimore -6.5 vs. Cincy.

My best bet would be Washington -2 vs. the Giants. The Skins defense has been great, and they're going against a rookie QB making his 1st road start. If you shut down Barber - which I think they will - the Gints have no chance offensively. The Giants only won the 1st meeting by 6 points at home despite 6 turnovers by the Redskins including a defensive TD on a Portis fumble. That was possibly the least impressive victory in the history of the league.

I've heard people say "classic" trap game every week so far.

Whatever...

The Bills will win by AT LEAST 14 points.

This from the biggest pessimist you'll ever meet.

144055[/snapback]

Damn stevestojan...you have turned over a new leaf!!!!

I hope you are right.

Damn stevestojan...you have turned over a new leaf!!!!

I hope you are right.

144067[/snapback]

I havn't turned a new leaf at all. If we were playing the Patriots - hell, if we were playing the Bengals - I wouldnt be this confident.

I have the pleasure of living in South Florida and getting to watch the Dolphins every week. Their offense is so god damn bad that I'd almost (read: almost) watch the WNBA. I mean, our defense is pretty frigging good. There is NO WAY the Bills let up more than 14 to this team. NO WAY. MARK IT DOWN, GUARENTEED. And Sammy Morris isn't playing this week.

Now, Miami's D is a deflated bunch. They are very good, but how much punishment can they take? Z Thomas is OUT. That is nothign but good news for Willis and Drew. Tony Bua is also out, who is a rookie, and could have been a backup. Their LB position is pretty frigging thin - especially since Junior is OUT.

This could be a 40+ point day for the Bills.

Honest prediction:

Buffalo 31

Miami 9

I've heard people say "classic" trap game every week so far.

Whatever...

The Bills will win by AT LEAST 14 points.

This from the biggest pessimist you'll ever meet.

144055[/snapback]

I sure hope so, and I would predict as much on a message board.

But if you're talking about laying $$$ down,

I don't trust Drew Bledsoe to win a meaningful road game against a bitter divisional rival, regardless of their record.

I sure hope so, and I would predict as much on a message board.

But if you're talking about laying $$$ down,

I don't trust Drew Bledsoe to win a meaningful road game against a bitter divisional rival, regardless of their record.

144090[/snapback]

Believe me Rico, I will be laying down some loot. And I usually don't bet the Bills. But, this week I am, and VERY confident about it.

In my pool I'm taking:

Buff -3.5

NE -7.5

NO -1

Auburn -13

Navy -13

You have to pick 2 college games, 2 pro games and another game from either college or pro that counts twice as much (Best Bet). We have 15 guys in the pool with an entry fee of $200 (amounts to about $10/week). There's a college bowl round and a pro playoff round too. We use Danny Sheridan's Tuesday lines. The payout is: 1st - $1800, 2nd - $800, and 3rd - $400.

It's a good way to gamble but limit your losses for us. It also proves that betting is a difficult task. Not that it really stops any of us from making other bets. Im currently in 5th place, but two guys have really distanced themselves from the field. The bowl and playoff rounds are worth a lot, so I still have a decent chance at some money.

Believe me Rico, I will be laying down some loot. And I usually don't bet the Bills. But, this week I am, and VERY confident about it.

144100[/snapback]

I'm with you Steves, put 2 bills on Buff -3.5, should be a blowout. Miami may not score on offense. Buffalo will score three TD's, maybe more.

Well, thankfully I didn't bet the Baltimore game, but get this: 4 game teaser in my office pool. Have to go 4-for-4 and you cash in 10X your bet.

I took the Skins, Lions, Pats, and Jags. I ask my co-worker change for a $20 so I can bet my usual $10. He says: "What do I look like a change machine?" OK fine, I'll put down a pultry $2 since it was Friday afternoon and I couldn't wait to leave the office. So now I'm cashing out $20 instead of $100. ;)

Fortunately I did win a separate bet on the Skins. Talk about an early Christmas gift. Still can't get over a rookie QB making his 1st road start against the best defense in the conference and the line was +2.