Who Will Surprise (in a GOOD way)

Just curious, who do you guys think will be surprisingly good this year. Here are a few guys I think are candidates:

Eric Wood - I think he's going to come back with a vengeance.

Steve Johnson - May end up our #2 receiver.

Reggie Corner - May end up our #2 cornerback.

Thoughts?

I doubt Corner is the number 2 CB....we just have a ton of good players at that spot.

I think Kyle Williams will be a better nose than people think....This could be an area of strength if Troup holds his own...Kyle will make more plays in the backfield, Troup will be the classic space eater in a perfect world.

I think Maybin will surprise a lot of people this year since he will most likely be a starting OLB with shobel most likely retiring, he was out of place in Jauron's half-assed defense last year.

I hope you are right, I didn't agree him as a draft pick but if he can develop into a starting 3 down OLB that would justify the pick. I am hoping that Shawn Nelson is the real deal at TE and surprises, he could be a real asset given our QB situation, no better security blanket than a pass catching TE that can find the seems in a defense. Nelson should have more room to move with our RB trifecta and hopefully some good play action calls.

Just curious, who do you guys think will be surprisingly good this year. Here are a few guys I think are candidates:

Thoughts?

Three 3rd year guys who ought to be ready to turn the corner: James Hardy, Demitrius Bell, and Steve Johnson.

Thoughts?

Corner might end up being the #2 CB, but if that happens I doubt it will be a good thing. Nothing against Corner, but there are guys in front of him with more talent who should stay there unless they are injured.

Thoughts?

I'm expecting Wood to bring out the lumber and Explode on people. I think he'll be the exception to how some athletes recover and he will come out with a vengeance and demolish peeps. Just my prediction.

Biggest Surprise: Edwards. (Note: This could be the biggest positive surprise or the biggest "holy s*&t he's awful"! surprise")

Biggest Disappointment: Spiller

I hope, I really hope that Edwards can be resurrected considering what Chan has been able to do with average qb's in the past.

First order of business tho is to take Edwards to surgery and insert brass ballz. If he is to succeed he NEEDS to become a leader that the other players are willing to Follow to the ends of the earth.

I think George Wilson will emerge as a better safety than Whitner, and one of the best in the league. I think Batten and Carrington will stand out as rookies. And, I could see Easley really lighting it up this year, as well. Spiller is a lock to electrify. I could say McKelvin and Shawn Nelson, too. There are so many players falling under the radar that competent play from both squads will surprise everyone, but those guys especially, I think, will have a good year.

This is a tough question. This roster has been absolutely littered with guys that have lots of talent on paper but have shown nothing due to coaching. Guys on defense like Maybin, McKelvin, and Whitner are ready to explode, especially Donte. On offense, you have every guy who has ever played O-line, tight ends, quarterback, oh hell, basically everyone. I'd like to see Edwards finally succeed. Lynch is much better than what he showed last year. Do we even have tight ends? IF they're utilized, they can be an asset.

There's so many players, I'm going to expand on PTR's though and go with the whole coaching staff. I think that we will finally all see this season that this is a professional football team rather than a bunch of disappointments and fuzzy memories of greatness.

I think the biggest surprise is going to be M. Lynch. I think the beast mode comes back to his rookie form. I am not writing him off.

I agree with Edwards and Lynch being reborn under Chan - he has been good at using multiple diverse backs and I think Trent will at least be competent in the new system. I still think we will go 4-12 which will be a good thing - high draft pick while we take a season to get used to the 3-4