Another Obama Administration racist

I think that it is what makes it funny.

I'll tell you what's lost in all of this; to paraphrase The Penquin, Andrew Breitbart is playing the left like a fiddle from hell. What makes it funny is that when he releases this kind of stuff, he does it with predictable reactions in mind.

Look at the Acorn videos. He releases one, Acorn people got spun up, denied it, claimed it was fake, started calling it an isolated incident that was not representative of the good people of ACORN, and just when it's shouted down and, subsequently, ignored by the MSM, he releases another. Now they're confused, but they still defend themselves, and the MSM still ignores it, so he releases another. Now he has them thinking "Jesus, how many videos does this guy have." You can only imagine the craziness that had to be taking place in ACORN alone, reaching out to see if anyone else worked with the pimp and whore.

Now consider this new video; he KNEW what Sherrod was saying and the context of her statement. He didn't release the video to get the woman fired. He released it because, again, he saw the predictable reactions. He knew NAACP would trip over themselves to denounce this person first without thinking it through. I think the WH harrassment and Glen Beck comments were just icing to him. This was never about Sherrod to Breitbart. It was about the NAACP. And he completely embarrassed them by thinking three steps forward.

Great stuff.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what's lost in all of this; to paraphrase The Penquin, Andrew Breitbart is playing the left like a fiddle from hell.

Actually, the Penguin's phrase was "Gotta admit, I've played this stinkin' city... like a harp from hell!"

How do I remember this, but I lose track while counting cups of flour in the dough recipe at 4?

(Sorry to be all nitpick-y.)

Actually, the Penguin's phrase was "Gotta admit, I've played this stinkin' city... like a harp from hell!"

How do I remember this, but I lose track while counting cups of flour in the dough recipe at 4?

(Sorry to be all nitpick-y.)

Weigh your flour, it's easier.

I'll tell you what's lost in all of this; to paraphrase The Penquin, Andrew Breitbart is playing the left like a fiddle from hell. What makes it funny is that when he releases this kind of stuff, he does it with predictable reactions in mind.

Look at the Acorn videos. He releases one, Acorn people got spun up, denied it, claimed it was fake, started calling it an isolated incident that was not representative of the good people of ACORN, and just when it's shouted down and, subsequently, ignored by the MSM, he releases another. Now they're confused, but they still defend themselves, and the MSM still ignores it, so he releases another. Now he has them thinking "Jesus, how many videos does this guy have." You can only imagine the craziness that had to be taking place in ACORN alone, reaching out to see if anyone else worked with the pimp and whore.

Now consider this new video; he KNEW what Sherrod was saying and the context of her statement. He didn't release the video to get the woman fired. He released it because, again, he saw the predictable reactions. He knew NAACP would trip over themselves to denounce this person first without thinking it through. I think the WH harrassment and Glen Beck comments were just icing to him. This was never about Sherrod to Breitbart. It was about the NAACP. And he completely embarrassed them by thinking three steps forward.

Great stuff.

So Sherrod was just collateral damage in the great fight against the evil NAACP? How noble of him. What Breitbart did to that woman was despicable. His only spin now is that he didn't know that he was only given the edited content, which we all know is BS. Have you watched the unedited video? Maybe if you did, you might realize what a POS this guy is.

So Sherrod was just collateral damage in the great fight against the evil NAACP? How noble of him. What Breitbart did to that woman was despicable. His only spin now is that he didn't know that he was only given the edited content, which we all know is BS. Have you watched the unedited video? Maybe if you did, you might realize what a POS this guy is.

What Brietbart did was dispicable? He didn't fire her. What the White House did was despicable. Another knee jerk reaction by that amature hour of an administration. Pathetic. Maybe the WH should have watched the unedited video or ask Sherrod in to explain herself.

Care to comment on this?

And that wasnt some third rate blogger like AB, that was a MAJOR NEWS OUTLET.

But let me guess....."that situation was different."

Libs...the KINGS of hysterical third rate internet blog mudslinging are now all pissy over Breitbart. !@#$ing absolutely comical.

I'll never understand why the absolute FIRST things liberals do when their ideology is caught with its pants down is start yelling about the person who pulled down their pants.

I'll never understand why the absolute FIRST things liberals do when their ideology is caught with its pants down is start yelling about the person who pulled down their pants.

The WH F'd up...that much is clear. But I will say that I understand why they moved quickly. Breitbart's video fooled a lot of people. Most people take a cursory look at what is presented to them and react. If it was reported that the White House was investigating the issue and attempting to contact Sherrod to get her side of the story, there would have been cries for blood. People would go nuts that a black woman who appears to have made an overtly racist statement was being treated with kid gloves.

They pulled the trigger too soon and rightfully look stupid now. But I imagine the pressure to respond swiftly and harshly as not to create a perception that they were sitting on their hands was very strong. Still doesn't excuse them.

Your defense of , and even PRAISE for Breitbart for his "thinking ahead" is crazy. The guy is totally in the wrong and he did a slimy, underhanded thing to further an agenda. He can either claim he didn't know the video was longer ( :rolleyes: ) and in that case he acted with extreme recklessness. Or he can claim he did know and did it anyway to make a point, in which case he is a POS.

Blaming the WH and Breitbart are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to pick one or the other. Don't defend the indefensible.

The WH F'd up...that much is clear. But I will say that I understand why they moved quickly. Breitbart's video fooled a lot of people. Most people take a cursory look at what is presented to them and react. If it was reported that the White House was investigating the issue and attempting to contact Sherrod to get her side of the story, there would have been cries for blood. People would go nuts that a black woman who appears to have made an overtly racist statement was being treated with kid gloves.

They pulled the trigger too soon and rightfully look stupid now. But I imagine the pressure to respond swiftly and harshly as not to create a perception that they were sitting on their hands was very strong. Still doesn't excuse them.

Your defense of , and even PRAISE for Breitbart for his "thinking ahead" is crazy. The guy is totally in the wrong and he did a slimy, underhanded thing to further an agenda. He can either claim he didn't know the video was longer ( :rolleyes: ) and in that case he acted with extreme recklessness. Or he can claim he did know and did it anyway to make a point, in which case he is a POS.

Blaming the WH and Breitbart are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to pick one or the other. Don't defend the indefensible.

Breitbart has egg on his face, as does Fox, the WH, etc. That is true and even me.....right wing hack... admits that.

But the left, who uses this type of crap as their stock in trade, who uses as a MAIN TACTIC taking people like Limbaugh out of context (how much traction did they get taking Limbaugh's "I hope he fails" out of context, huh?), to now get hysterical about breitbart doing it is an absolute joke.

Don't defend the indefensible.

I don't defend WHAT he did, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate HOW he did it. I've always been a fan of creative thinking since I was six-years-old and first got duped into picking the Old Maid card because the card next to it was sticking up a little. Some of my favorite football plays are the one that completely dupes the defense into thinking one thing while they do another; whether it was Marino's fake-spike against the Jets or Manning walking off the field yelling at someone on the sidelines while the center snaps direct to a running back as the defense is standing around waiting for Manning to call time out. I completely fell for "The Sixth Sense" and loved Keyser Soze.

Breitbart posted that video KNOWING that the everyone from the media right up to the CIC would be standing around thinking the ball was being spiked.

Again, if you can spend just a silly second not focusing on WHAT was done but HOW it was done, you'll stop seeing what you want to see and understand the point I'm trying to make.

Not to mention that, again, the narrative being played out here being very telling. When this is over, people won't remember Breitbart and how the video got released any more than they remember the name of the Cambridge officer who "acted stupidly" or the name of the Senator who fought to ensure the Health Care Bill wouldn't fund abortions in spite of the fact that it currently does. They'll remember the person who was supposed to be in charge of an administration that was the common thread through it all; the stumbling, fumbling, bumbling goofballs who take incompetence to a new level.

Breitbart has egg on his face, as does Fox, the WH, etc. That is true and even me.....right wing hack... admits that.

But the left, who uses this type of crap as their stock in trade, who uses as a MAIN TACTIC taking people like Limbaugh out of context (how much traction did they get taking Limbaugh's "I hope he fails" out of context, huh?), to now get hysterical about breitbart doing it is an absolute joke.

Your first sentence should be what everyone admits, right wing hacks, left wing hacks, Glenn Beck to Keith Olbermann.

And it should be said without caveats like your second sentence.

This situation is a great instance where multiple parties covering the full political spectrum managed to all look stupid. The WH looks stupid, Breitbart looks stupid, the NAACP looks stupid and people who defend one side look stupid.

I don't speak for the left or right or anyone else. I do hope that what people learn from this is that what Sherrod said was okay. It might have been difficult to hear, but it is reality and it's not something people need to go crazy over. Branding her a racist to further a separate agenda was damaging. Just as it is every time racism is unfairly attached to an issue.

This administration has no balls. That is the biggest thing that bugs me about them.

I don't defend WHAT he did, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate HOW he did it.

Great stuff.

When you say "GREAT STUFF" after explaining WHAT he did, you can see how it might be construed that you are defending his actions, not his method, no?

Breitbart posted that video KNOWING that the everyone from the media right up to the CIC would be standing around thinking the ball was being spiked.

Again, if you can spend just a silly second not focusing on WHAT was done but HOW it was done, you'll stop seeing what you want to see and understand the point I'm trying to make.

What is it you think I want to see? And I'm really not trying to be argumentative, but I don't understand this distinction of WHAT and HOW. How do you parse this into separate issues? If someone does a ****ty thing, you can still appreciate the way they delivered it? What does that even mean?

If anything HOW Breitbart went about completing his goal was embarrassing. His mission was to discredit the NAACP and their cries of racism in the Tea Party (at least that's what he claimed publicly). I have no problem with that. But instead of getting good evidence, he released an edited video and labeled it as something it wasn't. Yes, he was able to make the WH and NAACP look stupid. But at what cost? He damaged his own credibility and gave the NAACP an excuse to try to turn this back on the Tea Party. It was like the LAPD manufacturing evidence against OJ...unnecessary, despicable and counterproductive.

When you say "GREAT STUFF" after explaining WHAT he did, you can see how it might be construed that you are defending his actions, not his method, no?

What is it you think I want to see? And I'm really not trying to be argumentative, but I don't understand this distinction of WHAT and HOW. How do you parse this into separate issues? If someone does a ****ty thing, you can still appreciate the way they delivered it? What does that even mean?

If anything HOW Breitbart went about completing his goal was embarrassing. His mission was to discredit the NAACP and their cries of racism in the Tea Party (at least that's what he claimed publicly). I have no problem with that. But instead of getting good evidence, he released an edited video and labeled it as something it wasn't. Yes, he was able to make the WH and NAACP look stupid. But at what cost? He damaged his own credibility and gave the NAACP an excuse to try to turn this back on the Tea Party. It was like the LAPD manufacturing evidence against OJ...unnecessary, despicable and counterproductive.

In the last part of the video that Breitbart posted, Sherrod admits the lesson she learned from her experience; being poor isn't about being black or white. Everyone missed it. They were all too busy reacting to what they initially heard, and tripping over themselves to do something other than what they should have done in the first place; pick up on her last comments, go back, review the entire speech, and THEN react.

Breitbart could have easily edited that last portion out, but he didn't. That was part of the rope-a-dope. I don't think Breitbart is a stupid man. He knew what was going to happen, just like he knew what would happen if he only released one ACORN video instead of all of them at once. That is what I'm talking about. He anticipated how people would react and they didn't disappoint. And for what it's worth, he didn't make the WH and NAACP look stupid. They did that all on their own, and I maintain that he KNEW they would, and that thinking is what I found to be great stuff.

Realizing that Andrew Breitbart has an agenda and that WHAT he did was stupid is indisputable. I wouldn't call his kind "a dime a dozen," but politically speaking, you can't act like WHAT he did was ground-breaking or new. This type of crap happens all the time; it's just that this time it was started by a guy on the right against a group on the left.

But as the dust settles and Breitbart climbs back into his cave until the next video is released, the world will forget Breitbart for a while, but will continue to remember that they watched the WH make fools of themselves yet again, and that is a narrative that simply seems to be never-ending.

In the last part of the video that Breitbart posted, Sherrod admits the lesson she learned from her experience; being poor isn't about being black or white. Everyone missed it. They were all too busy reacting to what they initially heard, and tripping over themselves to do something other than what they should have done in the first place; pick up on her last comments, go back, review the entire speech, and THEN react.

Breitbart could have easily edited that last portion out, but he didn't. That was part of the rope-a-dope. I don't think Breitbart is a stupid man. He knew what was going to happen, just like he knew what would happen if he only released one ACORN video instead of all of them at once. That is what I'm talking about. He anticipated how people would react and they didn't disappoint. And for what it's worth, he didn't make the WH and NAACP look stupid. They did that all on their own, and I maintain that he KNEW they would, and that thinking is what I found to be great stuff.

Realizing that Andrew Breitbart has an agenda and that WHAT he did was stupid is indisputable. I wouldn't call his kind "a dime a dozen," but politically speaking, you can't act like WHAT he did was ground-breaking or new. This type of crap happens all the time; it's just that this time it was started by a guy on the right against a group on the left.

But as the dust settles and Breitbart climbs back into his cave until the next video is released, the world will forget Breitbart for a while, but will continue to remember that they watched the WH make fools of themselves yet again, and that is a narrative that simply seems to be never-ending.

I gotcha.

I don't think he is stupid either. But I do think he underestimated how this would turn around and make Sherrod into a martyr. I think his initial plan was to expose the NAACP as having racists among their ranks. In order to do that, he had to paint Sherrod as a racist.

I do think that the WH comes out looking the worst of everyone. They jumped the gun and paid the price.

But I'd really, really like to believe that had they actually done the right thing (waited to get all the facts, talked to Sherrod, talked to other people involved) that they would not have been tarred and feathered as racist-apologizers in the mean time.

I'm not so sure though.

I gotcha.

I don't think he is stupid either. But I do think he underestimated how this would turn around and make Sherrod into a martyr. I think his initial plan was to expose the NAACP as having racists among their ranks. In order to do that, he had to paint Sherrod as a racist.

I do think that the WH comes out looking the worst of everyone. They jumped the gun and paid the price.

But I'd really, really like to believe that had they actually done the right thing (waited to get all the facts, talked to Sherrod, talked to other people involved) that they would not have been tarred and feathered as racist-apologizers in the mean time.

I'm not so sure though.

And that is why I think this administration has no balls. Their response to that should have been "!@#$ you, we're doing our due diligence." I mean how long would it have taken? Probably about as long as it would have taken them to read SB 1070 before they over-reacted to that. :w00t:

I think this is absolutely true, but they are in this situation because the administration has allowed their base to run wild with the race card. This very foundation is what put them in this situation. There have been plenty of times for the administration, as well as key people in both houses, to push back the race card dialogue, but instead, the WH remained silent and the Pelosi and Reid machine went out of their way to feed that beast. You don't have to look any further than Nancy Pelosi's ridiculously embarrassing "arm-in-arm gavel walk" with black congressman right through the middle of the protesters.

That is flat out prodding the bear, which led to the "stories" of dozens of tea party protesters calling them the N word, another narrative that got wildly out of control in spite of the fact that not one single person -- in a sea of tens of thousands of people with cameras, cellphones, etc. -- is able to produce even a WHIFF of that happening. And yet to this day people still talk about that event as if it were proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Sharrod herself, an appointed government employee, specifically stated in her speech to NAACP that the reason there is so much anger on the right is strictly because Obama is black.

This is crap. We both know that. So the WH is singularly responsible for putting themselves in this no-win situation.

But hey, no one is paying attention to the deficit, or the oil spill, or the high unemployment...so I guess that's something.

Obama loves this ****, dont kid yourself. He called this fraud today, himself and even offered to "tackle racism in the USDA"......that elitist bastion of exclusivity and bigotry.

Hey...can someone give me the code word to get into the white men's only golf game at the USDA private club?