Parish as second receiver

The quickness and elusiveness of Roscoe, if used properly, either with reverses, fake reverses can or make up your own play can be the straw that adds a bit more to the camels back for defensive coordinators playing the bills.

The Bills lacking talents can no longer be used as an excuse if Roscoe, CJ, Marshawn, Jackson, and Evans are put in situations that can take advantage of their skills.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The quickness and elusiveness of Roscoe, if used properly, either with reverses, fake reverses can or make up your own play can be the straw that adds a bit more to the camels back for defensive coordinators playing the bills.

The Bills lacking talents can no longer be used as an excuse if Roscoe, CJ, Marshawn, Jackson, and Evans are put in situations that can take advantage of their skills.

Parrish is only "elusive" when he has an untouched 10 yard headstart, such as when he is returning a punt.

You can't "fair catch" a pass.

The question being: have they not been put into those situations, or are they simply not that skilled? We're going to get a new look at them this year. I'm reserving judgement until mid season.

The question being: have they not been put into those situations, or are they simply not that skilled? We're going to get a new look at them this year. I'm reserving judgement until mid season.

I am not very high on Roscoe. He hasn't been utilized to his fullest but I have seen enough of him to conclude he is an average to below average NFL receiver. IMO, not even close to being a #2 WR.

Great punt returner though.

At best he's a slot receiver, not an outside receiver. I don't know if Gailey can make him more effective there, but the Bills might not have time to find out, what with other WR prospects on the team they might want to keep over him (his value as a PR helps him). The WR cuts will be interesting.

I am not very high on Roscoe. He hasn't been utilized to his fullest but I have seen enough of him to conclude he is an average to below average NFL receiver. IMO, not even close to being a #2 WR.

Great punt returner though.

Color me unimpressed regarding his punt returning last season.

At best he's a slot receiver, not an outside receiver. I don't know if Gailey can make him more effective there, but the Bills might not have time to find out, what with other WR prospects on the team they might want to keep over him (his value as a PR helps him). The WR cuts will be interesting.

Very true and so is the lack of experience at the WR position.

He seems to be more "slippery" than outright "fast." That, plus his lack of height/size doesn't add up to being an effective receiver in any position, methinks. Plus, his punt returning really dropped off last year. Meh.

He seems to be more "slippery" than outright "fast." That, plus his lack of height/size doesn't add up to being an effective receiver in any position, methinks. Plus, his punt returning really dropped off last year. Meh.

What didn't drop off last year, outside of the secondary?

It seems like a lot of Bills fans have annual amnesia when it comes to Roscoe. He's had quite enough time to turn himself into a receiver and it hasn't happened...there's nothing to suggest it ever will happen.

Stop it. If "used properly" by a "competent coaching staff", he's just like Wes Welker.

I have never seen such an unaccomplished player earn so much devotion from a fan base.

Roscoe Parrish has never been a good wide receiver and he will never be a good wide receiver. He's a special teams-only guy who may not even have that any more. I'd be more surprised to see him to 500 receiving yards this year than to see him register 0.

He's got quickness for sure. And he can run, catch, and throw. But his downfield blocking ability is a bit of an unknown. I assume he's fair or poor with this aspect of the game. Perhaps this is one reason why he has not been on the field more. For a #3 WR, would you rather have an exceptionally good blocker with good hands or an exceptionally quick reciever?

Stop it. If "used properly" by a "competent coaching staff", he's just like Wes Welker.

I have never seen such an unaccomplished player earn so much devotion from a fan base.

I don't know, the Bills fan base has fallen in love with guys like Tim Tindale and Jamie Mueller before.

The Bills severely lack talent where it matters most. They have no one to blame but themselves for this.

I think Roscoes' ship has sailed.

In his 5 year career, he has totaled 100 catches, and 5 tds...3 catches last season. It's obvious to me that he is no reliable threat, but amazingly, they extended his contract to the tune of $12M in '07.

They could have hawked him away for his PR skills, but they didn't. I think that window is closed now. They should peddle him to the highest bidder and eat the $.

I think Roscoes' ship has sailed.

In his 5 year career, he has totaled 100 catches, and 5 tds...3 catches last season. It's obvious to me that he is no reliable threat, but amazingly, they extended his contract to the tune of $12M in '07.

They could have hawked him away for his PR skills, but they didn't. I think that window is closed now. They should peddle him to the highest bidder and eat the $.

Apparently "Our Wes Welker" has career totals that would end up as the real Welker's 4th best season.

I cannot put a lot of faith in the annual Roscoe is underused discussion. Over 5 years, he has gone over 50 yards in a game, twice, over 100 yards once. The small quick receiver is a strategy that doesn't work very often in the NFL.