Parish as second receiver

Ya but did the coaches that he played for have any clue of the possible correct way to use his talents !!

The guy reminds me in some ways of a Steve Smith (Carolina) build , speed i think Chan will know how to use his talents .

/sarcasm?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Parrish is simply too small to be a full time #2 WR. He's listed as 5'9 178. I wouldn't be surprised if he was substantially smaller than that.

Last season, I noticed on occasion that Josh Reed was an effective blocker as the slot WR on running plays. Roscoe wouldn't be able to provide that, but he creates other matchup problems. In particular, he's so quick that you pretty much have to line up a DB across from him. (if you're playing man coverage) From an OC perspective, it's always a good start when you can dictate to the other team what personnel they need to put on the field, and/or what defensive schemes they're limited to.

Here's a simplistic example of some of the things you might be able to do matchup-wise. Let's assume it's 3rd down and the Bills are playing a team that plays a 3-4. The Bills line up Evans on the left, #2WR on the right, Parrish in the slot on the right, and Spiller and Jackson or Lynch in the backfield. Most of the time, the defense will take a LB off the field (in this instance, since it's 3rd down, probably one of the ILBs) and put a nickel back on Parrish. If they don't do this, you pretty much know that they're playing zone, because a LB couldn't cover Parrish 1-1. On most 3-4 teams, the most effective blitzer is the WOLB. So you motion Spiller out to the left, and the WOLB pretty much has to go with him, because there isn't anybody else "in the neighborhood". You've managed to greatly reduce the defense's ability to blitz simply with a combination of personnel/motion.