What Bills Victory did you Least Enjoy?

Buffalo Bill...let me help you. All these years I thought the same thing. Then my buddy found this on youtube >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAFH4Ch05A Stop it at 1:47....& watch it several times 1:47 to 1:52 If my recollection serves me correctly, we didn't get this angle after the the play. This must have been what Luckett saw under the hood. To all those who believe we got ripped that day...I'm curious if these 5 seconds on this replay video will change your mind like it did mine.

i did look at a couple times. You have take into account the camera movement, you would be to judge something of that nature better from a fixed camera that isn't zooming.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did look at a couple times. You have take into account the camera movement, you would be to judge something of that nature better from a fixed camera that isn't zooming.

I watched it several more times, keeping in mind your point. I still think it traveled backwards about 4 to 12 inches. So much was riding on that. It truly is a game of inches.

Too bad, as a newcomer to TSW, you've chosen to actually not contribute, but instead ridicule. This is a classic example of being exactly what you accuse others of.

I guess I am being sarcastic - but what victory did you least enjoy? It just has such an odd nature about it. It would be less weird to me if you asked about bad experiences at the stadium in general. But specific to victories? You are asking people to take something that should be positive as a sports fan and remember it for something negative. It is like asking - what was your most disappointing Christmas as a child? Everyone might have an answer - but how depressing. I don't get it, but I am obviously in the minority given the amount of posts.

I guess I am being sarcastic - but what victory did you least enjoy? It just has such an odd nature about it. It would be less weird to me if you asked about bad experiences at the stadium in general. But specific to victories? You are asking people to take something that should be positive as a sports fan and remember it for something negative. It is like asking - what was your most disappointing Christmas as a child? Everyone might have an answer - but how depressing. I don't get it, but I am obviously in the minority given the amount of posts.

Please accept my apologies. I didn't mean to irk anyone. Although quite frustrated with my team because of the last few years, I am a positive person by nature. I guess I just needed to tell my story of what happened at that Skins game. And hey, we got to read some other interesting stories.

I watched it several more times, keeping in mind your point. I still think it traveled backwards about 4 to 12 inches. So much was riding on that. It truly is a game of inches.

As much as I hate to say it, I think you might be right. When you look at the guy throwing the ball, both his feet are behind the line. But his shoulder juts forward a bit from where his feet were, and the way he threw the ball extended it forward even a little further than that. If you look at 1:22 of the video, you can see the guy's arm extending outward from his body, with his right (throwing) foot almost on the line. I'd estimate the ball was a good foot or foot and a half in front of the line when it was thrown. It seemed like it was about six inches in front of the line when it was caught.

The bottom line is that the Bills should either have been more disciplined with kick coverage, or else should have kicked the ball out of bounds, and let their top tier defense win the game for them! :angry: :angry:

I took my daughter, AKA Babyrock to a TBD home opener, where we visited with our usual friends and met a few new TBDers. Now Babyrock is a pretty girl. and the day after the game some of the people we tailgated with decided to start a "hottie" thread that was apparently so rude it was deleted. Thankfully I missed it.

Only time I was ever mad at the poor behavior of TBD members especially towards my daughter.

It never happened again.

Names withheld to protect the guilty. YOU know who you are!

In proper perspective, TBD tailgates are 99.9% fan and family friendly. Me and the family already have our tix for Miami.

:lol:

3 that immediately come to mind - all in the "L" column, possibly thanks to poor officiating.

I'm not going to bother investigating dates and exact circumstances, but here's my recollection:

Miami game in early to mid 70s. Bill's Pat Toomay recovers fumble or cause fumble or some such thing. Maybe Tony Greene was involved. I forget now. But basically the Bills got screwed by a bad call in the pre-replay days. It was generally accepted that Shula, who was on the Rules Committee (dinners and golf with the NFL zebras I'm guessing), had an awful lot of questionable calls go his way during that era.

Then there was the Patriots "Hail Mary" game (1998?) in which the officals called pass interference in the end zone on a Hail Mary pass. Unheard of. I don't know that a Hail Mary End Zone pass interference penalty was ever called before, or has been since. Gave the Pats first and goal on the one. After taking the "sail out their winds" (Hank Bullough reference), thge Pats scored and won. Prior to the PI call in the end zone, the Pats were given a first down on a pass play in which the receiver was clearly short and out of bounds. That was the famous "just give it to them" play - an overheard quote from one of the on-field officials. A lot of remote controls were thrown that day.

And of course, the Music City Miracle.

I know most of the "Totally Unbiased" Bills fans feel it was a forward pass.

The rule is: if it goes backwards or directly parallel along the yard marker lines, it's a legal lateral. TV angles can give deceptive views. That call could have gone either way. If the refs had thrown the flag, it wouldn't have been overturned - Bills win. The refs, unsure if it was legal, elected to let it go to replay to decide. It was inconclusive.

There have been numerous computer models and replications, and they always point to it being a perfect sideways pass, right down the line. If you look at the point where the ball was released, with the hand motion clearly starting beyond the line, and where it was caught, at toe level, right on the line, there really isn't any conclusive evidence of it going forward. If I'm being completely objective, and not looking through Bills-colored glasses, I can't be sure one way or the other.

The Bills blew, plain and simple. They were already in celebration mode and lost their concentration and didn't cover the kickoff as they were drilled.

The Bills last playoff game.

Here's something to think about - most Buffalo area students entering their first or second year of high school probably don't have any memories of a Bills playoff game. How sad is that?

It was about 15 yrs ago - give or take a little. I was at Rich Stadium watching a Bills / Redskins game with my sister. Seated next to me was an eleven year-old boy, and next to him his mother. Sometime during the game she got up & said, "Excuse me, I have to take my son to the rest-room...this guy behind us just urinated all over him." I instantly became infuriated. Then I asked her perhaps a dumb question, but it was so hard to believe...I asked, "Did you personally witness this?" She said, "Yes". I immediately got up & hunted security & they tossed him out of the stadium. When the dude got to the isle, it was all I could do to not toss him down the steps. The Bills played a great game & beat the Skins, but I was still mad at the end of the game & couldn't savor the victory.

What Bills victory did you least enjoy, & why?

I was at that game too...the last time I saw Kelly live. I remember it was a pretty cold day, my brother in-law, visiting from Austrailia froze his ass off, but we had a great time...didn't have to urinate on anyone to have a good time!

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGYhsX_zH6U

Great days...Primetime was in its' prime...Thurman and Darrick Holmes each go for over 100...a beleaguered Jim Kelly gets a rushing td, the stadium went ape- ****! Even rookie Eric Moulds had a miracle reception...and oh yeah, Andre Reed goes for 94 yrds...

Buffalo Bill...let me help you. All these years I thought the same thing. Then my buddy found this on youtube >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAFH4Ch05A Stop it at 1:47....& watch it several times 1:47 to 1:52 If my recollection serves me correctly, we didn't get this angle after the the play. This must have been what Luckett saw under the hood. To all those who believe we got ripped that day...I'm curious if these 5 seconds on this replay video will change your mind like it did mine.

It's history .... in the end what I really find shocking is that the Bills ST's could have been that inept. Bottom line is that the Bills lost and as a Bills fan it was a very bitter pill to swallow.

Then there was the Patriots "Hail Mary" game (1998?) in which the officals called pass interference in the end zone on a Hail Mary pass. Unheard of. I don't know that a Hail Mary End Zone pass interference penalty was ever called before, or has been since. Gave the Pats first and goal on the one. After taking the "sail out their winds" (Hank Bullough reference), thge Pats scored and won. Prior to the PI call in the end zone, the Pats were given a first down on a pass play in which the receiver was clearly short and out of bounds. That was the famous "just give it to them" play - an overheard quote from one of the on-field officials. A lot of remote controls were thrown that day.

Right year...generally referred to as the "Just Give It To Them" game...the official that threw the flag on the Hail Mary (Henry Jones received the penalty although if anyone was actually interfered with, it was Bills CB Thomas Smith) was Terry McCauley....who since got promoted to referee.

The most glaringly bad call was the 4th down play that got converted even though Shawn Jefferson was clearly short and out of bounds and with 2 officials on the scene.

I truly think that was the game where the Pats started getting away with cheating to win...with Robert Kraft paying off the officials...because no one could screw up that call without intentionally doing so

I was at that game too...the last time I saw Kelly live. I remember it was a pretty cold day, my brother in-law, visiting from Austrailia froze his ass off, but we had a great time...didn't have to urinate on anyone to have a good time!

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGYhsX_zH6U

1:08--Ruben Brown with a great block. This is what the line has been unable to do for the past few years. I'm calling coaching on this one. Brown pulls to get that inside block from the draw handoff. That's crap that never went down with Jauron's offense. I can't wait to see some innovative playcalling for what seems to be a simple run up the gut. Plays like that allow for real simple runs up the middle to work, as exhibited at 1:18 by Tim Tindale.

1:38--Kelly under pressure, buying time. Dude was the least "athletic" guy on that team, but he was still able to step to the side to avoid a sack and buy time. That's all about awareness rather than raw ability. Kelly's in the Hall of Fame, so I'm not minimizing his talent by saying that Edwards can be taught that. It's coaching there buddy.

2:52--besides the obvious terrible tackling skills, this is what wins ballgames. You break teams' backs when you are able to power your way into the end zone from the 15 yard line. Something that has been lacking.

All in all, the bills of today need some decent coaches to be able to be put in a position to win games. OF course, sprinkling in a half dozen hall of famers wouldn't hurt either.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that game but I sure haven't and I'm glad to see that someone else remembered it. I always wondered the same thing, who calls PI on a hailmary. If we win that game, then we would have finished at 11-5 putting our playoff game against the Dolphins in Buffalo instead of Miami.

I took my daughter, AKA Babyrock to a TBD home opener, where we visited with our usual friends and met a few new TBDers. Now Babyrock is a pretty girl. and the day after the game some of the people we tailgated with decided to start a "hottie" thread that was apparently so rude it was deleted. Thankfully I missed it.

Only time I was ever mad at the poor behavior of TBD members especially towards my daughter.

It never happened again.

Names withheld to protect the guilty. YOU know who you are!

In proper perspective, TBD tailgates are 99.9% fan and family friendly. Me and the family already have our tix for Miami.

:w00t:

wait. how old is your daughter? I only ask cuz I seem to remember you have a kid within the past few years/

I game I enjoyed the least was a game against the jets in buffalo, when it was like 15 below. This is going back to1991 or 92 ? I think they said it was the coldest games in bills history. The bills won 9-6 on a last minute field. I remember it was so cold they couldn't even gets a crew out there to shovel the snow off the seats in the upper deck the day before.

As a side note I also went to the Pats playoff game last year against the Ravens in foxbrough. I think it was just as cold, But it was great to see the Pats get dropped.