How would you like us to beat Miami in the season opener?

Hossage

Select preferred victory  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see?

• Guts. I want to physically pound the phins into submission.
    • Precision. I want the offense to click, passes caught, and the defense to get turnovers.
    • Heart. I want the Bills to come from behind and finish a see-saw game in the fourth quarter.
    • Blowout. I want to embarass Miami.
    • Other, please specify terms of victory.

I want to see some signs of life in all phases of the game. I want to see our #2 guys on the defensive and offensive lines play with courage and look in shape, and I want our quarterbacks and receivers to play with confidence. I want a gutsy effort that shows us where we are.

Let me know what you guys would most like to see out of this team for the season opener. Ever day we get closer to the opener I get a little more pissed off.

EDIT: Sir Spiller, did my navy blue vest and southern drawl give it away?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see some signs of life in all phases of the game. I want to see our #2 guys on the defensive and offensive lines play with courage and look in shape, and I want our quarterbacks and receivers to play with confidence. I want a gutsy effort that shows us where we are.

Let me know what you guys would most like to see out of this team for the season opener.

Is that you Chan Gailey???

I think the opener sets the tone for a good part of the season, and in our case, I think, will have a big impact on our season. We are a big question mark right now - and will be so until after game one. No one knows really how our offense or defense will look. That alone is an advantage. Furthermore, Miami, although being a solid team, is one of the wins we would expect, when looking at the schedule, and which might be one of the more beatable opponents.

We are going to see some good passing and running with Miami - now having Brandon Marshall - that bumps their number one and two recievers from last year to their two and three, respectively, which adds a lot of dynamic to the group, and skill. So, our run and pass defense will be tested. If we get beat up on, it could get into their heads a little, allowing the players to think that once again they're on a losing team. On the other hand, if we can stand up and play like men, play with pride, and not get pushed around, and showcase our talents, then we might be able to develop a bit of confidence and carry that over. As was just posted on Buffalo Rumblings - the mental aspect of the team is just as important as the physical. We've got to expect to go out and be able to beat on the opponent if we ever expect to have a winning team here.

I can imagine it now - Buffalo's defense coming out tough, shutting down the wildcat and the passing game of Miami, jumping out to a good lead, and holding on to that lead throughout the game. The announcers would be saying, "what a surprise out of Buffalo. A lot of people expected this team to be in rebuilding mode - well, someone forgot to send the Memo to the Bills. This team looks pretty good!"

Yeah.

Wow, coming off of 6-10, I'd like a "W" please! Any Miami game is a needed win, so 21-20 or 3-0 will suit me just fine! By the way, the blowout is the preference ANY weekend!! GO BILLS!!

One point would be just fine with me TOO!!!

I voted for other. The Bills are a rebuilding team, and as such need draft position more than they need a week 1 victory.

**** that. Last year we were told that TO was going to be the one key piece that was missing in a very talented team. Then suddenly this year, we've got complete nothing. Sounds like the front office decided to try a different strategy this year.

We need to pound the phins into submission. Make them wish the game was over by halftime and not let up in the 2nd half. keep pounding them until the very end. rack up ridiculous stats. Get all 3 of our RBs 100 yards. Build confidence in our QB, whomever they may be.

Start this year off on a powerful note and show all of those ****ers who ranked us to finish last in the league to shame.

Give us a team to Billieve in again

i would LIKE them to crush the fish and make them cry

but the only way they will win this game is to get the breaks. the fish are clearly superior mainly due to maturity so its highly unlikely they outplay them first time out. they will need to win the to battle

short of that it seems pretty clear what will happen. ricky and ronnie and my grandma will combine to rush for over two hunnerd. bills move the ball but cant finish. 20-10 fish

Let me know what you guys would most like to see out of this team for the season opener. Ever day we get closer to the opener I get a little more pissed off.

EDIT: Sir Spiller, did my navy blue vest and southern drawl give it away?

I still remember Brian Cox disrespecting our fans over 15 years ago. I want Chan to put spiller in situations to kill the Fish just like Thurman did with screens. Absolutely tear them a new one. Some might say that the rivalry isn't as great as in the past. But in my mind it's still as big as ever. Squish the fish and toss them under the seat of Parcell's car seat.

Go Bills!!!

It's hard to win in the NFL, let's just keep it close going into the 4th quarter and give ourselves a chance to win with a late field goal.

- Sorry, I was temporarily possesed by Dick Juaron. :rolleyes:

Squish Da Fish!!!

Three backs each with over 100 yards rushing in the opener!

Guest dog14787

I voted precision, I want to see an offense that actually works properly for a change and a total team effort on offense, defense and special teams.

I'm fairly certain the bills will score:

1.) a rushing TD (Lynch!)

2.) a receiving TD (Roscoe)

3.) another receiving TD (Nelson)

4.) a punt return TD (Spiller)

5.) a field goal (Lindell)

6.) a pick 6 (McKelvin)

7.) another field goal

8.) and yet another receiving TD (Jackson)

Unfortunately, the Ph**s will score a TD (Fasano), field goal, and a garbage time TD to Marshall.

48-17

OH YEAH!