Schobel - why not try and trade him for a late round pick?

ACor58

He said he was surprised the Bills paid him and not Fletcher or Pat Williams. But then again, I am just some anonymous guy online, and I could be a total liar. It isnt really so unheard of to offer a guy a new contract during the season to keep him happy and dedicated.

Usually happens if free agency is pending, or if the guy is outrageously underpaid or if the team badly needs cap space. The Schobel re-do was none of these. I bet they thought they were rewarding him and taking care of him because he appeared to be a more long term asset than Fletcher or Williams. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he didn't understand or appreciate that. A lot of time is spent by Bills fans on forums like TSW wondering why Bills players act the way they do. Often, it's because they are just weird or dumb. Knowing Schobel, you have come to find this out first hand.

We have catered to this Punk enough already. Screw him and his desire to be with his family. Retire give the money back and shut the f%&k up . He is the reason we are looking for a god-damn LT today, overpaying for his no run playing ass . Thank You Buddy / Gailey and Modrak because if we had the jokes of a front office Levy & Brandon he would have been released for nothing already. Keep the Boot on this Texas Punks' neck . Make him Retire so this Organization can collect some of the mistake money that Levy/ Brandon gave him. I am tired of this fan Base protecting his soft playing ass . If he frustrated that the Bills are not winning it has everything to do with him .We overpaid for him and lost Pat Williams who Bled Bills all the way but we gave the money to a person who never gave a Damn about Buffalo. Would any one trade for Pat Williams today for Schoebal ? Hell Yea ! When plays needed to be made by the defense for the past 8 yrs in the 4th qtr he was missing . He was the reason that every RB looked like a ALL-PRO . HE IS THE REASON WE BEEN DEAD LAST AGAINST THE RUN. He is the reason we are soft as powdered snow . Screw him and his tin-man lack of heart.

why waste time with these assenine posts. are you a total moron, wtf. really???????????? :rolleyes: you are definately a retard. come on, please post something worth reading arsehoel.

Who is this one directed at?

why waste time with these assenine posts. are you a total moron, wtf. really???????????? :rolleyes: you are definately a retard. come on, please post something worth reading arsehoel.

Put down the vodka. Angry drunks suck.

Well the Bills have made sure that Schobel's family will be set for his life and, if they are smart, for generations to come. Any frustration he may feel about the team should be tempered by that fact.

PTR

There is a certain debt of gratitude to the ones signing your check, but in his case, he has made himself very rich. If not for the bills he would have been collecting a big check somewhere else. Like him or not, he was a serious player, and would have been rewarded wherever he was.

that said, still be appreciative.

You guys act as if you know what's going on.

Nobody really does.

You think you know what he wants.

You're guessing.

You apparently think you know what he said in private to the Bills.

You don't. I don't. Nobody does except Schobel and the Bills.

I know this is a really dead time on the boards, but jeez.

You guys act as if you know what's going on.

Nobody really does.

You think you know what he wants.

You're guessing.

You apparently think you know what he said in private to the Bills.

You don't. I don't. Nobody does except Schobel and the Bills.

I know this is a really dead time on the boards, but jeez.

While I agree talk about him wanting to play elsewhere or not pay back his bonus is speculation, there is no guessing about what's wrong with the picture.

He told the Bills he might retire. Then he said it was up to them whether he retires or comes back. The Bills have said they want him back. So obviously, Schobel at the very least has a stipulation that is not in his contract and that's where the problem lies.

Just read the Bills Official site 25 questions - this one about Schobel.

The problem appears to be (so he says) that he doesn't want his kids to split school curriculums between NY and Texas.

Ummm....here's an idea Aaron....live in Buffalo year 'round, or at least during the school year.

You have enough money to buy a nice little second residence in Texas, maybe a condo or something. So, send the family down to Texas for the summer to spend quality time with the in-laws and other family so they can learn to shoot guns, lasso longhorns, and get fitted for cowboy hats and boots. You can spend an entire month with them from the end of June to the end of July. Other than maybe a school teacher or administrator, how many professions allow that much uninterrutpted time with the family?

You can be with them until the end of July, and when traiining camp comes, you're too busy (and tired) to spend much time with them anyway. They come back up from the lone tard state after Labor Day, you send the kids to school, play the season, then you hang around until next June.

It's not a life sentence in Buffalo for Crissakes. You have only a handful of football years left - if that.

Is it that easy to throw away the NFL paycheck? One season (5+ months!) of your NFL pay is probably more than many of us will earn in a lifetime. Invested wisely, those (takehome)paychecks could easily translate to more than another 10 million when you hit your golden years.

If they just gotta stay in Texas, fly them in for the home games on Friday night, spend a little time, send 'em back Sunday night. Go down there during the bye week. These ball players will have plenty of money and many good years to spend with family, starting at a relatively young age. We should all be so lucky. You think Thurman, Jimbo, and Andre all hop out of bed at 6:30 am to beat the morning rush? They're all getting some quality Zzzzzz's.

Point is there are plenty of alternatives and practical solutions. If his heart is still in it, he'll be there after St John Fisher is behind them. I think he's taken a cue from another heavy sleeper, Bruuuuce, and is playing the "retirement card" to miss the two-a-days that the new regime will employ. Smart move Aaron.

As Bobby Vinton sang in the old WKBW-TV fall TV season promos: "see you, in September".

There is a certain debt of gratitude to the ones signing your check, but in his case, he has made himself very rich. If not for the bills he would have been collecting a big check somewhere else. Like him or not, he was a serious player, and would have been rewarded wherever he was.

that said, still be appreciative.

One can argue he would not have made as much with any other team than Buffalo. The Bills gave him the big contract. (needlessly IMO)

PTR