Jim Kelly hopes Trent Edwards is the starter

Huh? Never mind that James Harrison is an all-pro who was just coming off NFL Defensive player of the year honors and has had 26 sacks in his last 31 games, he had no sacks or even QB pressures in that game, 2 tackles, and Walker had 1 offensive holding penalty, that was declined because Trent threw a pick-six.

first, watch the game rather than breaking out the stat sheet. He was beaten or had to hold on every play. (no sack doesn't mean you didn't get by your man). Secondly, do you NOT think that performance sealed his benching? Pure coincidence in your mind? Thirdly, James Harrison was emblematic of the 3-4 edge rushers he'd face all season in our division.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first, watch the game rather than breaking out the stat sheet. He was beaten or had to hold on every play. (no sack doesn't mean you didn't get by your man). Secondly, do you NOT think that performance sealed his benching? Pure coincidence in your mind? Thirdly, James Harrison was emblematic of the 3-4 edge rushers he'd face all season in our division.

So Walker "was beaten or had to hold on every play," yet Harrison didn't even get credit for a QB hurry and Walker only got 1 holding penalty, despite facing the best defensive player in the league? Doesn't wash. And Walker started the follow weekend's game, the last pre-season game, against the Lions.

From all accounts, Walker's mouth is what got him out of Buffalo. And I'd still have taken him well before Bell.

From all accounts, Walker's mouth is what got him out of Buffalo. And I'd still have taken him well before Bell.

What got Walker out of Buffalo was his contract and upcoming roster bonus. The Bills simply went cheap. A week or two before he got cut a reporter stated that there was a good probability that Walker was going to be released. Sure enough, he was let go before the season started.

If you haven't figured out how the Bills run their shop by now you never will. :rolleyes:

What got Walker out of Buffalo was his contract and upcoming roster bonus. The Bills simply went cheap. A week or two before he got cut a reporter stated that there was a good probability that Walker was going to be released. Sure enough, he was let go before the season started.

If you haven't figured out how the Bills run their shop by now you never will. :nana:

LOL! The old "cheap" claim. :rolleyes:

LOL! The old "cheap" claim. :rolleyes:

Why do you think he was cut? When the decision was made to play Bell ahead of him the Bills were not going to pay starter money to a backup, even if he could have been a backup for a number of positions on the line. Walker was due a roster bonus. That made the decision very easy for the decision makers.

The Bills have been bad for a very long time. Still, you are struggling to find one of the many obvious reasons why this is such a lackluster franchise. Why do you think London Fletcher was released when he was our best LB? His contract was up. This franchise was certainly not going to give him a contract commensurate with his performances, especially when he could be replaced by a cheaper player.

As I stated before, if you can't figure it out by now you never will.

Why do you think he was cut? When the decision was made to play Bell ahead of him the Bills were not going to pay starter money to a backup, even if he could have been a backup for a number of positions on the line. Walker was due a roster bonus. That made the decision very easy for the decision makers.

The Bills have been bad for a very long time. Still, you are struggling to find one of the many obvious reasons why this is such a lackluster franchise. Why do you think London Fletcher was released when he was our best LB? His contract was up. This franchise was certainly not going to give him a contract commensurate with his performances, especially when he could be replaced by a cheaper player.

As I stated before, if you can't figure it out by now you never will.

With his contract extension, Jauron gained control over personnel moves. Why do you think the money meant anything to him?

Oh wait, that's right. Ralph "meddles" and he's "cheap." :rolleyes:

Carry on, John. There will be no learning tonight.

If you haven't figured out how the Bills run their shop by now you never will. :rolleyes:

You are absolutely correct.

In the NFL:

Bills = Cheap

Cheap = Losing

Losing = Bills

It isn't just a claim, it is more than obvious that money is the route of all decisions at OBD, as much as we all hate to admit it. Those who state otherwise are dilusional.

In the NFL:

Bills = Cheap

Cheap = Losing

Losing = Bills

It isn't just a claim, it is more than knowledge that money is the route of all decisions at OBD, as much as we all hate to admit it. Those who state otherwise are delusional.

Yeah, that's why Walker, Dockery, Schobel, Evans, Kelsay, Denney, and TO received big deals. :rolleyes:

I love the positivity because I'm wired that way but you are going completely overboard. With few expectations, rookie receivers struggle in their first year. That goes for 1st rounders, much less 4th rounders. I like Easely potential but he is going to play a Sam Aikens type role and maybe be the 4th or 5th receiver.

Stop being so pessimistic. :rolleyes:

With his contract extension, Jauron gained control over personnel moves. Why do you think the money meant anything to him?

Oh wait, that's right. Ralph "meddles" and he's "cheap." :thumbsup:

Carry on, John. There will be no learning tonight.

Jauron did get more authority in personnel moves. Not the absolute authority as you indicate. Dick Jauron had no authority when it came to contracts. That was above and beyond him.

Again, why do you think London Fletcher, our best LB, was released when his contract expired? They weren't going to pay him a contract commensurate with his player status.

Do you honestly believe that Jauron wanted his most versatile lineman, Langston Walker, cut just prior to the start of the season? Even if LW was not going to start he was capable of backing up the LT, both guard positions and RT. Walker's termination was simply a cost saving measure. Whatever you think of him as a player his departure severely damaged the depth on the line.

To say that Ralph doesn't meddle is an absurd statement when everyone knows that he does. He is the owner. He can do whatever he wants, and he does. Are you disputing that Ralph was instrumental in the T.O. acquisition? Are you disputing that Ralph decided on the starting qb (Johnson) in the Tennessee playoff game? Why do you think the Bills have been consistenly one of the lowest ranked teams in the NFL over the past decade? The obvious is the obvious.

So Walker "was beaten or had to hold on every play," yet Harrison didn't even get credit for a QB hurry and Walker only got 1 holding penalty, despite facing the best defensive player in the league? Doesn't wash. And Walker started the follow weekend's game, the last pre-season game, against the Lions.

Harrison didn't log a ton of snaps that game. He had 2 series and I stand by my assessment, having just rewatched the NFL network coverage on TivO.

All you have to do is listen to Gailey's interviews and say to yourself, if I played for the Bills is this the no nonsense type of man I would want leading my football team.

Confidence is an essential ingredient to winning in my opinion and Chan Gailey breeds confidence.

Gailey/ Nix are going to turn this ball club around, Billieve it.

All I know is, reading your posts makes me wanna smoke weed.