Slammed with a 5.3 last night

A earthquake. Felt like a 100 ft tall Mike Tyson hit the house. A non story,BUT I JUST CANCELED MY EARTHQUAKE INSURANCE A WEEK BEFORE. Decided $600 a year was to much. Question is do you people in Cali carry it?

I don't carry it, not because of the cost, but because of the relative value. The deductible is so grotesquely high that you're essentially hoping the earthquake destroys your house. I'm exaggerating this to make a point, but imagine your car insurance deductible is $7,000, you get in a wreck, and they don't total your car, but tell you it's going to cost $6,999 to fix it. That's California earthquake insurance, but with more digits.

I don't carry it, not because of the cost, but because of the relative value. The deductible is so grotesquely high that you're essentially hoping the earthquake destroys your house. I'm exaggerating this to make a point, but imagine your car insurance deductible is $7,000, you get in a wreck, and they don't total your car, but tell you it's going to cost $6,999 to fix it. That's California earthquake insurance, but with more digits.

That's exactly why when I owned I didn't carry coverage.