Don't do drugs.

Hossage

One of my friends just died of a drug overdose. 30-40% of my youth and college friends have died, been to rehab or jail, and when I got to know them they were all sober. I wish I had never seen a drug. We tend to glorify drugs and talk about how fun they are I am guilty of that, too. I partied for a decade, and honestly it was the wrong decision. Drugs arent even close to being worth it when you think about how much trouble they cause in this world.

We were track stars together, running backs, friends since second grade. Drugs didnt have anything to do with what was important to us. For it to end like this-- I'm out of words.

I'm not even looking for sympathy. Im just saying dont let your friends do the same thing.

One of my friends just died of a drug overdose. 30-40% of my youth and college friends have died, been to rehab or jail, and when I got to know them they were all sober. I wish I had never seen a drug. We tend to glorify drugs and talk about how fun they are I am guilty of that, too. I partied for a decade, and honestly it was the wrong decision. Drugs arent even close to being worth it when you think about how much trouble they cause in this world.

We were track stars together, running backs, wrestlers and friends. For it to end like this-- I'm out of words.

May your friend RIP.

Wow - so sorry to hear that.

Like you, I wish somebody had told me this: It can only go two ways: It either sucks, which sucks. Or, it's great, which sucks because then you want more.

I just heard Tony Kornheiser talk about it the other day. He told somebody to stop pain meds as soon as they can after surgery. He said that the problem "with these great drugs is that they are too great. Then there is no way to assimilate back into society."

We were track stars together, running backs, friends since second grade. Drugs didnt have anything to do with what was important to us. For it to end like this-- I'm out of words.

I'm not even looking for sympathy. Im just saying dont let your friends do the same thing.

Maybe it's you?

Sorry for your loss.

Hey Hoss - I'm really sorry to hear about your buddy. I wish it was as easy as not letting our friends do the same thing, but we both know it's not. You have found sobriety and that is the most important thing. Keep showing those still using how good life can be. And keep making those that have gone before you proud.

Hey Hoss - I'm really sorry to hear about your buddy. I wish it was as easy as not letting our friends do the same thing, but we both know it's not. You have found sobriety and that is the most important thing. Keep showing those still using how good life can be. And keep making those that have gone before you proud.

Yeah, I couldn't have helped any of my friends who were addicted. Its a cliche, but when you are addicted to drugs you cant see that they are your problem. Especially since when you quit, things get worse in a hurry.