Good recent Brohm interview

I'm really pulling for Brohm here...here's a telling quote from the article:

"The last two weeks he's made a jump in my opinion," Gailey said on the team's website. "I thought he practiced well. We'll have to see how he progresses once we get pads on and all that. But I thought he made a good jump."

It would be great news for the Bills if Brohm could actually get it together and win the job outright. The guy has skills. Sometimes it just takes a little time, and being put in the right situation, for a young QB to finally get it. I am hoping this is the case with Brohm.

To be honest, I thought the most interesting tidbit was the fact that the offense is going to be a "hybrid, a combination of spread sets coupled with power football."

Agreed

I am all for power football. Zone blocking makes me insane...especially now that everybody knows how to beat it, and the refs are calling low/chop blocks much more. Denver Broncos small/quick O Line days are over. If we are going to pay big fat strong guys, then let's let them play like big fat strong guys, not "first guy to get to a spot" and try to get them to play like defensive backs.

It would be great news for the Bills if Brohm could actually get it together and win the job outright. The guy has skills. Sometimes it just takes a little time, and being put in the right situation, for a young QB to finally get it. I am hoping this is the case with Brohm.

Agreed, and I suspect all Bills fans feel this way. Fitz has played for 3 teams now and we've pretty much seen everything he can bring to the NFL. Trent? well.. maybe this can be his reclamation project. He's certainly accurate, but there's just as certainly a lot of missing intangibles in his game.

If none of the three step up, we're gonna have to draft/trade next year, Brown notwithstanding, and it will take a number of years before the next guy clearly understands the NFL game.. (IF we're lucky enough to not employ a bust..)

So yes, <in my best Princess Leia> "Help me, Brian Brohm. You're my only hope!"

very encouraging article IMO, I've been very high on Brohm since we signed him last year, he has the skills to be a legit player, and now with a system that seems to favor his skill set I gotta believe he's going into camp as one of the favorites to win the job.

hopefully he comes out guns blazing wins the job and has a solid year for us, it would be a huge surprise and would speak volumes for chan's ability as a coach.

Goodbye Fitzpatrick - and thanks for your time here!

Fitzpatrick will still be in the NFL when Brohm gets the job coaching his high school. In fact, I expect Fitzpatrick to still be on the Bills, long after Brohm hangs up his Bills uniform for the final time. Of the 4 QBs on the roster, the only one I'm sure will be here in 2011 is Fitzpatrick.

Green Bay is going to be sorry that they let Brohm go. Brohm will make giant strides this year if given the chance.

Why would they be sorry? They have one of the best qb's in the league in AaRon Rodgers.