If we won the Super Bowl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that goes preposterously wrong in front of a national audience.

For example, as the team's plane lands, a giant sinkhole swallows the airport

Buffalo-unique.

I'd spend countless days and nights looking at old posts that contained negative, doom and gloom posts about the hiring of Chan and then personally e-mail each person a picture of my b@lls. :devil:

I'd spend countless days and nights looking at old posts that contained negative, doom and gloom posts about the hiring of Chan and then personally e-mail each person a picture of my b@lls. :devil:

Sounds like a lot of work. Good thing you'll never actually have to do that.

A "We forgive you, Scott Norwood Day"
real Bills fans didn't blame him in the 1st place

Philster, my post was a joke.

I didn't even click your link but I'm pretty sure that if I did that I'd see tens of thousands of fans cramming Niagara Square, chanting "We want Scott!"

In the thread last week about coolest Bills moments, that post Super Bowl rally was my second best moment (after Todd Schlopy).

It was the day after the first Super Bowl loss. I worked in the parking lot behind City Hall. Incredibly, even though the Bills had just lost the Super Bowl, I managed to come into work. By mid morning I'd heard there would be a rally on the steps of City Hall.

I remember the four busses pulling up and parking right next to my parking lot on Court Street. I remember seeing all the Bills greats stepping off the busses…Kelly, Bruce, Hull, Talley, Thurman, Reed…then I saw Scott Norwood.

The second I saw Norwood I immediately felt so sorry for him (I actually didn't blame him for the loss…I thought Levy was outcoached, the Giants cheated a bit with the fake injuries, and our last drive wasn't very effective. I also thought the Bills were overconfident).

I moved towards the sidewalk they were walking on as they headed towards the back entrance to City Hall. As I approached the parking lot, Scott Norwood was passing by. He sensed a "civilian" and looked up at me.

Our eyes met and I gave him a nod. Scott saw me but didn't really respond. He looked like a guy going to his execution.

I ran back, locked my parking booth and headed to Niagara Square. It was a mob scene. Wall to wall people. Then the chants for Scott and him being so overwhelmed he could hardly form his thoughts. I remember him saying he would dedicate the next year to the Bills fans. The emotion in Niagara Square that day was off the charts, intensified by the number of people there all feeling love and forgiveness.

So yes, I'm a true fan, Philster.

But I do know a few other true Bills fans (longtime season ticket holders to boot) that do blame Scott Norwood.

So you don't speak for all true Bills fans. Maybe most of them, but not all of them.

Here's how real Bills fans treated Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21xzRcd2Uo

The real "hatred" for Norwood started in 1995 or so. The reason people showed love in the video you show is because we knew it wasn't over. Yes, there was some class, but mainly because we "knew" we would go again. After 3 more, and then the team starting to dismantle, I think fans really looked at that 47 yarder as our one "real chance". At this point, I'm down to thinking about the kick about once a month - 20 years later. I can't imagine what goes on in his head daily, regardless of him BSing us and telling people it doesn't bother him. Poor guy.

But I do know a few other true Bills fans (longtime season ticket holders to boot) that do blame Scott Norwood.

So you don't speak for all true Bills fans. Maybe most of them, but not all of them.

ok...the ones with brains, then :devil:

The real key play in that game was the 3rd and 13 play to Mark Ingram

The real "hatred" for Norwood started in 1995 or so. The reason people showed love in the video you show is because we knew it wasn't over. Yes, there was some class, but mainly because we "knew" we would go again. After 3 more, and then the team starting to dismantle, I think fans really looked at that 47 yarder as our one "real chance". At this point, I'm down to thinking about the kick about once a month - 20 years later. I can't imagine what goes on in his head daily, regardless of him BSing us and telling people it doesn't bother him. Poor guy.

I agree with everything you wrote.