F. Adams wants 4 mill a year

F. Adams wants 4 mill a year to play left tackle. Seem per reasonable given the fact there going to pay green 9 mill over 3 years. They must think that what they have is good enough at tackles, and will get better with more reps? I still think the O-line is are biggest problem and we need a starter and some depth.

Thoughts?

He would def help some of our skill position players develope by improving the o-line, allowing them more time to make plays. Some here will complain that he gets too many penalties, but so does Bell. A two year deal would be perfect if he would be willing to come to B-lo.

I get the feeling that the coaching staff and front office believe enough in Meredith/Bell that they are willing to let one of them start this year. If they don't work out, then they will spend a high pick on a tackle next year.

I'd rather they try and develop the young tackles, rather than bringing in a washed up LT for a year or two.

I get the feeling that the coaching staff and front office believe enough in Meredith/Bell that they are willing to let one of them start this year. If they don't work out, then they will spend a high pick on a tackle next year.

I'd rather they try and develop the young tackles, rather than bringing in a washed up LT for a year or two.

I agree, but I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Especially given the nature of the position, It's not but so hard to get multiple players significant work.

I do agree with developing the young guys, but I don't consider Adams washed up. Sure, he's not in his prime anymore, but still would be the best tackle on the Bills by far. Bottom line, Green is a stop gap at RT, hell, let's get a stopgap at LT too! :rolleyes: Long term, I believe Meredith could be the answer at RT, with the LT not currently on the roster.

I agree, I just don't have faith in Bell or Meredith, and i think that hurts guys like Edwards , Brohm Hardy, Nelson, Johnson, Spiller, etc. I think Adams can play the left or right side. You know there going to be an injury some where on the line, and he gives you some flexibilty. I hear the problem with Adams is he not able to handle the smaller speed rusher as well any more, but with all the teams in the east playing the 3-4, that doesn't seem like that would be as much as a problem. It seem most 3-4 DE are bigger, not like a schobel type.

Truthfully, I just get the feeling there going to play with the hand their dealt, and they won't bring anyone in who might change a 4-12 season, into a 7-9 unless there's some long term benefit. If they play with the current roster and they win 8-9 games then I think that will be a bonus and they will have a good foundation to build on, but other wise I think there content on securing a top 3 pick in next years draft and rebuilding for 2013.

I totally agree! Fozell Adams main problem is false starts I can live with one or two a game. But I rather see Meredith or bell man the position rite now, if they can't handle the job then that's what the draft is for. They believe in buildin thru the draft philosophy anyway....

We may not be as bad as we think at LT. Last year Langston Walker took the majority of the first team reps in the offseason, then our fabulous coaching staff and front office decided to cut him and name Bell the starter 1 week before the season. After half of the team went in IR, Jamon Meredith was signed off the Packers practice and was forced into the starting lineup in 3 weeks. IMO for a young man learning on the fly and with limited practice reps he held his own, yes he needed some work which is exactly what he has been given especially with Bell and Wang on the sidelines with injuries. He put on almost 15 pounds of muscle this offseason and from every report and video I have see he has been really busting his hump. Lets hope the unpreparedness, poor coaching, and injuries, where a the result of our poor line play and not the talent.

It seems obvious to me that bringing in a veteran as a stop gap measure only further retards the growth of potential players currently on the roster.

If he's not the answer, why spend your resources on him? Why not find out what you really have on the roster? If there's nothing there then you can go out the next season there is football and get someone.

It seems obvious to me that bringing in a veteran as a stop gap measure only further retards the growth of potential players currently on the roster.

If he's not the answer, why spend your resources on him? Why not find out what you really have on the roster? If there's nothing there then you can go out the next season there is football and get someone.

true very true.

What makes you say that? The last time they drafted an OT in round 1 was in 2002.

F. Adams wants 4 mill a year to play left tackle. Seem per reasonable given the fact there going to pay green 9 mill over 3 years. They must think that what they have is good enough at tackles, and will get better with more reps? I still think the O-line is are biggest problem and we need a starter and some depth.

Thoughts?

Link to amount he is looking for a year?

Link to amount he is looking for a year?

Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d818e...t-despite-visit

As with almost all NFL news, I found it linked via PFT.

As I speculated earlier, I didn't think the Steelers would meet his price.

They're pretty much a tight wad (but very well run) organization.

Have you guys paid attention to the past play of the current Bills tackles, it was not very good when it counted most.

Also. who is going to develop the young players on the team... the assistant line coach from KC who is now the head line coach in Buffalo that's who.

I'd bring Adams in and see if he wants to play in Buffalo, he is better then anything the Bills have on their roster.

Have you guys paid attention to the past play of the current Bills tackles, it was not very good when it counted most.

Also. who is going to develop the young players on the team... the assistant line coach from KC who is now the head line coach in Buffalo that's who.

I'd bring Adams in and see if he wants to play in Buffalo, he is better then anything the Bills have on their roster.

Hmmm…Meredith was thrown into the fire last year, learning a crap offense on the fly (and playing pretty well)…Bell was injured…Brad Butler retired, and Wang, Green, and Calloway weren't on the team last year. So I'm not really getting your first sentence.

Yes, last year's tackles weren't great but I don't think last year is very relevant considering the turnover at that position, the new system, etc.

The other thing is this.

Many young players don't need veteran guidance and nurturing strokes to improve.

Many young players simply need playing time to improve.

This is what I thought was going to happen this off season...

Hmmm…Meredith was thrown into the fire last year, learning a crap offense on the fly (and playing pretty well)…Bell was injured…Brad Butler retired, and Wang, Green, and Calloway weren't on the team last year. So I'm not really getting your first sentence.

Yes, last year's tackles weren't great but I don't think last year is very relevant considering the turnover at that position, the new system, etc.

The other thing is this.

Many young players don't need veteran guidance and nurturing strokes to improve.

Many young players simply need playing time to improve.

The offensive scheme shouldn't matter much to the linemen in terms of pass blocking, the change to zone blocking might help, but overall a block at the tackle position for a 3-5-7 step drop should be about the same no matter what scheme a team runs. The DE runs the arc and the tackle does his best to keep him away from the QB.

Go back and watch Bell and Meredith last season, and when the Bills needed to make a first down throwing the ball it seemed the more pressure they were under the worse they played.

To the bolded part of your post : To me, coaching is just about everything, and someone needs to teach these young players proper footwork & hand placement technique's, etc.

Jason Peters didn't suddenly emerge as a great LT on his own, he was coached by 26 year veteran O line coach Jim McNally, the same guy who coached HoF great LT Anthony Munoz when he was in Cincy.

The Bills have a rookie line coach this year, he will be setting up protections for the line and will also be learning his job while coaching the O line. Remember the last time the Bills had a rookie line coach, that year TE was concussed in Arizona, and TE concussed last season in his second year. No QB was concussed under McNally in his years with the Bills.

http://www.coachmcnally.com/index.php?opti...6&Itemid=26

Unless Adams has hit that proverbial end of career wall, I'd bring him in and rotate the tackles to keep them fresh, let Bell and Adams both play. I'm not convinced Bell can make it through a season completely healthy.